• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
It is inexcusable and insane that a 100 billion dollar company could not in all this time hire or train people in anticipation of this transition, which has been known since the beginning of last year. I am working for a local branch of a global company here and let me tell you - if we had missed the deadline this far in, we would have had our asses handed to us a long time ago. Which is why most companies started preparing as early as last Summer.

Sony hasn't even done the minimum required of them by law, meaning they had to have prices listed in both euro and kuna (former currency) since early September and will have to have both listed until January 1st 2024. They've not even given an end date by which time they'll complete the current transition process.

Meaning for players?
  • Good thing: A free basic PS Plus has been given to everyone until the transition is complete;
  • Bad thing: Unless you already had funds on the wallet or can find a PS Store gift card (surprise, they're all sold out everywhere you look) - you can't buy anything digitally. Which is GREAT news if you own a digital only PS5.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
It is inexcusable and insane that a 100 billion dollar company could not in all this time hire or train people in anticipation of this transition, which has been known since the beginning of last year. I am working for a local branch of a global company here and let me tell you - if we had missed the deadline this far in, we would have had our asses handed to us a long time ago. Which is why most companies started preparing as early as last Summer.

Sony hasn't even done the minimum required of them by law, meaning they had to have prices listed in both euro and kuna (former currency) since early September and will have to have both listed until January 1st 2024. They've not even given an end date by which time they'll complete the current transition process.

Meaning for players?
  • Good thing: A free basic PS Plus has been given to everyone until the transition is complete;
  • Bad thing: Unless you already had funds on the wallet or can find a PS Store gift card (surprise, they're all sold out everywhere you look) - you can't buy anything digitally. Which is GREAT news if you own a digital only PS5.
I remember getting an email that I wouldn't be able to buy anything for a while on my Cro alt. They still didn't sort it lmao?

My main is a US acc anyway, but just lol, lmao at Sony.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Sony designs a good digital store (impossible challenge)

Reminds me of when they couldn't bothered to improve payment security protocols on their older consoles per new EU regulations so they decided you can only pay by adding funds via the website.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
All my recent purchases were from the US store because of this. Although in my experience I haven't seen psn gift cards being sold out.

Last edited:

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
MS normally, Steam was always in Euros.

At least we got (insider ring) gamepass now.

That said MS store is supported in Cro and switched normally.

Oops, I totally forgot about the MS store. But yeah, the PS store is a complete clusterfuck. At this rate, I'd be surprised if they managed to switch to euro before the year is over.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say I'm surprised but Sony have a absolute glacial pace of development when it comes to the PS Store. I'm going to guess the issue is displaying both currencies on the store listings that is causing the hold up, as it can't be that difficult for them to start selling in Euros. Is there actual legal consequence if they were to ride this out until the requirement to display both prices has passed given they aren't making sales right now.

Have any other countries changed currency since PSN launched? (to gauge how long this might actually take to fix).

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
This is the funniest thing on the planet. Has not a single Sony employee noticed that sales on the PS store have dropped to literally 0 in Croatia? Lmao

OP
OP
MidweekCoyote

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Is there actual legal consequence if they were to ride this out until the requirement to display both prices has passed given they aren't making sales right now.

There are fines, yes. I'm too tired to read through the law again now but I think it can go upwards of 13.000ā‚¬.

Have any other countries changed currency since PSN launched? (to gauge how long this might actually take to fix).

Lithuania was before us in 2015 and Latvia a year before them but sadly I don't know how their transition went. If there are ERA members from there, I'd also appreciate some insight.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Lithuania was before us in 2015 and Latvia a year before them but sadly I don't know how their transition went. If there are ERA members from there, I'd also appreciate some insight.

Unfortunately from a quick search it looks like PSN doesn't operate in either of those countries (the results are mostly about people making accounts in other EU countries or the UK/US).

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck are the leadership at sony doing over there?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Just got an email that the regular and digital versions are available to ship anytime now and remembered this thread, lmao.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
PSN is so fucking shit.. I just can't. Another reason why I stopped buying digital games on PSN.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Mentioned it a few times but we really need someone to make a variant of that 'man standing up from the desk and spreading his arms' gif for PSN.

If it's not PS5 upgrades not working properly game after game more than two years in or PS+ members not buying able to buy games because they've previously played them on a sub it's something else. Held together with duct tape I tell ya.

Leancarp900

Feb 13, 2023
Sony sucks at regional pricing in general.

