• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this leads somewhere.

Seeing Tucker get curbed would put a cherry at the end of this godawful year.

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
After the whole Laura Ingraham thing, who also lost a ton of advertisers for her show, but still kept her show in the end, I don't see Tucker losing his over this either, Fox News just does not care enough about this.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly, I hadn't heard of quite a few of those advertisers. I was more surprised they were advertising on Tucker's show.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
After the whole Laura Ingraham thing, who also lost a ton of advertisers for her show, but still kept her show in the end, I don't see Tucker losing his over this either, Fox News just does not care enough about this.

Honestly Fox News could probably go commercial free and still have plenty of funding from right wing billionaires who want to keep the constituency scared and ignorant.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly Fox News could probably go commercial free and still have plenty of funding from right wing billionaires who want to keep the constituency scared and ignorant.

I doubt they need to because they have 2 things advertisers want...a large audience and a highly susceptible one. And they probably have data to back it up.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
First, the Germans have a word for Tucker Carlson's face and it is backpfeifengesicht.

Second, did I miss the IHOP/Jaguar merger?

Tucker Carlson, in the directory of racist agitators, is a good example of the "just asking questions" person for those who don't get why people call that sort out.

Like many "just asking questions" he has flown under the radar a lot of the time. But I suppose in the age of trumpism and open fascism the rising tide lifts all boats.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lasted a minute and a half before shutting it off. Dude's a fucking idiot. Economic arguments for immigration are made ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
They just can't help but put their foot in their mouths every time they open them.

chaostrophy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nate SIlver has a hot take on this issue *eyeroll*

Great response by Sleeping Giants:

Nate is openly gay, so it's a bit weird to tell him how members of the LGBTQ community think.

Not that I agree with Nate. I'd challenge him for examples of this strong anti-corporate speech on major tv networks that we should be worried about giving up, because I don't see it. The status quo is for it to be filtered out, whether due to advertiser pressure or network self-censoring.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Nate is openly gay, so it's a bit weird to tell him how members of the LGBTQ community think.

Not that I agree with Nate. I'd challenge him for examples of this strong anti-corporate speech on major tv networks that we should be worried about giving up, because I don't see it. The status quo is for it to be filtered out, whether due to advertiser pressure or network self-censoring.

Not every gay person is mindful of gay rights or cares about them. And it's the same with other minorities.