• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Previous threads

1995|1997|2002|2006|2009

Hey, all.

In celebration of gaming in general, I'm continuing a retrospective series looking at gaming year by year. This is as comprehensive a list as possible of games with at least decent reviews and notable games (even ones that were terrible), but games are likely to be missing, especially the further back in time I go. Try to bear with me if any of that happens.

Also, all games listed are by North American release dates, so there are likely to be at least a few games that released a year prior or a year after, say, in Europe. For example, GTA was released in Europe and Gran Turismo in Japan in 1997, even though the NA release dates are 1998. If you know there's a game which released in your region a certain year and that's the year you played it, by all means, talk about it!

This time, we're heading into 2015, a few years into the Wii U/PS4/XBO generation and years of the E3 of Dreams.

mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail

mail
mail

mail
mail
mail
mail
mail
mail

IPs introduced include:

Bloodborne, Dying Light, Evolve, Heroes of the Storm, Ori, Pillars of Eternity, Project CARS, Rocket League, Shovel Knight, Sid Meier's Starships, Splatoon, The Fall, The Order, Undertale, Until Dawn

Series with sequels/spin-offs include:

Animal Crossing, Assassin's Creed, Atelier, Batman: Arkham, Battlefield, Broken Age, Call of Duty, Cities, Dark Souls, Disgaea, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Quest, Fallout, Fat Princess, Geometry Wars, Guild Wars, Guitar Hero, Halo, Hotline Miami, Just Cause, Kirby, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Metal Gear Solid, Monster Hunter, Mortal Kombat, Saints Row, Starcraft II, Star Wars: Battlefront, Super Mario, Super Stardust, Tales, The Elder Scrolls, The Legend of Zelda, The Witcher, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Wolfenstein

Quite a bit of hype for Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, and Metal Gear Solid V, eh? Then again, a ton of games had plenty of hype going in, but I remember as far as single-player experiences went, there was quite a bit of anticipation for all three. Star Wars: Battlefront I remember being a game many friends were highly excited for, which was helped a ton by The Force Awakens.

I think 2015 was wonderful. Some of the big third party games ended up really delivering, many new IPs launched this year and ended up being really really good (Bloodborne and Until Dawn being two of my favorites), and you had quite the mix of more inexpensive indies that were great (Undertale) and indies that look more expensive and ended up delivering (Rocket League), and both were new IPs as well. It was definitely a huge step up from 2014, and I don't think this generation has looked back since.

2015 games

#IDARB (XBO)
Adventures of Pip (WiiU)
Affordable Space Adventures (WiiU)
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS)
Anno 2205 (PC)
Apotheon (PS4, PC)
Art Academy: Home Studio (WiiU)

mail

Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4, XBO, PC)
Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk (PSVita)
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (PS3)

mail

mail

Axiom Verge (PS4, PSVita, PC)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, XBO, PC)
Bastion (PS4)
Battlefield Hardline (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
Blackguards 2 (PC)

mail

Bloodborne (PS4)
Blood Bowl 2 (PC)
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4, XBO)

mail

mail

Broken Age Act 2 (PC)
Broken Age: The Complete Adventure (PS4, PSVita)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
Chariot (WiiU)
Child of Light (Vita)

mail

Cities: Skylines (PC)
Citizens of Earth (PS4, WiiU, PC, 3DS, PSVita)
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M (3DS)
Crypt of the NecroDancer (PC)
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (PC)
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition (PS4, XBO)
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4, XBO, PC)
Deathtrap (PC)
Destiny: The Taken King (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360)
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (PS4, XBO, PC)

mail

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (PS4)
Dishonored: Definitive Edition (PS4, XBO)
Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition (PS4, XBO, WiiU, PS3, 360, PC)
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4, XBO, PC_
DmC: Definitive Edition (PS4, XBO)
Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4, PS3, XBO, 360)
Dragon Fin Soup (PS4, PS3, PC, PSVita)
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (PS4)
Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (3DS)

mail

Dying Light (PS4, XBO, PC)
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (PS4, XBO, PS3, PC)
Dungeons 2 (PC)
Duke Nuke 3D: Megaton Edition (PS3, PSVita)
Elite: Dangerous (XBO)
Etrian Mystery Dungeon (3DS)

mail

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4)
Evolve (PS4, XBO, PC)

mail

Fallout 4 (PS4, XBO, PC)
Fat Princess Adventures (PS4)
FIFA 16 (PS4, XBO, PC)
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4, XBO, PC)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)
Football Manager 2016 (PC)

