• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Enjoy retirement, you defeated evil twice.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The man denied the Pats two extra rings and I'll always appreciates him for that. Godspeed, sir. o7

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hall of Fame QB!

Won me some nice change in 2008.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
As a NYG fan, I still dream about the whole helmet catch play.

Rest well soldier. You earned it

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Pats fans are the absolute worst now. Imagine if they got to 19-0.

Eli Manning did the world a service.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did he finish over .500? I lost track towards the end of the season

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Though some might argue that time proved him right, his refusal to go to San Diego if they drafted him was such a baby move

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been so sure that somebody was 5 years away from being the worst player ever elected to the hall of fame for their position. It's a no-brainer that he gets in, and it's also an easy vote that he's at the bottom of the QB pile in Canton. An amazing feat that nobody other than Eli Manning could possibly pull off.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"I didn't know he had any stake in the Patriots- oh. Oh :) "

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Eli the GOAT

Giants did him dirty this last season and he just took it like a champ, teaching and helping Daniel Jones trying to salvage this mess of a season

God speed.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also gotta say as someone who isn't even a Giants fan he delivered possibly the most exciting Super Bowl I've ever seen.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
He might squeeze first ballot hall of fame. He has the storyline for it, respect around the league and football media, and the era he played in will overrate quarterbacks.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ESPN is gonna be on the line with Peyton literally seconds after this announcement.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Peyton was my favorite Manning, but I'll be damned if I don't appreciate Eli and his taking down the Pats twice.

Thank you, Eli.

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
He might squeeze first ballot hall for fame. He has the storyline for it, respect around the league and football media, and the era he played in will overrate quarterbacks.

I think the exact opposite. The era he played in will hurt him bad. Most of his career overlapped with Peyton's, Brady's, Brees' and Rodgers', all of whom were decidedly better Quarterbacks. Then there's his own draft class that produced Roethlisberger (also better than Eli by pretty much any metric) and Rivers (better player, not as much success). Eli stands to fight an uphill battle to get in at all, if he gets inducted first ballott we might as well scrap the Hall of Fame.

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I mean it sucks that Randy Moss doesn't have ring, but defeating the Evil Empire twice and preventing a 19-0 season is more important.

Salute!

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I think the exact opposite. The era he played in will hurt him bad. Most of his career overlapped with Peyton's, Brady's, Brees' and Rodgers', all of whom were decidedly better Quarterbacks. Then there's his own draft class that produced Roethlisberger (also better than Eli by pretty much any metric) and Rivers (better player, not as much success). Eli stands to fight an uphill battle to get in at all, if he gets inducted first ballott we might as well scrap the Hall of Fame.

I might agree with you if any of these quarterbacks retired this season.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
He might squeeze first ballot hall of fame. He has the storyline for it, respect around the league and football media, and the era he played in will overrate quarterbacks.
Eli's ticket to the Hall of Fame was basically booked the moment he beat the Patriots the first time.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
says a lot about the rest of the leagues worth when beating the Patriots is the only thing you're remembered for in your career

We are bigger than football

Churrific

Oct 27, 2017
Unlike baseball, Superbowls and postseasons are weighted pretty heavily in NFL Hof credentials. His postseasons were beyond legendary. It won't be an uphill battle to get in; it might just be a minor scuffle if anything.