• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Regina's Dino Crisis Costume be in RE3make?

• Yes, I believe

Votes: 138 54.8%
  • No, it's dead Jaw

Votes: 114 45.2%

• Total voters

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
In the original release of RE3, Regina's outfit from Dino Crisis was an unlock-able costume. Back during that time, there was a lot of cross-promotion between the two titles (RE3 had the costume along with a demo for DC, while DC had a demo for RE3). While i'm not expecting a demo for a surprise Dino Crisis remake (Though I sure wouldn't mind), the inclusion of Regina's outfit in Resident Evil 3 Remake would be a nice gesture as a nod to to the original and DC itself.

Obviously I expect it to come back, but I do think much like RE2 it'll be tied to buying the Deluxe Edition. Which is a small price to pay.
untitled18nj9c.png
j4jkk.jpg
seamless_fwlk6l.jpg

Worst comes to worst, someone is likely to mod it in at least. We already got a Regina Mod for Claire that came out very good.
CH9xLBLExb5qvxkWbN8uMJ.jpg

So what do you think? Will the costume come back and Dino Crisis finally gets recognition in a AAA title after 20 years or will the series remain in the shadows at Dev 1?
I'll do a giveaway if the costume is included, so there is that as well

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I personally don't think it will happen. Doing it could imply that a new DC is in the works and I sadly don't think that's the case. I want to believe though.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Honestly I have my doubts. Even if by some miracle they planned new Dino Crisis, they would probably want to save RE Engine DC design for the actual game.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Well now it's going to make me feel extra concerned for DC's future if it's not in. So yes.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Nah, it's dead. Making outfits is harder on RE-Engine, since they need to actually make it IRL, so I don't think they'll bother making a outfit from a dead franchise.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I think so yes.
Not only it's in the original game so it makes sense to bring it back, but I also think that they plan to revive Dino Crisis so it would be a little tease (after Onimusha though)

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Didn't RE3 have a crazy amount of bonus costumes? I'm willing to bet the Dino Crisis costume didn't make it in. But modders will make it anyway.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If SF5 is any proof then there's no limit to what Capcom can reference in their games.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Didn't RE3 have a crazy amount of bonus costumes? I'm willing to bet the Dino Crisis costume didn't make it in. But modders will make it anyway.
latest

I imagine Classic RE3 and Stars Jill are the most likely to see costumes and from there it depends on how many we actually get.
If Carlos stays how he was in RE3, he'll probably only see one alternate costume.

Via_Purifico

Oct 25, 2017
I barely expect half the costumes in the OG version to make it in let alone the Regina outfit. (As much as I'd like to see it too)

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jill STARS uniform and the classic RE outfit will make the cut no doubt about it. Other costumes will be brand new if REmake 2 is to follow.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
A reminder that Capcom's workflow includes creating the outfits irl and then scanning the models in them, which is hella expensive, game probably won't have as many costumes as the original.

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
RE2make only had one extra costume each for Leon and Claire, didn't it? The classic costumes. Not counting the dlc of course. I'm expecting pretty much the same for R3make. Although I hope we get some creative dlc costumes.

Oct 27, 2017
Make sure to toss it out on Twitter when the game is revealed, Jawmuncher . Chances are, the new producers might have overlooked that detail. I'm sure it's not too late to add it in.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Dino Crisis will come back, but there won't be a Regina costume in RE3make. So neither option.

RE2make only had one extra costume each for Leon and Claire, didn't it? The classic costumes. Not counting the dlc of course. I'm expecting pretty much the same for R3make. Although I hope we get some creative dlc costumes.

Correct. They didn't even bother bringing back the bonus costumes in the original you unlock with the special key you get from Brad.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The scanning is a good point, but on the other hand that didn't stop us from get a Elza costume.

I honestly have more of a fear that we'd get the costume but no red wig.