mail

Forza Motorsport 6 (XBO)
Freedom Planet (WiiU)
Galactic Civilizations III (PC)
Galak-Z: The Dimensional (PS4, PC)
Game of Thrones (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
Gauntlet: Slayer Edition (PS4)
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (XBO)
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (PSVita)
God of War III Remastered (PS4)
Grow Home (PC)
Grey Goo (PC)
Grand Theft Auto V (PC)

mail

Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4, PC, PSVita)
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns (PC)
Guitar Hero Live (PS4, XBO, WiiU, PS3, 360)

mail

Halo 5: Guardians (XBO)
Hand of Fate (PS4, XBO, PC)
Helldivers (PS4, PS3, PSVita)
Heroes of the Storm (PC)
Her Story (PC)
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4, PSVita, PC)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation (PSVita)
Journey (PS4)
Just Cause 3 (PS4, XBO, PC)
Kalimba (PC)
King's Quest: Chapter I - A Knight to Remember (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)

mail

mail

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (WiiU)
LEGO Dimensions (PS4, XBO, WiuU, PS3, 360)
Life is Strange (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
Lost Orbit (PS4)
Madden NFL 16 (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360)
Mad Max (PS4, XBO, PC)
Magicka 2 (PS4, PC)
Mario Party 10 (WiiU)
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (WiiU)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (WiiU, 3DS)
Massive Chalice (XBO, PC)
Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4, XBO, PC)

mail

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
Minecraft: Story Mode (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC, IOS, Droid)
Minutes (PS4, PSVita)
MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3, PSVita)

mail

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)
Mortal Kombat X (PS4, XBO, PC)
N++ (PS4)
NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
NBA Live 16 (PS4, XBO)
Need for Speed (PS4, XBO)
Neverwinter (XBO)
NHL 16 (PS4, XBO)
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence (PS4, PS3, PC)
Nova-111 (PS4, XBO, PS3, PC, PSVita)
OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood (PS4, PSVita, PC)
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (PSVita)
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (PSVita)

mail

Ori and the Blind Forest (XBO, PC)
Payday 2: Crimewave Edition (PS4, XBO)
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (PSVita)

mail

Pillars of Eternity (PC)
PlansetSide 2 (PS4)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 (PS4, PS3, PC)

mail

mail

Project CARS (PS4, XBO, PC)
Rare Replay (XBO)
Resident Evil HD Remaster (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Episode 1 - 4 (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC, PSVita)

mail

mail

Resogun Defenders (PS4)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (XBO, 360)
Rock Band 4 (PS4, XBO)

mail

Rocket League (PS4, PC)
Rogue Legacy (XBO)
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (PS4, XBO)
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell (PS3, 360, PC)
Satellite Reign (PC)
Screamride (XBO, 360)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (3DS)
Shovel Knight (PS4, XBO, PS3, PSVita)
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Rising Tide (PC)
Sid Meier's Starships (PC)
Skylanders SuperChargers (PS4, XBO, WiiU, PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS)
Soma (PS4, PC)

mail

mail

mail

Splatoon (Wii U)
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (PC)
Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4, XBO, PC)
State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (XBO)
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, XBO, PS3, PC, PSVita)
Steins;Gate (PS3, PSVita)
Story of Seasons (3DS)

mail

Super Mario Maker (WiiU)
Super Meat Boy (PS4, PSVita)
Super Stardust Ultra (PS4)
Super Time Force Ultra (PS4, PSVita)
Tales from the Borderlands (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
Tales of Zestiria (PS4, PS3, PC)

mail

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)
Tembo the Badass Elephant (PS4, XBO, PC)
Teslagrad (PS4)
The Awakened Fate: Ultimatum (PS3)
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (XBO, WiiU, New 3DS)
The Elder Scrolls Online (PS4, XBO)
The Escapists (PS4, XBO, PC)

mail

The Fall (PS4, XBO)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS)

mail

The Order: 1886 (PS4)
There Came an Echo (PC)
The Swindle (PS4, XBO, PS3, PSVita)
The Talos Principle (Deluxe Edition) (PS4)
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4)

VIwLuZq.png

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, XBO, PC)
Titan Souls (PS4, PC, PSVita)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4, XBO, PC)
Total War: Attila (PC)
Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4, PSVita)
Tower of Guns (PS4, XBO)
Transformers: Devastation (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

mail

Undertale (PC)
Unmechanical: Extended (PS4, XBO, PS3)

mail

Until Dawn (PS4)
Velocity 2X (XBO, PC)
Volume (PS4, PC, PSVita)
White Night (PS4, XBO, PC)

mail

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4, XBO, PC)
WWE 2K16 (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (N3DS)

mail

Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU)
Xeo Drifter (PS4, PSVita)
Year Walk (WiiU)
Yoshi's Woolly World (WiiU)
Zombi (PS4, XBO, PC)

