• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
So? Doesnt change the fact that i payed money for it...

I think they're saying it's fine to be frustrated, but there's a point where griping is just griping, and you bought a pre-release game. There was nothing hidden or misleading about the reveal or launch. If you bought a digital version directly, you can refund it. Streams showing gameplay were live before the game was for sale. This is a topic on a patch that hasn't even posted in all regions. We're seeing solid 30 in outdoor environments, and generally 30 indoors, and generally 28-30 during the freefall segment (which had been the worst). Some patience will likely pay off. If it's not enjoyable yet, give it a few weeks.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just try to get a refund if you can and wait until the game is actually released in it's finished state. If these kind of incremental performance updates frustrate you, then I don't think early access games are for you as this is pretty much what you can expect throughout development.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
Okay super sick of seeing that Crowbar nonsense gif as everyone who has played the game knows that it is not nearly that bad. I just went and recorded this gif from my xbox one og...on an LCD with average input lag on game mode

I also recorded stuff in the beginning where the framerate is sub 20 but the input lag even there wasn't as bad as the crowbcat video

Also the only change I noticed so far is the frame rate stabilizes while you are using the parachute faster

uhhh... this input lag you just recorded is awful too

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The pc version is patched weekly. I can see the xbox version getting a patch weekly as well. They aren't going to let this die

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My friend and I have both experienced the game running better after the patch, particularly in the lobby and when parachuting. He has an S and I have an X.

GobHoblin

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping this at least gives a stable 30fps throughout... The "first pass" mention is to temper expectations, which is understandable since this seems to be an emergency rush patch

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
Really hoping this at least gives a stable 30fps throughout... The "first pass" mention is to temper expectations, which is understandable since this seems to be an emergency rush patch
not sure that I'd call it an emergency, as MS have made mention of weekly updates and wasn't it released last tuesday?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

It's not an emergency rush patch. It was stated last week by Aaron Greenburg they hope to have weekly updates.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
giphy.gif

Deleted member 34169

User requested account closure
Nov 23, 2017
For those of you crashing on the OG Xbox, try disabling the DVR. It helped me tremendously. I was crashing at least once every 2-3 games and I've probably played 10-15 since without crashing.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
Might as well accept the possibility that by the time this game is in good condition performance wise, it'll be on PS4 too.

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
Might as well accept the possibility that by the time this game is in good condition performance wise, it'll be on PS4 too.

Of course that's a possibility, as is the possibility that it never makes it to PS4, as is the possibility it never gets to a good condition, as is the possibility that they get it to a rock solid 60fps

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Or perhaps they are just making clear that this will receive ongoing performance improvements and we shouldn't by no means that if some performance issue isn't fixed by this patch it won't ever be.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There is also the possibility this will never release on PS4.
There is also the possibility this will release in the same bad state on PS4.
There is also the possibility this will release in a better state on PS4.

There are so many possibilities. Fact is: this game is not announced coming to PS4 at this point.

I don't understand these useless drive-by posts.

Hm. Alright. Input lag feels better though. But still not as good as every other shooter. Work to do. But they will get there. I'm surprised they have a patch already only one week after "game preview launch".

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about current user numbers. My impression is that the player-base is big, but after the 1 million count, we haven't been updated (and it seems like the match-start rubber-banding started shortly after that).

I have little to no doubt that it's due to the heavy server-side loads. I also think they hit 2,000,000 by the end of January--at the latest?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I wish someone would screencap the giant splash screen when you boot up the game where the only two sentences on screen are that the game is in preview and basically telling you flat out there will be bugs and perf issues, because it's fascinating how quickly everyone is willing to mash A to get past it and then hold everything wrong against the game.

I'm thankful for the patch and I hope their efforts remain (not necessarily this fast) consistent (once a month?)

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I wish someone would screencap the giant splash screen when you boot up the game where the only two sentences on screen are that the game is in preview and basically telling you flat out there will be bugs and perf issues, because it's fascinating how quickly everyone is willing to mash A to get past it and then hold everything wrong against the game.

I can try and do that when I get home.

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's expected. It's a preview lol. Did you expect no patches?

Yuuup, it's a preview and I've gone through multiple other previews. Of course I expect patches, this one is just a little flat lol. Everyone get's so defensive about this game, guess I should have included that I am really enjoying the game itself. That should defuse some of this tension lol

I don't get comments like that. Why so much sarcasm? Game has been out two weeks and we already have a performance update. What will satisfy you all on a game that isn't even final?

They're gonna keep updating the game. Of course its something and its something good. What kind of comment

Prepare for more. People like taking shots, even when they make no sense.

Damn, all you need to take a chill pill. So defensive for a comment that wasn't even taking a knock at the game. Guess we all need to tread lightly when talking about PUBG. Look at my comment history and you will see that I was in no way bashing this game, holy moly!

