• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That was one of the worst nights of my life. The second Moderna dose really messed me up. The first dose was fine for the most part, I got some symptoms, but I took a nap and it was gone.

Yesterday, I go my second Mordena and I haven't been in that much pain since I had a COVID. The body aches were so intense that I couldn't even fall asleep, so I just laid there in pain all night. One moment I was sweating and the next I was freezing. At one point I needed to get up and get some water, but I was too weak. I got to my fridge and just collapsed. Then I had the worst headache I ever had, it was more on the side of migraine level. Eventually I would fall asleep here and there. Now that I'm up most of it is gone now. Yesterday was just a blur of pain.

Edit: This isn't fear posting, I'm just sharing my experience. Please get your vaccine. Trust me you don't want COVID, I had it twice and the first time landed me in the ER. This is better than that.

Last edited:

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was one of the worst nights of my life. The second Moderna dose really messed me up. The first dose was fine for the most part, I got some symptoms, but I took a nap and it was gone.

Yesterday, I go my second Mordena and I haven't been in the much pain since I had a COVID. The body aches were so intense that I couldn't even fall asleep, so I just laid there in pain all night. One moment I was sweating and the next I was freezing. At one point I needed to get up and get some water, but I was too weak. I got to my fridge and just collapsed. Then I had the worst headache I ever had, it was more on the side of migraine level. Eventually I would fall asleep here and there. Now that I'm up most of it is gone now. Yesterday was just a blur of pain.
This is roughly how I'd describe my second Pfizer vaccine, as well.

JeffG

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta

Yesterday, I go my second Mordena and I haven't been in the much pain since I had a COVID. The body aches were so intense that I couldn't even fall asleep, so I just laid there in pain all night. One moment I was sweating and the next I was freezing. At one point I needed to get up and get some water, but I was too weak. I got to my fridge and just collapsed. Then I had the worst headache I ever had, it was more on the side of migraine level. Eventually I would fall asleep here and there. Now that I'm up most of it is gone now. Yesterday was just a blur of pain.
My wife is going through this today. (Both Morderna)

I am an AZ/Pfizer hybrid and I am fine. Go figure (I am not complaining...but the wifey sure is)

RunningMan

Oct 29, 2017
Shot one didn't bother me at all. 2nd shot wrecked me. Went to work and left after 4 hours with fever, chills, etc. Came home went to sleep and woke up feeling just fine.

Oct 25, 2017
2nd shot hit a little harder. 1st shot was tiredness for a day, and a sore shoulder for 2 days. 2nd was tiredness for two days, with a little bit of chill and fever (which ibuprofin cleared up quickly). and a sore shoulder for 3 days.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I have had first one astra (a solid reaction around medium, but nothing too bad, except for the blood thing) and really fear of second one moderna.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Had the Pfizer vaccine today, first shot. Feel nothing at all, except for a bit of soreness in the muscle where the needle went in but only when I press against it.

I did feel a bit lethargic earlier about 1-2 hours after the shit, but I suspect that was more due to hunger as I hadn't eaten much all day.

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
1st Moderna - sore arm for 3-4 days
2nd Moderna - 36 hours of hell, aching muscles, headache, no energy etc. Like a nasty flu.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017

from people I've talked to about what symptoms they've had I feel like a common thread is the worst symptoms occurred to individuals who had previously had COVID. Maybe it's just a coincidence

Vaccines (flu shots) normally knock me on my ass, so I was expecting the worst when I got my first and second doses but i was pleasantly surprised to only have mild symptoms with both doses. As far as I know I never had covid though.

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017

Well now I'm certainly not getting my second moderna shot. Once you have your shots here you have to wait for fifteen minutes as a precaution. Five minutes after my shot I began feeling dizzy and either passed out or had a seizure, the pharmacist said I was rigid for about a minute. When I came to I had urinated and my body was drenched in sweat.

