• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I've only had one crash in my entire time playing (maybe 25 hours odd?)

Super excited for this patch. Hope everything feels just a bit smoother.

I've loved every moment I've had with the game so far, excited for it to be even better!!

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for DF to test with this patch and to test if disabled game DVR actually has an impact on performance.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CTRL+F "frame" - nothing in OP.

Hmmmm...

Also, that Crowbcat video with the input lag display? That's horrendous.

How about just reading the notes? They list performance improvements, which can include things like "frames" and latency.

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see them working on patched so soon after the preview went up. Next few days are busy, but looking forward to hearing impressions.

Edit: For those posters that simply state they don't have any crashes. That in it of itself is not helpful. What would be helpful is adding more info to that statement (i.e. Xbox One X here with an external hard drive. No crashes for me so far. Played for X hours or X amount of rounds).

Where there are different console versions available for this game and folks could be rolling with external hard drives, that info could be useful to understand why some might have a different experience.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
On the X the lobby is pretty much 30fps now, if nobody throws molotovs around, the game itself is also locked 30fps most of the time for me. Since they changed something from the server side 2 days ago, even better now after the patch.
Besides the still bad lag at the beginning of a match, it's smooth.

Oct 25, 2017

Hmmmm...

Has anyone tried replicating Crowbcat's input lag issue? I mean, the guy has a vested interest in making the results as outlandish as possible. He's staring at the sky when the video is taken, that's probably not a coincidence, he's probably in the lobby, where the framerate and performance is worst. Not saying input lag isn't an issue, but don't judge it based on Crowbcat.

Haven't we all learned yet that you aren't supposed to believe everything you see on the internet?

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I would say consider yourself lucky. Playing squads with 3 friends and at least one of us would have the game crash every single round. At least they have the ability to rejoin.

I also have not had a single crash after at least 20 hrs of play on the X1X

Since IGN felt the need to review a game in the preview program are they going to do the right thing and update the review after each patch? I doubt they will

Last edited:

Swanlee

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User was warned for this post: Trying to derail the topic by calling out other console users. User was warned for the same behaviour earlier this week and subsequently banned. Duration: 3 days.
Yeah, it is a shame that some comments are so out there that it is almost laughable. Game Preview and how it is described should of shocked no one when it came out. As I said, I have had like 3-4 Game Preview games and even with the issues PUBG has it is way better than some of the others when they launched. This game is going to continue to have scrutiny no matter what because of "reasons".

Because not on Sony console. Its pretty much that simple.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing, loving DAT MS pipeline.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

Hmmmm...

I've seen the video, but for me it's way lower than that. Perhaps it's the deadzone settings, but even without the patches I didn't had any out of the average input delay.

Small hiccups and sometimes even teleporting during shootings? Yeah, it's having fairly frequently for me, but controls are always responsive.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Keyboard functionality is disabled - Can you play the game with the keyboard at the moment?

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this improves the issue with crashing in duos or squads. It's highly erratic.

Has anyone tried replicating Crowbcat's input lag issue? I mean, the guy has a vested interest in making the results as outlandish as possible. He's staring at the sky when the video is taken, that's probably not a coincidence, he's probably in the lobby, where the framerate and performance is worst. Not saying input lag isn't an issue, but don't judge it based on Crowbcat.

Haven't we all learned yet that you aren't supposed to believe everything you see on the internet?

While I agree that his videos are purposely exaggerated, I'd bet he's looking at the sky so the game was running at the best frame rate possible. This way the lag could be measured with performance issues being less of an influence.

megathemiis

Oct 27, 2017
I think the game runs better on my X after the patch. The difference in the starting lobby, the airplane and while driving is especially noticeable.

There still is a lot of work that needs to be done, but this is a nice start.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
While I agree that his videos are purposely exaggerated, I'd bet he's looking at the sky so the game was running at the best frame rate possible. This way the lag could be measured with performance issues being less of an influence.

