• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Svensson, meanwhile, will take on the role of head of global portfolio. This change is now reflected in his Twitter bio and on LinkedIn, though he has yet to issue a statement on the new position. His former roles include senior VP at Capcom from 2005 to 2013, where he was responsible for Capcom's North and South American consumer software businesses. Following that, he was COO at publisher Six Foot and in charge of games business development.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Wasn't he the one who pushed for PC ports for capcom games at a time when they didn't give a shit about PC? If true then It'd be interesting to see his train of thought when it comes to Sony's strategy for allowing PC ports.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Global portfolio is a pretty big position, right? What did this guy do that was so great for Capcom from 2005-2013? Because I wasn't a huge fan of most their games like Lost Planet, Asura's wrath, Bionic Commando, DmC, etc.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in another thread they got someone very capable in their team. I still haven't forgotten about your LP2 leaderboard reset you pronised and never fulfilled though :P (pretty sure it was you right??? hehe)

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
I didn't particularly care for his severe bending of truth while running PR for Capcom and I think the whole "test game" rhetoric began on his watch, so I hope he has changed tacts a lot or it simply won't be necessary at Sony compared to whatever Inafune and co were chucking at him back in that era.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
It's always Interesting seeing Sony changes people around when there's a new Gen. I don't know much about the guy so I'm not sure If he's a good pick or not

john2gr

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I remember Svensson when he was doing his best to convince Capcom to put more effort on its awful - at that time - PC games/ports. Best of luck to him.