• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Pfizer equivalent of this thread?

If not...if its okay I'll post my experience with Pfizer here.

My first shot was okay - I had aching on the injection site for the first day which extended to my arm in the first 24 hours.

After that, it was okay.

Right now, I took my 2nd shot yesterday morning - again like the first one, ache on my arm but other than that no other symptoms.

My wife on the other hand had a fever, fatigue, aching on the arm earlier in the day (we both took our shots at the same time) - she's doing okay now.
makes me feel good that other people had no symptoms. I was worried i didn't get immunity

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Only really had the typical pain in the arm. Although on the second dose it hurt when turning my head far, but I'm not sure if it was the vaccine or the fact that I was tired and fell asleep on the desk in an awkward position. When it stopped, the pain in the arm returned for a bit, so maybe it was. But nothing extreme like some people describe.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really only felt tired. Like the day after I felt really sleepy and kinda run down. Then 24hrs later I was kinda back to normal.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
First shot was slight sore arm and Second made me kind of tired. My wife got hit harder by the second but still nothing worse than we gets from the flu shot.

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a day since I got my second shot and I've been dealing with a bad headache and body aches. My body just feels heavy and fatigued. Nothing too debilitating, but certainly not fun either.

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
2nd has wen brutal for me and my partner. She has been having flu like symptoms for a day, and I have generally just felt like Shi.

I think we are both in the upswing, though.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
1st Moderna shot - couldn't move my left arm much from the pain. was good after a full 24 hours
2nd - destroyed me. I felt a whole range of sickness. like nausea, headache, no energy, the worst flu I've ever hard. Wanted to sleep it off but I couldn't. The headache was severe and if I did go to sleep it was only like 2-3 hours. Got the shot around noon Tuesday two weeks ago. Didn't feel like I was recovering until Thursday evening. What a terrible two days.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
Both shots of Pfizer affected me the same, which is to say very mildly. I slept a lot the day I got them and had a sore arm for a couple days. I had more issues with my flu shot honestly. My dad got moderna and seems to have had a much worse time of it overall, especially the second dose. He said the next day was miserable but it got better pretty soon after.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
makes me feel good that other people had no symptoms. I was worried i didn't get immunity

I think the fact that we didnt get symptoms is due to how well our body immunity is.

Its different for people, depends on age, gender, race, per-existing conditions/health quality and genes.

Other than the sore arm in the first 24 hours, I'm pretty much back to normal - been working out and havent had any issues.

My wife had full fever, body aches and was sleeping throughout the day in her first 24 hours - back to normal since yesterday.

My mother when she had the moderna shot had fever, chills, body aches and headache from both her first and second shot.

Oct 30, 2017
I've only skimmed through this thread.

Anyone get messed up by both shots?
First shot gave me a fever, chills, muscle ache, etc.

I get the next shot in about a week. I'm not super eager to get sick again.

Edit: Looks like the poster's mom above me experienced sickness from both.

Oct 28, 2017
So I had my first shot on Friday. Went to bed Friday with a sore arm and slight fatigue. Woke up Saturday with muscle and joint aches. Followed by a fever of 102.5, a massive headache, chills and a slight shortness of breath. This lasted all day until about 3:00 Am this morning where I finally broke the fever and sweated it out. I still feel lethargic but the worst seems to be over. if I didn't know better, I would have said I got Covid again.

I'm not looking forward to the second shot if that was my reaction to the first.

chanceboudreaux

alt account
Banned
May 10, 2021
Second shot destroyed me this night (about 12 hours after getting it). Took some pain medicine and tried to get back to sleep (didn't work out).

Feel much better however, even managed to work the whole day (from home ofc). I think I'll feel much better tomorrow. Right now my muscles are sore and I feel extremely tired.

Wasn't that bad!

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Had mi first shot of moderna this Monday very late on the day.
First day (really first hours) I didn't feel anything other than the prick. And maybe a headache, but I don't really know.
Second day it swelled and hurt quite a bit. Same headache.
Third day it subsided but it still hurt a bit.
And today I don't really feel anything if I don't touch it.

Laranja

Oct 31, 2017
London
In my case (also Moderna)

1st shot. Absolutely nothing bar the irritation where they inject for a day. Didn't even feel any sniffles or headaches.
2nd shot. Fucking WRECKED me. Had 102.8 fever almost an entire 24 hour period, and went up and down for the next day. Fully recovered all my strength and got rid of the headache and general lethargy after approx ~72 hours.

Same for me.

Interesting how it differs so much from person to person, reading the replies to this thread.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
1st shot just gave me a sore and sensitive arm. Made sleeping quite uncomfortable. The soreness went on for 2 days.

2nd shot same story with the arm, but later on the day got a slight headache as well. Nothing very serious or something that'd ruin the day, y'know. Figured that'd be it. But after going to bed I woke up at midnight with a racing heart and a way worse headache. Wasn't able to sleep again until a few minutes before my alarm clock. Figured I'd get to work and see how well I'd fare (working from home) - told colleagues I'd be at 20% productivity and may stop at any moment. My body felt like absolute crap. Not fever-ish, but still very tired with a massive headache. The lack of sleep probably worsened my situation.