Last edited:

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
felt like it was the year gen 8 really started. already kind of nostalgic for it, playing MGSV and Fallout 4 for hours and hours at a time, that sort thing of doesn't happen much with me these days

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Whew, what a year. I feel like each year lately is just trying to 1up the year before it. Regardless of how things ended, the lead up to MGSV was one of my most hyped things ever. Anyway, onto my list:
  • MGSV - The absolute best in MGS gameplay. The story, eh, the rest, amazing.
  • Axiom Verge - something I needed in my life and I didn't even know it.
  • Until Dawn - Campy good time best had with a friend or loved one
  • Bloodborne - Wasn't really feeling the "souls with guns" thing but damn, this turned out to be one of the greatest games ever.
  • Soma - Creepy, well told story. Played it a few times.
  • Shovel Knight - took a while to get into it but once I did I remembered my childhood and all was good in the world
  • Rocket League - can you believe they gave this shit away.
  • Life is Strange - actually didn't play this until last year but I'm glad I played it at all, really well told story
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection - you know
  • Journey - again
  • Resident Evil HD - What in the world was this? Good god they nailed it with this puppy.
I could keep going but I think you get the point. Great year, would do again.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
2015 gave me my favorite game of this gen, MGSV, and my third favorite one, Bloodborne. I also enjoyed Arkham Knight and Fallout 4 way more than most people. Not to mention Ori and Axiom Verge on the indie side. So it was certainly an amazing year, if not the best one this gen for me personally.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Putting 500+ hours in MGSV.

Yeah the gameplay is amazing, but the story is mess unfortunately...

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be a stickler and point out Shovel Knight was more a 2014 thing.

Otherwise, Bloodborne, Ori and Mario Maker were my faves of that year, every platform gets a killer exclusive!
Also Yoshi finally got another good game, a true miracle.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
2015 gave me Witcher 3,and it's the best game this generation to me. It's my top 5 games of all time

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like ages ago, but it was a great year, arguably the best this gen. I put a ton of time in Arkham Knight and Fallout 4. I didn't actually get MGSV until 2016, but it was an exceptional game that I played for many hours. I probably would've bought Tomb Raider that year if it wasn't exclusive, but looking back, I'm glad I was able to get the 20th Year Celebration edition since it was cheap, had all the DLC, and because the game wasn't as good as the first one.

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
It had Witcher 3 and Bloodborne, 2 GOTG and possibly GOAT games for me and I really liked Arkham Knight,MGSV and Assassin's Creed Syndicate, I would say it might be the best or the second best year this gen.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's the year things really started to kick up this generation for me.

I may not have enjoyed it as a whole package, but Metal Gear Solid V still took 65 hours of my life away, and I enjoyed the vast majority of it. I never finished the story, and that was one of the weakest aspects of it as a long-time MGS fan -- it didn't seem to add anything to the overall universe and it was told in such a scant and uninteresting manner past its opening sequence. But it was fun to play for about 55 of those 65 hours, so it's still an overwhelmingly net positive for me.

Bloodborne was simply sublime. Still my favorite Souls-esque game to date. Great atmosphere, the tweaks to the gameplay that made it more action-oriented and fast-paced were greatly appreciated, and it is visually distinctive to me.

Witcher 3 ended up being one of the most emotionally invested storylines ever, and I naturally got one of the better permutations of the ending that felt natural and left me bawling in joy. I had to space it out because I admittedly didn't enjoy gameplay a ton, but the story kept me driving forward, and the way the universe was handled compelled me to do a good number of sidequests too. It's also visually stunning, I feel -- Skellige Islands took my breath away. It's like a 7/10 gameplay wise but still 10/10 overall because of how much the characters, the story and world and lore and all that stuff carries it.

Street Fighter V - For me, Street Fighter and the general fighting game base of Capcom is a tentpole Capcom establishment. Street Fighter V launched in rough state, but by the end of the year, it was the game that made me kinda comfortable with hopping online to play multiplayer in fighting games -- I am one person that the "casual friendly" changes to the game's mechanics and systems actually helped create a strong passion for the game over time. In 2015, I admittedly think this game felt a bit more negative and controversial from my standpoint, and I can't remember the exact timeline of fixes at this point, but it was still a notable launch in hindsight -- I was way excited for its launch, a bit bummed about the launch state and performance of the game (bad load times and netcode/server issues), but I did stick it out because the core changes to the game to be a bit more casual friendly finally made it feel like I could play competitive Street Fighter viably online.

