• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I am unsure if this is brand new or not, I certainly hadn't seen it before. If it has been posted already, just ignore this. I'm slowly warming up to this game.

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
Looks new, nice find !

I've got my eye on this one. Cool setting. Car carnage. And ID gun play glory.

If it all gels it could be a great game !

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mute the video, too many 'comedians'. The gunplay looks good, (it's iD) the AI looks a bit dumb, the abilities and movement look fun. The demo itself wasn't great because the person controlling it wasn't very good, but I'm hopeful this will turn out good.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Was really impressed with this at E3. It's gonna have to be GOTY material to get me to even consider using the Bethesda store though... and even then I'm not sure.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This starting part was also on a Bethesda France stream as well, and is PC footage on a m/kb. Some french commentary by the presenters but nowhere near as annoying.

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
Wait, is Mick Gordon doing the OST? That might significantly increase my interest in this game.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already watched this video from another youtuber last week. Regardless, im hyped for Rage 2. My second most anticipated game for 2019. Played the original Rage last summer after seeing the pre-E3 trailer and the trailer from Bethesda's E3 showcase and I enjoyed the entire game except for the non-existent ending. Arguably, one of the worst endings of all time. Shame because the rest of the game was very good.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The people playing this game are really obnoxious...

Game looks fun, though.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the gunfight after the tutorial in the French video, looks pretty good. Funny that the English stream used a gamepad...

Anyway still gonna hold off until it's on Steam/GOG/anythingbutbethesdastore but it's good to see that they got the shooting mechanics right. Avalanche has never really been good at that, Just Cause's gunplay has always been extremely disconnected and bullet spongy.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The scream for Overdrive was so awkward lol. He builds it up and it's just a mode with auto aim and damage buff.

Nov 8, 2017
This looks like it's going to be tons of fun to play. Metro Exodus and Rage 2 within a few months of one another is pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to this one.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
That controller aiming and that low FOV. Yuck. On top of that it's a first person shooter in 30fps. Definitely buying on PC but maybe not day one.

Oct 27, 2017
I am already bored by watching it.

Someone, please tell me where is the fun in this game? We had these shooters for the entirety of last gen: shoot grunts to advance to shoot more grunts, eventually, there is a big grunt at the end of the level...

Only a modern military shooter from last gen could have more generic enemies/levels/weapons.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Yeah, I'm actually less interested in this after watching that video.

Someone, please tell me where is the fun in this game? We had these shooters for the entirety of last gen: shoot grunts to advance to shoot more grunts, eventually, there is a big grunt at the end of the level...

Only a modern military shooter from last gen could have more generic enemies/levels/weapons.

I feel like this must be how people that don't like Character Action games feel when they see DMC gameplay, because I'm right there with you guys. It looks fine, it looks smooth, etc, but I just cannot find myself interested in anything that's happening on the screen.

I think I just really only like FPSs if there's some kind of XP system. Gunplay on its own seems to do absolutely nothing for me.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's Avalanche who's the lead on the project and Id Software is basically collaborating with them on it. Is Id Software making sure the game is creatively what they want? Absolutely but it's Avalanche who's actually developing the game. Forgot his name but the guy who works at Id says so in that rapid fire questions video with Game Informer.

Either way, game is going to be great. The open world and car combat of Avalanche Studios combined with the FPS gameplay and mechanics of Id Software. Win win.

Feb 8, 2018

It looked too easy in this playtrough which could be one of the reasons you find it boring. The lvl design and core gameplay looks good to me. A huge Cyberpunk esque city filled with pedestrians and traffic in between the wastelands would've been a nice addition. Can't have everything.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fun, if a little uninspired. Gunplay looks solid and we know Avalanche can do car handling and vehicle combat well enough (Mad Max).

I like the first Rage a lot despite the flaws. If they can make the world feel a little bigger and pepper the wasteland with lots of interesting little bits and bobs to find (Mad Max) then it should all be good.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This starting part was also on a Bethesda France stream as well, and is PC footage on a m/kb. Some french commentary by the presenters but nowhere near as annoying.

I would recommend this video being inserted into the OP. Much better video quality and gameplay quality as well.

I'm a bit concerned about the AI here, since it was one of the strongest points in the first game. They were very often very mobile, smartly using the environment to keep the player on their toes, and even when they weren't, they at least had keen awareness of the environment and didn't just stand around like they do here. Hit reactions were better as well.

Perhaps things will make more sense once we actually get our hands on the game, or maybe different enemy factions will behave differently, but it's one of my concerns with this game aside from the tonal shift. Still, looking good for the most part.