• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksek

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
https://twitter.com/YourAnonCentral/status/1061984185949151232
1fVx6XX.png
What is wrong with those people ;/???

Oct 26, 2017
BBC just says that far right groups were among the 200k

Is "YourAnonCentral" via "HooligansTV" typically pretty accurate?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a better source than that. Led by the president and prime minister lol wtf

Btw holy shit that looks insane like they're all spontaneously combusting and turning the place into a literal hell

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
That's fucked up. I hope Europe is ready to defends its citizens right to be free from ethnic cleansing. Use tanks, guns, and planes if you have to.

Edit: original Twitter post is bad. The BBC mentioned that the president warned people not to bring offensive banners and signs.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Replies to that tweet make it seem like not that. But pretty cool footage and colour shift.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
How you gonna be a president or prime minister and take part in this?

Nationalist confirmed to be the worst.

EDIT: oh ok so not entirely as bad as OP reads

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Pretty sensational title. BBC's article reads:

"Huge crowds have been celebrating the centenary of Poland's independence, amid controversy over a decision to include far-right groups.

President Duda had said he wanted the march to be a proud and joyful celebration and warned that anyone carrying offensive banners or chanting the types of slogans heard at last year's event - such as "Pure Poland, white Poland" - would be dealt with by the police.

Sunday's events were said to have been peaceful and there were no reports of offensive banners or chanting."

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't know If I should feel sad or angry at the irony on display.

This world is going to shit and we have front row tickets for the shit show.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
There definitely were those people there. But that number definitely isn't accurate, as the fascists were a group among others.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
This is very misleading.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46172662

Huge crowds have been celebrating the centenary of Poland's independence, amid controversy over a decision to include far-right groups.

Nationalists were among more than 200,000 people taking part in a march in the capital, Warsaw, which was led by President Andrzej Duda.

Opposition parties boycotted the event.

President Duda had said he wanted the march to be a proud and joyful celebration and warned that anyone carrying offensive banners or chanting the types of slogans heard at last year's event - such as "Pure Poland, white Poland" - would be dealt with by the police.

You did a bad job here, OP.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure I read that the far right groups won a legal victory to be able to march there. So the government is complicit in this

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a better source than that. Led by the president and prime minister lol wtf

Btw holy shit that looks insane like they're all spontaneously combusting and turning the place into a literal hell

The government of Poland is led by religious nutjobs. I'm not going to automatically assume 200k is an accurate number but I work with Polish people almost every day. The whining from certain groups in the country about a white ethnostate is fucking absurd considering the demographics of the country as it is.

Deleted member 47559

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 7, 2018
So, from what I gather, the President and Prime Minister were actually leading a march celebrating the centenary of Poland's independence. 200k involves everyone who attended that march. Far right nationalist groups were allowed to participate in the march due to a court decision last week.

2 minutes of reading and suddenly it's not the end of the world.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
So, from what I gather, the President and Prime Minister were actually leading a march celebrating the centenary of Poland's independence. 200k involves everyone who attended that march. Far right nationalist groups were allowed to participate in the march due to a court decision last week.

2 minutes of reading and suddenly it's not the end of the world.

That seems about right.

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's an incredibly sensationalist title and inaccurate tweet. I don't support the far-right and/or nationalist movements of Poland, but the country does have an understandably conflicted history when it comes to nationalism. Having been deprived of an actual state for such a long period of time has made their national identity a very sensitive topic, and something they have suffered through to secure. Yes, there were probably some hateful people attending that rally, but to define the many by the few is gross.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

NYT:

No members of the opposition or leading public figures who are not close to the government attended the event, which the police said attracted 250,000 people, and which critics said was a surrendering of Independence Day to radical groups.

The procession — one of scores of events across Europe to mark the 100 years since the end of World War I — followed days of legal turmoil after the mayor of Warsaw banned the Independence March organized every year by far-right groups. Among them are the National Radical Camp, which human rights activists have for years said should be made illegal.

The march, which in previous years involved violent clashes with the police, made international headlines last year when demonstrators chanted, "Pure Poland, white Poland," and "Refugees, get out!" and a small group of hard-liners carried banners with the slogan "White Europe of brotherly nations."

The organizers challenged the mayor's ban, and a Warsaw court eventually sided with them, calling the decision "preventive censorship." Before that ruling was handed down, however, officials decided to hold a state procession in place of the Independence March, prompting more anger from nationalists.

The far-right groups and government eventually agreed to walk together in one procession divided into two parts — one for the officials, and one for the nationalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.