• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The only new and original Strike is exclusive to PlayStation. These are advertised as new and seperate content, same as they are in the original game. However in the new DLC Warmind two of them are literally just the last two campaign levels, with the third and only original content one being exclusive to PlayStation.

As if it was already bad enough when one of the four campaign levels is just set in an old area of Earth, then the last two are also doubling as Strikes. They did this in Curse of Osiris as well but at least then they changed them up a bit, gave them different dialogue and had the excuse that it was a second run of the simulation. Even then they didn't literally use the final boss of the campaign as a Strike.

I can't stress enough that this is advertised as seperate content to the campaign, just as it is in the base Destiny 2 game. In addition this is in a $20USD expansion.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
The only new and original Strike is exclusive to PlayStation. These are advertised as new and seperate content, same as they are in the original game. However in the new DLC Warmind two of them are literally just the last two campaign levels, with the third and only original content one being exclusive to PlayStation.

Oh Activision lmao
Price of this expansion?

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
What? So the new content is just different missions in existing levels?

Oct 27, 2017
It's insane. The Destiny teams are massive as well.

We see devs with tiny teams and a fraction of the funding run laps around Bungie.

Edit: Not to mention the "new" weapons I've seen so far have all been reskins.

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
It was the same in Expansion I, so no surprise there. I played a bit yesterday, but the (space) magic is long gone. D2 did not manage to keep up the feels from D1. Sad.

Back to god of war it is then :)

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Sigh... I mean with Halo they had no problem, but Destiny seems like they are always lacking, and seems like Activision rushes them so they don't have the time to actually make content, they end up restarting or having a short time to make something and it backfires.

You would think Activision would learn their lesson and just give bungie the time needed to actually develop something, if that is indeed the issue (short-time to develop).

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it's the engine most likely a lack of resources. The majority of the team is probably on destiny 3 now.

The same thing was said with Destiny 2. Something is fundamentally broken with either bungie or Destiny as a game. There is no other reason why this game is updated at such a glacial pace and with minimal content.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation is the place to be.

Seriously: This is ridiculous. Can't they even come up with original content for their 20$ addons? I am glad I never cared for Destiny endgame/addons. I love Destiny 1+2 for their campaigns and a bit of PvP (Destiny 1 > Destiny 2). Playing that with friends is a blast for like 20 - 30 hours. But I never understood why people keep playing after that. It's a treadmill full of boredome.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Really annoyed with the re-used content in the game. The weapons are constantly just re-skinned aswell. How can a team so massive struggle to make original content?

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Nov 3, 2017
Wasn't there an
The same thing was said with Destiny 2. Something is fundamentally broken with either bungie or Destiny as a game. There is no other reason why this game is updated at such a glacial pace and with minimal content.
Wasn't there a previous interview/article where someone at Bungie said their content pipeline was a dog to work with? Looks like they only work on the engine and tool & content pipelines/workflows are an afterthought making it painful to add new content down the line.

Which is shocking to me if their whole business plan is based on adding content and episodes etc.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
you know what's the definition of insanity? *ramble ramble ramble*

i thought we've been through with this regarding destiny's 'DLCs' since 2015.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
This is almost exactly what happened with Destiny 1. And it's why I didn't buy any of the dlc after I played the base destiny 2. Writing was on the wall that they'd fuck it up

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
What is it about this game and engine that makes it so hard to make new original content?

Based on reporting from Jason, their engine and tools seem to be very unwieldy and slow in production, one reason being the (admittedly amazing looking) pre-baked lighting. Not sure if it is true, but it would certainly explain a lot of recurring troubles the game has. Also makes me feel pretty bad for the devs, who have to constantly deliver under difficult circumstances.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
They're really botching it with this game. Time and time again, it's just baffling.
I just don't understand why they don't know what people want for Destiny.

People hoped for an actual online open world shooter as that's how it was pitched from the start with Destiny 1.
The only thing that is going to get people back in is coming up with what was promised from the get go.

Not some sort of half-assed lobby shooter with piss poor content updates.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
On the other side what did people expect.

First they were reusing the same assets for mindless and uninteresting enemies for almost 4 years and now it evolved into everything else.

Destiny must be the franchise with the most wasted potential in terms of atmosphere, art and level design since it all looks so fucking boring while it should be the opposite.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Props to Sony for likely demanding original content for their exclusive DLC, Big Thumbs down to Activision for everything else

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
After hating Destiny 1, and coming close to giving Destiny 2 a chance, I'm so glad I didn't buy it.

From everything I#ve heard about the game, it will amaze me if anyone buys Destiny 3.

OP
OP
Railgun

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's just so sad that the only new and original strike is exclusive to PlayStation. What an insult to their fans.
Props to Sony for likely demanding original content for their exclusive DLC, Big Thumbs down to Activision for everything else
I imagine this was the case, which makes it even more dissapointing on Bungies part.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Warframe's gunplay is really bad and it's also more grindy than Destiny.
Define "really bad", the movement system is light years ahead of Destiny, there are more weapons, more characters, more story, pretty much more of everything, and it's free, has free monthly updates and free content additions.

Bungie should hang their head in shame.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
It is such a shame they are destroying this IP, i hear so many gamers being discouraged how they handle this game. I already had the expansion pass, and i had my fun. Am going to try warmind later this evening. I hope the state of the game is better then when i left it.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
It is such a shame they are destroying this IP, i hear so many gamers being discouraged how they handle this game. I already had the expansion pass, and i had my fun. Am going to try warmind later this evening. I hope the state of the game is better then when i left it.

It definitely is. The "Go Faster" update and Season 3 have a lot of good changes and additions. They just happen slower than people hope for (and are sued to from some other devs).

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Define "really bad", the movement system is light years ahead of Destiny, there are more weapons, more characters, more story, pretty much more of everything, and it's free, has free monthly updates and free content additions.

Yeah totally agree overall Warframe is a better game than Destiny.

Everyone should give Warframe at least a try. Its fantastic.

It felt like a huge downgrade when i jumped right into the Warmind DLC after playing Warframe.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

I actually considered buying Destiny 2 on the X1 the other day but decided to wait.

Glad I did, no chance I'm buying it now.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

It's not as fun to shoot stuff, nor does it feel as good, and the ai isn't interesting. I've tried to start Warframe a couple times, and I just can get past how bland the actual act of shooting feels.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not as fun to shoot stuff, nor does it feel as good, and the ai isn't interesting. I've tried to start Warframe a couple times, and I just can get past how bland the actual act of shooting feels.
We'll just have to disagree then, I think it's a fun as anything I've played, the AI though, yes, that's a valid complaint.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
When Destiny 2 was announced i hoped it wouldn't be another DLC situation like the first game had. The only expansion worth getting was Taken King and even that was the kind of size I'd want from both of the expansions included in the season pass. It's sad they're repeating the same mistakes as the first game. The vanilla game at least had more content than D1 had at launch.

Will the rumored big expansion for later this year include both the previous ones or do we have to get both the season pass and the ''big'' Taken King-like DLC? Has the game or season pass even had a sale on the Bnet client?

The franchise had such huge potential, shame what's going on.