Rocket League would actually reinvigorate my love for multiplayer after a few years on the downswing. I hadn't touched anything multiplayer outside of MMOs and Street Fighter V for a few years.

Finally, Destiny: The Taken King. I actually ended up returning to my copy of Destiny after initially being disappointed during its 2014 launch in the late summer of 2015, when House of Wolves was still the newest content and Taken King was looming on the horizon. When Taken King came out, I had convinced a few of my best friends to play the game again, and we all had an extremely good time for a few months playing Taken King build of Destiny. I don't think Destiny's been as good as it was around the launch of Taken King, it was just sublime multiplayer coop times for me, and I even dabbled in PVP a bit and had a good time for the most part there, too. Between Rocket League and Destiny: Taken King in 2015, I started to care about multiplayer again after a years-long hiatus.

Momentum would just carry into 2016 and 2017 as far as I was concerned. Doom, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, and Final Fantasy XV were stand-out titles in 2016 for me, and 2017 had Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Breath of the Wild, and countless other unnamed games in 2015, 2016, 2017 from all production tiers that would culminate in me reaching highest-ever enthusiasm for the medium of videogames, and I still feel like it's been a steady stream of game releases ever since, continuing into our current year. I've barely had a time to feel bored as a fan of the medium in the last few years, and it definitely started in 2015 for me.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it will go down as one of my top years ever but it was good and I wasn't complaining. It felt like the PS4/XB1 finally kicked into gear. Witcher III and MGSV were both excellent (although too long). Story elements aside, I still quite enjoyed Fallout 4 as an open-world FPS.

I was happy to see Nintendo be successful with a big new IP with Splatoon (although I lost interest quicker than expected with it). Super Mario Maker would have been a dream game as a kid when I enjoyed level editors but I'm not into making levels anymore. Ori and the Blind Forest was impressive. Until Dawn wasn't anywhere near as good as the internet hyped it to be (being a story driven game, I should have known). I wish I liked Souls games as Bloodborne seemed awesome for fans of them.

Last edited:

ThouIsARobber

Oct 30, 2017
2015 is a weird, muddled year. Looking at that list, can't say I've played a whole lot of it, and what I have has left me mostly nonplussed (Thanks: Fallout 4, Evolve, Need for Speed). 13 and 14 had a lot of enjoyable games, even if they weren't always going super next gen power. Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Black Flag, Lococycle...the early gen had lots of fun games! 15? It felt like developers were wanting to move ahead, but had no idea where to go. And so we ended up with lots of oddball releases. "Remasters! Ya'll want that 18 months in, right?" "Fallout 4! You want voice acting and base building, right?" "Rock Band 4! You missed it after a couple of years, right?" MGS5 is amazing feeling, and Life is Strange is one of the best and most emotional games I've ever played. But, the year as a whole is just kind of this low valley compared to the one before and after it.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty lackluster year for me in gaming -- the only notable game that delivered was Undertale (and maybe Splatoon and Mario Maker).

The big AAA games were all underwhelming, as were most of the others.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a pretty good year. Dying light, witcher 3, MGS, pillars of eternity, arkham knight, cities skylines, and others were all enjoyable. Even bloodborne was enjoyable for a souls game. But the year also had the worst game of this gen in Fallout 4, which is a pretty big mark against it.

Overall though it's one of the better years from this gen.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
2015 is a weird, muddled year. Looking at that list, can't say I've played a whole lot of it, and what I have has left me mostly nonplussed (Thanks: Fallout 4, Evolve, Need for Speed). 13 and 14 had a lot of enjoyable games, even if they weren't always going super next gen power. Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Black Flag, Lococycle...the early gen had lots of fun games! 15? It felt like developers were wanting to move ahead, but had no idea where to go. And so we ended up with lots of oddball releases. "Remasters! Ya'll want that 18 months in, right?" "Fallout 4! You want voice acting and base building, right?" "Rock Band 4! You missed it after a couple of years, right?" MGS5 is amazing feeling, and Life is Strange is one of the best and most emotional games I've ever played. But, the year as a whole is just kind of this low valley compared to the one before and after it.

Though I disagree with your overall assessment, some of the remasters did seem kind of oddball. God of War III, for example, instead of a full saga collection, almost seemed like something to put there since their previous game was unfortunately cancelled.

It did feel like we were finally getting away from cross-gen releases. While MGSV is an exception (and it looked and played like butter on next-gen consoles despite being cross-gen), we were finally getting games that were made with next-gen in mind, from Witcher to Arkham Knight to Fallout 4 to Battlefront, to exclusive games like Bloodborne and Halo 5, as opposed to games like Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition. It did feel nice to start to shed last gen from this gen.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty dreadful year for Nintendo that was, outside of obviously Splatoon, Mario Maker and some other games like Xenoblade X and Yoshi.