Nov 27, 2017
California
It was pretty bad for me
Had two awful nights sleeping since I had the second vaccine in the evening so I guess you should take it in the morning so you only get one bad night of high fevers and uncomfortableness

Had a bad headache, sore arm and fever all day and drank a bottle of water every hour lol
Kinda bad in retrospect since I didn't eat much that day but I feel better now

Arm still has a random bruise from the shot though 👀🧐

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I took Monday and Tuesday off, but I'm calling off tomorrow. I feel "better", but I just ache everywhere and I have a massive headache still. Then I took my temp and it is over 100F.

If the the booster is like this. FML 🤢

Get your vaccine!

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well now I'm certainly not getting my second moderna shot. Once you have your shots here you have to wait for fifteen minutes as a precaution. Five minutes after my shot I began feeling dizzy and either passed out or had a seizure, the pharmacist said I was rigid for about a minute. When I came to I had urinated and my body was drenched in sweat.
Everyone has different results, if you read the thread instead of cherry picking single posts, you'll see that many of us had way worse symptoms on the first than the second - the general trend in the entire thread, (and anecdotally with everyone I know IRL) has been that EITHER one of the shots can be awful, but usually just one of them. Your other shot should be much milder.

Also, as much as that sucks, getting COVID would be far far worse.

VibrantStorm

May 11, 2021
Everyone has different results, if you read the thread instead of cherry picking single posts, you'll see that many of us had way worse symptoms on the first than the second - the general trend in the entire thread, (and anecdotally with everyone I know IRL) has been that EITHER one of the shots can be awful, but usually just one of them. Your other shot should be much milder.

Also, as much as that sucks, getting COVID would be far far worse.
if he has allergic reaction tot he shot, they wont allow him to take the second. I am glad he is doing ok.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Both moderna shots hit me pretty badly, but of the two, it was the first that laid me out for longer. Four days of fever, full-body tremors and chills, and overwhelming headache.

Second shot ruined my weekend but I was back to half capacity by Monday.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Huh, reading all these bad reactions is so weird after my experience with it. First shot barely did anything but make my arm a little sore. Second made me tired the next day and my arm had this awful itch in the muscle that wasn't quite pain but was still constant and super irritating. Then it was numb the next day. Then by day three it was like nothing had even happened.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I had a slightly sore arm for the remainder of the day for both shots. No severe reactions.

Oct 31, 2017
Mine seems atypical, because the first shot gave me a bit of a fever and it broke in just about an hour, but the second shot gave me maybe a little mild 99° fever and that was the max. I really thought it was going to wreck me considering that I had a fever come and break for the first shot, but nope.

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
My 2nd moderna went pretty well I think. Just had muscle soreness throughout my body for a day. Felt like I worked out extra hard and felt tired. I went to work then just slept all day after getting home.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, reading all these bad reactions is so weird after my experience with it. First shot barely did anything but make my arm a little sore. Second made me tired the next day and my arm had this awful itch in the muscle that wasn't quite pain but was still constant and super irritating. Then it was numb the next day. Then by day three it was like nothing had even happened.

Body chemistry is weird. There's no way of predicting how a given body will react to the vaccine until they get it. There are studies that think that having been previously infected with the virus could provoke stronger reactions when one is vaccinated, but I don't think they've been proven yet (if they ever will).

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TBH the headache I had after the second pfizer shot was the worst aspect. I'd love for that not to happen in future shots.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
2nd shot gave me fever and MASSIVE fucking headache. It wasn't fun but needed to be done.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
First shot just had me feeling tired with a sore arm the next day. Just had my second yesterday and I feel... nothing? Still a sore arm, but that's to be expected. Now I'm feeling kind of self-conscious about my immune system lol.

To be fair, the flu shot fucked me up back in September so maybe it's karma.

MoxManiac

Nov 17, 2017
Was expecting the worst but I had no side effects from either shot outside of a sore arm and slight tiredness after the second.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Everybody I know got fucked up by the second Moderna shot. My SO got fever/shivering and was out for 2 days. I'm getting the first one tomorrow...