But after 4~5 hours, somewhere early in the afternoon, most of it went away with just the slight headache and a sore arm left. With some drinking and eating I regained most of my energy as well.

As they say: not great not terrible :P

Tattarus

Mar 16, 2018
Italy
I finally got my 1st shot last Saturday, no side effects except sore arm for a couple days.
My brother got headache, felt tired and had a sore arm from Saturday afternoon till yesterday.
2nd shot is scheduled for the 28th

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
SO and friends/colleagues had heavy reactions to second moderna shots (heavy fever, no energy etc) .
Me and others I know had almost no reaction with both Biontec/Pfizer shots, beside little stiff arm for one day.

Oct 30, 2017
first moderna shot was just a mildly sore arm, second one gave me feverish chills but nothing i couldn't sleep off. pretty much knocked my wife out for a day or two though

Cheeky

Oct 30, 2017
First shot: couldn't move my arm due to quite severe pain if I tried. Felt almost like a broken shoulder, but I guess it was just the Deltoid muscle completely fucked up from being the injection site. No other side-effects. No tiredness, headache or flu-like symptoms etc.
Back to normal after about 2 days.

Second shot (12 weeks later): 100% the same.

Have never (knowingly?) had COVID.

Last edited:

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
No actual side effects after both shots except for a swollen lymph node in the armpit and associated pain with certain movements each time. Took over 2 weeks for the lymph node to become smaller again after every shot

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
First shot had nothing but just the slightly sore arm. Second shot made me tired and feverish for a few days.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
First Moderna shot, arm hurt like a mofo for three days, was super tired on the second day.
Second Moderna shot, arm hurt somewhat for three days, was a bit tired on the second day.

But I've had corona a few months before the first shot, so what somebody said on the first day was correct for me, that the first hits harder than the second if you've had it.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
So they gave me the second dose Monday, I'm pretty much fucked.
39.5c (103f) fever, everything hurts specially my head, my stomach is badly behaving, etc.
Been surviving on Tylenol.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
First Pfizer shot gave me a bad headache and a sore arm. Two days later now and I'm feeling mostly normal again :P

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
My first Moderna shot was HELL. Super high fevers for three days, pain in the entire body, the arm pretty much immobilized.
The second one was... somewhat better. Still a lot of fever, but less pain in general, and went away faster.

A third one might kill me lol

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.bloomberg.com

Moderna Makes Twice as Many Antibodies as Pfizer, Study Says

Moderna Inc.’s Covid vaccine generated more than double the antibodies of a similar shot made by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE in research that compared immune responses evoked by the two inoculations.

I think I chimed in on his thread already but having trouble remembering. I got it in April, first shot was a little tired, not bad. Second shot I golfed three days in a row and walked the course each day. So by the last day I was completely exhausted. Can't say how much was the golf and how much was the shot. Either way nothing too bad. I just slept like a log.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
1st shot was no issue at all besides some soreness in the arm I got the dose. When I got the second one I felt pretty fine all day until I went to bed. It was like the body knew I was going to sleep lol. Fever chills and pain in my joints. I was so delirious I wasn't even sure I was awake. Was a bit shaky the day after as well but nothing a bit of paracetamol couldn't fix.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
First shot for me was light arm pain. Second one, I had arm pain, then the next day I had very high temperature and I was tired but it did not feel like a normal fever. I was not sweating, I was not having cold moments or whatever. I was just… lethargic. The next day I went to work but I had so many meetings I had to tell then I wanted to go home because speaking so much was getting me tired. That same day at home a couple hours later I was feeling perfectly alright and it's been like that since. So basically a full day being at different levels of tiredness and the next day being ok until I got stuck in a bunch of meetings.

It was not as bad as some people have experienced, and definitely worth it since now I'm fully vaccinated.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First shot for me was light arm pain. Second one, I had arm pain, then the next day I had very high temperature and I was tired but it did not feel like a normal fever. I was not sweating, I was not having cold moments or whatever. I was just… lethargic. The next day I went to work but I had so many meetings I had to tell then I wanted to go home because speaking so much was getting me tired. That same day at home a couple hours later I was feeling perfectly alright and it's been like that since. So basically a full day being at different levels of tiredness and the next day being ok until I got stuck in a bunch of meetings.

It was not as bad as some people have experienced, and definitely worth it since now I'm fully vaccinated.

Somewhat similar in that I couldn't control my sweat levels at all. 40 hours after or so I felt fine so I went for a run, but the amount of sweat that I had produced at the end of the run was insane. Completely drenched myself in moderate temperature.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's been a while but both shots got me pretty good. The first one took longer to affect me, as I was okay for most of the next day until the late afternoon. The second one I could feel by the end of the night.

Basically just took the day off after and was back to normal. It was kinda like "oh, this is what being sick feels like, I forgot" since I didn't catch even a cold while working at a school due to masking. Normally some sort of awful chest infection that turns into bronchitis every year.