• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Two people were shot early Wednesday at heavily trafficked Astor Place in the East Village.

Cops said a man and a woman were shot at the square directly across the street from Cooper Union shortly after 8 a.m.

They were both in grave condition, police said.

Social media lit up with accounts of the incident. "West block of Cooper Union," wrote Evan Ross Kate. "Heard gunshots on the way to work. Two bodies strewn across the concrete taken to the hospital moments later."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...aves-people-grave-condition-article-1.3603682

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fuck? That's right there.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
My old apartment was right over there.
Yesterday, and now this?? NYC stay safe
There are a lot of shootings in the city. I believe 2016 year end there were 900+ shooting incidents reported. This is just getting publicity because of what happened yesterday (this is relatively close in proximity to where the other incident happened).

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My old apartment was right over there.

There are a lot of shootings in the city. I believe 2016 year end there were 900+ shooting incidents reported. This is just getting publicity because of what happened yesterday (this is relatively close in proximity to where the other incident happened).
It's because of how densely populated that area Is, especially at That time.

Not Asleep

Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of shootings in the city. I believe 2016 year end there were 900+ shooting incidents reported. This is just getting publicity because of what happened yesterday.

Yep, this. This is probably just normal, everyday gun violence. Though it's also pretty normal for it to get a little burst of media attention in a heavily traversed area like Astor Place and in front of a university.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, that certainly makes it a little more newsworthy. To me this is just normal NYC crime. It's a big city.
Location too. I've lived in the ev my entire life and can't think of one time I've see a shooting outside of the projects on D and C or in that proximity. In recent times anyway.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Location too. I've lived in the ev my entire life and can't think of one time I've see a shooting outside of the projects on D and C or in that proximity. In recent times anyway.
I saw a couple around Penn Station awhile back. Not really as nice of an area as the village obviously.

OP
OP
Invisible Cities
Oct 25, 2017
Posted because of the heightened sensitivity, and I also think it's uncommon for a shooting in that area during the morning commute.