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yuuup, it's a preview and I've gone through multiple other previews. Of course I expect patches, this one is just a little flat lol. Everyone get's so defensive about this game, guess I should have included that I am really enjoying the game itself. That should defuse some of this tension lol
I think no one is "defensive". The majority just accepts and acknowledges that is is a game preview title for reasons.

The frame rate is bad. Frame pacing can be bad, too. Textures can be horrible. There are many bugs. There are crashes. Input lag is still kind of bad. I think no one here doubts that. The thing is: we knew that. They always said this is an early version. It's labeled as such. There is no irritating marketing about it. You get what you pay for. An unfinished version of a game.

SirVilhelm

Oct 27, 2017
There's been rubber banding for a solid week.

It is really hit or miss for me. There are some games I've played with zero rubber banding and others where it is pretty much constant. Seems more like a back-end server issue than a client issue.

I think no one is "defensive". The majority just accepts and acknowledges that is is a game preview title for reasons.

The frame rate is bad. Frame pacing can be bad, too. Textures can be horrible. There are many bugs. There are crashes. Input lag is still kind of bad. I think no one here doubts that. The thing is: we knew that. They always said this is an early version. It's labeled as such. There is no irritating marketing about it. You get what you pay for. An unfinished version of a game.

Yup, you're preaching to the choir here.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on a launch Xbox and haven't experienced any crashes at all. Even though general performance is rough, especially pregame and when parachuting in, I've only had one game with a major technical issue and that was the day after launch when I ran into a house right after landing and somehow got stuck in the geometry between a wall and door. All I could do is wiggle my character and eventually I suddenly died with a message indicating I fell to my death.

For those of you that are crashing all the time or have friends crashing all the time: Is it in squad games only? Is it usually vehicle related? Are your hard drives close to full? Internal or external? How's your internet connection?

I'm playing on a launch model Xbox, about 70 GB free on internal hard drive, solo games only, and consistently have 40 Mb/s internet speeds. Even using a vehicle in about half my matches I haven't had any crashes. I'm also in the MS preview program so I don't know if I currently have a slightly different build of the OS.

I don't doubt these crashes are happening for some and must be very frustrating for those having them. I'm just trying to move the discussion to somewhere more constructive than sniping between the "It crashes all the time" folks and "it never crashes" folks.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
It is really hit or miss for me. There are some games I've played with zero rubber banding and others where it is pretty much constant. Seems more like a back-end server issue than a client issue.

Same. I've noticed it way more the past few days. Last night was particularly atrocious, but I think that was my own internet as I ended up resetting my modem and it all worked much better.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
If some outlets like IGN are reviewing the game pre access, will there be a new review after the first patch or after every patch? What does the process entail?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
If some outlets like IGN are reviewing the game pre access, will there be a new review after the first patch or after every patch? What does the process entail?

Not sure. We're in a bit of uncharted territory here. IIRC, they haven't updated the Fortnite review in progress so...

Writing out "first pass" is definitely a way to temper expectations.

Agreed. However, I'd rather them undersell and overdeliver than the opposite.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The patch definitely improves the lobby and the jumping for me. Even the lag improved a lot, but it's still far from perfect.

The server issues I seem to be having seems more akin to the server taking its time to give me full tick rate updates from enemies I'm engaging. Like, I first see some one and start shooting at him. Then I have a small freeze, get teleported a bit, and if he shoots back it's like I received many shots at once. But after this phase the server keeps us both up to date and I have a chance to fight back, for instance, I get able to hit him when it moves, and I'm able to dodge some bullets.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The patch definitely improves the lobby and the jumping for me. Even the lag improved a lot, but it's still far from perfect.

The server issues I seem to be having seems more akin to the server taking its time to give me full tick rate updates from enemies I'm engaging. Like, I first see some one and start shooting at him. Then I have a small freeze, get teleported a bit, and if he shoots back it's like I received many shots at once. But after this phase the server keeps us both up to date and I have a chance to fight back, for instance, I get able to hit him when it moves, and I'm able to dodge some bullets.

I've noticed the server seems to handle player activity as "sectors," in the sense that if I'm in a building, and I notice a momentary lag hitch (even on like the third floor), it generally means someone is in the area who hadn't been before.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Damn, all you need to take a chill pill. So defensive for a comment that wasn't even taking a knock at the game. Guess we all need to tread lightly when talking about PUBG. Look at my comment history and you will see that I was in no way bashing this game, holy moly!
Sorry but I thought you was shitting on the update lol... lowkey getting tired hearing all that lol

Deleted member 10847

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game is not in an optimal state but is a ton of fun, would take this game over many perfectly optimized games out there any day.