• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
This is from hour long gameplay they have been showing in different events since E3 2019, deep dive we got was supercut of it.

Oh okay!

just skimmed through these....potato quality aside, man there is no way this is making release date. yikes!!

idk...I am excited for this game but it just looks rough to me. Not cause of the potato quality, just the game itself. I hope I am wrong!

It is rough, but we're not supposed to be seeing this to be honest. It is "work-in-progress gameplay" and who knows how old this build is?

It's probably why they've shown us one lengthy video and small videos after it and kept the rest of it behind closed doors... But not potato cams!

Aug 15, 2019
Oh okay!

It is rough, but we're not supposed to be seeing this to be honest. Who knows how old this build is?

It's probably why they've shown us one lengthy video and small videos after it and kept the rest of it behind closed doors... But not potato cams!
yeah this is true, for sure. Just seems rough for being so close to release but really hoping there is no delay.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is the perfect example of why publishers choose to do demos behind closed doors. The amount of jumping to conclusion regarding the quality for something that has been taken utterly out of context is absurd.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
just skimmed through these....potato quality aside, man there is no way this is making release date. yikes!!
LOL yeah i just checked them out, looks quite rough for a WIP that is 6 months out.
idk...I am excited for this game but it just looks rough to me. Not cause of the potato quality, just the game itself. I hope I am wrong!
You are wrong lol

The 360p quality of this video is not indicative of how crisp and amazing it's going to look once it's in your hands - and this is the same gameplay demo they've been shopping around since June at E3; which means that they had it ready even before that.
This thread is the perfect example of why publishers choose to do demos behind closed doors. The amount of jumping to conclusion regarding the quality for something that has been taken utterly out of context is absurd.
Agreed.

I can see past the low-quality of the videos to the beauty of what it must look like in person.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that second video. They are doing all the right things with this game.

Should've just released the full 50 min demo

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
The second 12-minute video is incredible - even through the compressed, artifact-ridden footage I can see that the combat looks satisfying and the environmental destruction is amazing. The hit detection/reactions of the characters is very well done as well.

Also of note is the soundtrack, which sounds appropriately "Cyberpunk", with it's gritty, distorted synths and drum loops🤘🏻

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
games getting delayed is almost always a good thing though
Games getting delayed when they need the delay is good, but it's still disappointing. Few if any roll into delay announcement threads throwing cartwheels and shouting for joy. WOOOO LAST OF US 2 PUSHED BACK TO 2021 GANG. NEVER BEEN HAPPIER. Not exactly a joyous occasion.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind a Cyberpunk delay until Fall for next gen, even though i'm getting it on PC. CDprojekt are perfectionists so wouldn't hold my breath for April until it's gone "Gold".

That first clip gave me some Batman beyond vibes. Love how V rolls up, and talks with the gang members while he's still on his bike

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Really digging the interiors so far. Bad quality...but i didn't see anything that screams delay.

I'm not sure how anyone can make that judgement without knowing what build this is and what is left for cdpr to do. Just sounds like peeps want to say it for the hell of it.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Games getting delayed when they need the delay is good, but it's still disappointing. Few if any roll into delay announcement threads throwing cartwheels and shouting for joy. WOOOO LAST OF US 2 PUSHED BACK TO 2021 GANG. NEVER BEEN HAPPIER. Not exactly a joyous occasion.
I seriously don't think that Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be delayed. They've been working on this game for a long time - with early pre-production starting around 2011-2012.

I seriously doubt that they would have chosen April 16th, 2020 unless they were sure that they could hit it and I would imagine that they've had that date set around the studio for a while - even putting it in the E3 2018 gameplay video if you were clever enough to spot it.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That seems like an easy way to identify who recorded that. I'd imagine they know who sits where.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
How do they make those? Why put a camera into a potato?

Edit: well, seen it. Not really worth it.

No one will suspect anyone of filming anything when they have a potato.

This is the same gameplay they've been showing since E3.
Yeah, it is, I was just wondering if the build predates the E3 showing by maybe a couple of days or weeks or something. Perhaps I'm thinking to deeply on it, maybe it's a build that could be a bit more stable for press showing?

That first clip gave me some Batman beyond vibes. Love how V rolls up, and talks with the gang members while he's still on his bike

I thought that was pretty cool!

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't think that Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be delayed. They've been working on this game for a long time - with early pre-production starting around 2011-2012.

I seriously doubt that they would have chosen April 16th, 2020 unless they were sure that they could hit it and I would imagine that they've had that date set around the studio for a while - even putting it in the E3 2018 gameplay video if you were clever enough to spot it.
I'm betting they will delay it. I have zero reasons to think so...just a hunch.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Yeah, it is, I was just wondering if the build predates the E3 showing by maybe a couple of days or weeks or something. Perhaps I'm thinking to deeply on it, maybe it's a build that could be a bit more stable for press showing?

Hard to say. E3 2018 gameplay build apparently was locked just days before before E3 and even was patched on the fly during E3 according devs back then. This could have been similar deal with being locked just before E3 2019 took place, polish until the deadline.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This game will rock or suck. I have a feeling that it could go both ways

hoping for the first option ofc

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I mean, Cyberpunk 2077 is a promising game but this video just show a slow ass motorbike.

Let's wait for something more interesting.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Yes I reckon its a more stable build prepared for demo purposes so it probably predates several months before it debuted at E3. Maybe much longer because CDPR has been showing this demo on a dozen of conventions so it had to be polished enough for that.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Oh god. I tried watching but the quality is just so bad and distracting. I'll wait for more official gameplay.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the gunplay looked sick with the cybernetic zoom. Music sounds awesome too. First person bike riding is cool.

The bit with the stealth looked kinda boring though.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Really digging the interiors so far. Bad quality...but i didn't see anything that screams delay.

I'm not sure how anyone can make that judgement without knowing what build this is and what is left for cdpr to do. Just sounds like peeps want to say it for the hell of it.
Exactly - as well as people commenting on the graphical quality and suspecting a delay because of a leaked potato-quality 360p video😂😂😂
I'm betting they will delay it. I have zero reasons to think so...just a hunch.
I'm betting they won't delay it. I have several reasons to think so ;)
I mean, Cyberpunk 2077 is a promising game but this video just show a slow ass motorbike.

Let's wait for something more interesting.
Watch the second video.

Malovis

Oct 27, 2017
Seems good for a work of progress. I doubt they will get it to the vertical slice level but otherwise looks promising.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
It's not the most exciting gameplay snippet and it's recorded in a very, very bad quality but what does there look or scream "delay" exactly? Combat looks so far the best in a first-person RPG game (it's never going to look and feel like playing Doom and in the case of a RPG, it definitely shouldn't - well, maybe if the player has every combat+gun abilities max out), movement and animations in general looked totally fine, etc.. so again I ask the same question : what does in those videos scream delay?

No42.05W70.2

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Xcuse me but CDProjectRed did not intend for these gameplays to be seen. How could they have the audacity to record it UNAUTHORIZED. You should all be ashamed for clicking on these links!!!

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the most exciting gameplay snippet and it's recorded in a very, very bad quality but what does there look or scream "delay" exactly? Combat looks so far the best in a first-person RPG game (it's never going to look and feel like playing Doom and in the case of a RPG, it definitely shouldn't - well, maybe if the player has every combat+gun abilities max out), movement and animations in general looked totally fine, etc.. so again I ask the same question : what does in those videos scream delay?
I was never saying what's seen here is the reason for delay. I just don't think we are gonna see it in April. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.