And in some ways most importantly considering his methodology, turning down the dead-zone setting on the controller. Out of curiosity, I did the line-of-sight comparison sitting in front of my game the other day, and the response was absolutely more immediate. I thought about actually making a video, complete with the explanation of dead-zone and how a different TV (or even different TV setting) could easily show an exagerrated delay. In addition, different sensitivity settings have different aim-acceleration as well. With my settings, a quick tap on the right stick results in (effectively) concurrent screen motion. Then I realized it's a Crowbcat video, and I don't need to react to it like a serious work of criticism.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not touching it until it's a stable 60 fps. And if it never hits that, I guess I'm never touching it.
I quit Destiny 2 over this and I can't ever see myself playing multiplayer shooters at 30 fps ever again.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping performance updates = framerate stabilization. I'm fine with dips as you're jumping out of the plane, but it can sometimes get rough while you're on the ground for no reason.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well that was quick.

Maybe they are reacting fast because of the backlash?

Anyway, good for the players.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
OG Xbone
20 hours
Game is on a 1tb seagate external
Game never crashed but the game got stuck in a loop a couple times trying to get back to lobby after team of 4 died

Xbox X
15 hours
Game is on internal
No crashes

Using Verizon fios gigbit

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping performance updates = framerate stabilization. I'm fine with dips as you're jumping out of the plane, but it can sometimes get rough while you're on the ground for no reason.

I didn't test it extensively (only about 10 or so minutes), but it seemed smoother all around for me on the X, with the most noticeable improvement being in that lobby/waiting area.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
At least it's getting patched quickly enough, hopefully they can get it to a decent state. Really think 60FPS is a must in this game.

Shuri

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that the hardware is aging, but having 3 different tiers of performance for a console is such a clusterf*ck. I own a gaming pc, and I've been playing PUBS since about last january, I switched to console to avoid cheaters, and now I gotta deal with the fact that my Xbox S is the middle ground when it comes to performances. It makes me feel inadequate, but damn if I'm gonna buy another console just for this.

The performances are playable on the Xbox S, but still I can't wait to get home to try the patch

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it is a shame that some comments are so out there that it is almost laughable. Game Preview and how it is described should of shocked no one when it came out. As I said, I have had like 3-4 Game Preview games and even with the issues PUBG has it is way better than some of the others when they launched. This game is going to continue to have scrutiny no matter what because of "reasons".
It's just as bad as the defenders excusing everything about it worst than most game previews especially when it was sold at retail. It should be called out regarding it. I'm glad to see they are getting patches out and hopefully will keep patching it regularly.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited it's seeing support already. It was never "unplayable" for me (as some people put it) but the performance definitely irks me. Even on One X.

I guess everything is subjective, but I consider this unplayable.

iJlcBsk.gif

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I guess everything is subjective, but I consider this unplayable.

iJlcBsk.gif

I don't think that's an accurate reflection of the state of the control inputs whatsoever. They are poor; they are not that poor. However, I have messed with sensitivities in game and on my controller, so I'm not exactly operating off of default, baseline stuff here.

That being said, this is by far the biggest issue facing the game in its current state, IMO.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Just played the the game wirh the new patch, it's so much better! Even on the plane the frames are more consistent, not perfect, but it's a lot better.

PS: Played on the Xbox One OG

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think that's an accurate reflection of the state of the control inputs whatsoever. They are poor; they are not that poor. However, I have messed with sensitivities in game and on my controller, so I'm not exactly operating off of default, baseline stuff here.

That being said, this is by far the biggest issue facing the game in its current state, IMO.
Wonder if this video is on default dead zones, or reduced, or even increased from the default?

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Absolutely no difference in performance.

I'm on the X and it's as bad as its ever been. Lag, below 30fps, etc.

Placebo effect on other people.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this update hit so soon is a great sign to be honest. PUBG needs a lot of work and it seems the devs know this, focusing on quick and easy fixes first, hopefully the big stuff will come soon.

From some of the reactions I've read, it seems like some halfheartedly expected Microsoft and BP to abandon this out of the gate.

No chance, the game is too huge for that. What you have been reading is fanboy nonsense.