They still don't have regional pricing in my country (Argentina) when Xbox, Steam and even Nintendo do.

Not only that but for a long time, until 2020 or so, games in the argentinean PS Store were inexplicably more expensive than in the US. A game at launch costed $72 U$D plus taxes.

sisn777

Jan 14, 2022
This issue still remains. It is almost April. Completely baffling situation.

To be fair, changing to another currency is far more complicated than it seems on the surface.

But this is a multi-billion, multi-national corporation. They were notified months in advance, if not for a whole year.

What they are actually doing now - showing prices only in the old currency - is actually illegal at this point. They should be reported and fined.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, had no idea Croatia fully adopted the Euro. Kind of glad I went a few years ago now and got to use the kuna.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I'm convinced there's like...one, maybe two people (at most) keeping PSN up and running.

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
I think you should be able to buy, it will be converted to ā‚¬ on payment according to this:

Croatia currency exchange

But it's still a joke Sony couldn't just convert prices at fixed rate and display them in Euro

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I think you should be able to buy, it will be converted to ā‚¬ on payment according to this:

Croatia currency exchange

But it's still a joke Sony couldn't just convert prices at fixed rate and display them in Euro
Read the thread this is the issue the users are having

You will not be able to make payments or top up your wallet directly on PlayStation Store using credit cards, debit cards, or other payment methods such as PayPal until our work is completed.

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
Read the thread this is the issue the users are having

You will not be able to make payments or top up your wallet directly on PlayStation Store using credit cards, debit cards, or other payment methods such as PayPal until our work is completed.
Oh damn, how is Sony so bad at this

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018

Meaning for players?

You think that's bad? Sony doesn't even support PSN in Serbia, even though they officially sell hardware here. Their official stance is - buy UK wallet vouchers. Not kidding.

Most companies don't really care about this region.

Dec 14, 2022
This is as much Sony's fault as it is the local law enforcement. They should sue Sony for not following the law. Do it right (which means really costly for Sony) and see the transition happen in no time.

sisn777

Jan 14, 2022
It is June. Still nothing. At this rate Sony will simply wait till January 2024 when the obligation for showing prices in both the old and new currency ends.

My understanding is that a whole black market has emerged from selling gift cards with high mark-up, since that is the only way to buy anything from the PlayStation Store.

And it is quite fascinating that by showing prices on the Store only in the old currency (Croatian kuna), the real life old currency now functions as a virtual currency which is bought by gift cards in Euro currency. Incredible.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is absolutely ridiculous. Does Croatia not have specific playstation staff and channels?

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Just got an email from Sony stating that they're (almost) done implementing the changes and that they'll start charging for PS+.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
lmao it's gonna be 8 months altogether, this deserves nothing but ridicule.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
LoL fuc**** WAT? šŸ˜‚

What are these people doing? How hard could this possibly be internally? Like what are the challenges here?

mpx

Apr 26, 2022
I think this deserve new thread because it is connected with our euro integration on PlayStation Store problem.

Did you know that Croatia is with Russia only country in Europe without End of Year Sale and other deals on PlayStation Store!

Original article on Croatian

Google translate article

No other local video gaming or mainstream news media report problems with our PlayStation Store for obvious reasons.

There was one PR interview, but there were no questions about problems. Here is on english via google translate.

Good thing is that one local tech portal is currently writing article about it.

mpx

Apr 26, 2022
We have euro, but now is problem that we do not have deals like in rest of Europe, and world :(

You see, PlayStation decided to not give us deals because from 1.1.2023. to now people who had short PlayStation Plus subscription were given free extension. Others like me who are with 1 year subs did not give anything. Only thing that we get is one month extension and that is it.

Iggy1404

Feb 12, 2020
As a Croat I'm beyond pissed off about this. After being 11 months late to integrate Euro into the Store, now promotions have been turned off completely and there is no ETA when they will return.

I realize we are a small market and lucky to have official support, but if they decided to support us, at least they could do it properly.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
This is really poor from PlayStation. It doesn't matter if Croatia is a small market, give them the promotions.

Slv

Oct 26, 2017
Latvia
Unfortunately from a quick search it looks like PSN doesn't operate in either of those countries (the results are mostly about people making accounts in other EU countries or the UK/US).
That is correct, have been on a UK/US duo account for deals(depending what the currency exchange was at the time) since PS 3. i am from Latvia, atleast on a UK account, unlike in the Xbox infrastructure i can buy something directly with my bank card, Microsoft does not allow that.