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Moderna 1 did mess me up, but only for the next day.
Moderna 2 fucked me up hard. Was out for 3 days, awful headache and chills.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The 2nd shot was definitely more intense but I honestly got through it pretty well. I'm still a bit tired and I didn't get the best sleep, but I've had nights 10x worse. 😂

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
Had my 2nd shot yesterday. Bad aches , chills , and slight fever. Wasn't prepared for this considering how easy I had it for the first one!

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Had my 2nd a few days ago, the first night was pretty rough, whole body ached, headache, couldn't sleep for hours, sweating buckets. And the completely dead feeling arm of course

But after I woke up after that I felt fine

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Damn, reading this thread was actually kind of a shocking experience. I'd no idea it got so bad for so many people. Both shots went off without a hitch for me, no side effects or anything, just arm soreness for a day and then I was good.

I had already been exposed to and had COVID previously though, if that has anything to do with it.

TonyBaduy

Oct 11, 2020
Mexico
Oh, there is a topic about this, in my case, I slept through the 1st dose, I got it late one day, then I slept almost all day the next one, I guess it game me fatigue. I may have had a mild fever and body aches, but I was asleep so I didn't notice anything.

On my second dose I didn't sleep through the day, but that's because my sister and her friends, who also got it, dragged me around to do some shopping. I can say I was mostly fine, but I did get a very mild fever and body aches, nothing major though, it didn't last even a day though, as we all got better by night, but we were tired of walking around all day.

As for the injection itself, it wasn't nearly as painful as the tetanus shot, that thing is PAIN, I can't even rise my arm for like a week without feeling pain, but eh, it's better than tetanus so whatever lol.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Same experience as most here I guess. First was nothing, second I got Monday at 4pm and felt fine that night / next morning, but Tuesday night was a bit body / headachey and fluish, gone by Wednesday morning 💪

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Is there a Pfizer equivalent of this thread?

If not...if its okay I'll post my experience with Pfizer here.

My first shot was okay - I had aching on the injection site for the first day which extended to my arm in the first 24 hours.

After that, it was okay.

Right now, I took my 2nd shot yesterday morning - again like the first one, ache on my arm but other than that no other symptoms.

My wife on the other hand had a fever, fatigue, aching on the arm earlier in the day (we both took our shots at the same time) - she's doing okay now.

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be getting my 2nd dose later today so I'm curious how my body responds this time. 1st shot was a breeze. Just mild soreness in my arm for a few days and nothing more.

I'll report back later.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
First dose made me feel some intermittent fatigue off and on for a few days, second dose just made me feel like I was drunk and sleepy for like an hour or two day of (could've been psychosomatic), and then nada after that. Been smooth sailing ever since.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Similar experience here as well.
1st shot: felt nothing except for a sore arm for two or three days
2nd shot: felt like going through a flu on fast-forward roughly 8 hours after the injection: 2 hours of shivering followed by 2 hours of sweating followed by night of just feeling completely shit. Felt fine again (except tired due to not getting a wink of sleep) around the afternoon of the next day.

Weird thing is, I just got my booster vaccines this week for all the 'normal' stuff (tetanus, diphteria, polio, etc.), because they were overdue as well and I didn't feel anything. Literally *nothing*, not even a sore arm or slight headaches. Basically, the immune system is weird stuff.

navanman

Oct 27, 2017
Dublin
Got my 2nd Moderna yesterday evening.
This morning, arm is heavy and sore but I feel like shit so far. So tired and heavy headed

No real reaction to 1st dose bar stomach cramps.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had my second Moderna Shot yesterday:

1st Dose: Sore Shoulder. Pain was gone by 2nd day.
2nd Dose: My arm was tingly most of the night. Had trouble sleeping, my shoulder was still in pain and couldn't find a comfortable position. Put pack of Frozen vegetables on my shoulder for 2 hours, took 3 advil's and just woke up an hour ago. I'm in tip top shape now, shoulder barely hurts.

Happy I'm through it.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Second Moderna jab absolutely wrecked me, I've never felt as ill as that ever.
Only lasted a day though.
Had a dead sore arm both times.

I'd get a booster if it was recommended but man I wouldn't be looking forward to it.