• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
What do you know, two Firmware updates during the same month. This is Ver. 9.0.1, so I wouldn't expect too much from this one.

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including a solution for the following:
  • Resolved an issue that may have triggered errors during game play.
  • Resolved an issue that may display an instruction to remove the Joy-Con during the initial setup of Nintendo Switch Lite.

Will update if patch notes are more detailed (spoiler: they won't). No controller update this time around.

OP
OP
Lite_Agent

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Looks like it DOES fix something, what do you know :)

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including a solution for the following:
  • Resolved an issue that may have triggered errors during game play.
  • Resolved an issue that may display an instruction to remove the Joy-Con during the initial setup of Nintendo Switch Lite.

That joycon error on the Lite must have been confusing.

Why I am convinced there's someone, somewhere, that tried to saw the controllers off the console...

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
One thing it definitely didn't fix was the diagonals on the Lites dpad.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, didn't realize the lite has that Joy-con startup lol. Nice it's fix, can't wait for my Pokémon lite switch.

Also give me a Dimitri Avatar, please!

Oct 25, 2017
xXE4EQe.jpg

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
Came for the stability jokes and I'll be leaving more than satisfied. See ya boys here for the 9.0.2 dosage of stability.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
Joy-Con attachment color effect does not show on the side of the screen
https:///nintendo-switch-fails-to-detect-joy-con-after-version-9-0-1-update/

i personally own yellow joycon and i tested it myself , its true that there was no colored effect , it is colorless or transparent

Skip to 2:30 and you can see the yellow color effect ( this firmware was before 9.0.1)

In summary , this might not be important but i like to see my joycon colors effect in handheld mode

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
My Switches Wi-fi quit working on 5GHZ after this update...? I restarted the Switch and can still only connect to the non-5g network.

Wasn't able to test further and see if rebooting the router made a difference.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, totally of topic but like a comment in here made me think of this...

....I like how we've had a themes section for the Switch in the Config menu, and yet it never, ever, got used or updated, other than the basic two which have been there since launch. Would've figured since how long the Switch has been out this would've been an update role out or eShop related stuff, and yet...

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Hope it fixes my store issue I have on my lite. For the most part it errors out on the first try and then I have to open it back up and I get in.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Is the joycon drift solved? It should become the new "Is the Wii U region free yet?" But I guess the drift can only be solved manually and not through firmware update.