Transformers Devastation was a lot of fun. Shame on you for not putting it on the list OP, lol.

Last edited:

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Batman: Arkham Knight was dope, and because I got it with my Nvidia card and the PC port was initially borked, I was able to get MGSV and The Witcher 3 for free too. The best realization of a playable Batman to date.

MGSV was both really close to being a perfect stealth action game and really far from it in some ways. It was great, and I wish it managed to keep that gameplay loop more solid.

Splatoon was wonderful, and Bloodborne was good, though I didn't play that all the way through until this year.

Undertale was super charming and after beating it, I understood how it gained such a following.

Axiom Verge was a fantastic Metroid-like game with some of the most cleverly hidden secrets in the genre.

Grow Home was one of my favorite short games ever, and has the best climbing in all of video games

The Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes was a great co-op adventure game. The fashion aspects and the player emotes elevated it to a greater level. Playing online when it came out was actually a lot of fun rather than being frustrating.

Last edited:

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne is the best single player game I've played this gen, though I didn't play it 'til 2016. Splatoon is my favorite multiplayer game this/last gen. Ori was fantastic, and Ori 2 is one of my most anticipated releases for next year.

Crypt of the Necrodancer and Persona 4 Dancing had great soundtracks. The former was a far better game to play, though.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate got 240 hours of play from me. Was a top-notch entry.

Rocket League truly came out of nowhere in my eyes, as it did to countless others. Bless whoever decided to PS+ it.

Mario Maker was cool for the first few hours but I sold it within a month due to the sucky stages that usually rised to the top.

Xenoblade X got too grindy for my liking, but the world was really well designed.

Steins;Gate wasn't played until 2016, but it remains a very special title.

The year was pretty great for me all things considered!

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disgaea 5 was my GOTY that year along with the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
I remember buying Steins Gate as well but not playing it until January of the following year. So that became my GOTY for 2016.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
The year I finally got a ps4, and while there were some strong stuff that year I'll always remember it for the trio of crushing disappointments: MGSV, Fallout 4, and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An uneventful year for me as the main series Pokémon game skipped a year, though Majora's Mask 3D was cool even if it would be the last Zelda game that I would enjoy from start to end.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Fantastic year for me. I took a chance on a game that introduced me to a genre I never thought I'd try (Bloodborne), found a game that all of my friends and significant others enjoyed together (Until Dawn), and PS plus delivered me a game that I still play on a weekly basis (Rocket League).

There's still plenty more that I have either played recently or remember fondly. Dying Light was way better than expected, and I was still playing that up to a few months ago. Arkham Knight was a fine ending to the Arkham saga and I still think it holds up. Hopefully it's not the last Batman game we get for a while.

I personally love Evolve, I even got the platinum for it. It's too bad how that game died due to mostly unforced errors.

Other games that I still hold dearly from that year:
-Shovel Knight
-Mad Max
-Fallout 4

I know Fallout 4 is kind of a downer on reflective topics but I still think it was fun to get lost in. And there's something about Mad Max's world that I just love. I loved the melee combat and the car combat equally. Shovel Knight speaks for itself, just an amazing 2D platformer.

2015 was way more hype than it gets credit for.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
Fantastic year for me. I took a chance on a game that introduced me to a genre I never thought I'd try (Bloodborne), found a game that all of my friends and significant others enjoyed together (Until Dawn), and PS plus delivered me a game that I still play on a weekly basis (Rocket League).

There's still plenty more that I have either played recently or remember fondly. Dying Light was way better than expected, and I was still playing that up to a few months ago. Arkham Knight was a fine ending to the Arkham saga and I still think it holds up. Hopefully it's not the last Batman game we get for a while.

I personally love Evolve, I even got the platinum for it. It's too bad how that game died due to mostly unforced errors.

Other games that I still hold dearly from that year:
-Shovel Knight
-Mad Max
-Fallout 4

I know Fallout 4 is kind of a downer on reflective topics but I still think it was fun to get lost in. And there's something about Mad Max's world that I just love. I loved the melee combat and the car combat equally. Shovel Knight speaks for itself, just an amazing 2D platformer.

2015 was way more hype than it gets credit for.

Even after 2016 and 2017, 2015 is up there. The top tier stuff was super top tier, and Bloodborne also introduced me to this genre others have been enjoying.

Sev

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty great year. It gave us Bloodborne, which is the greatest game of all time, as well as MGS5, MH4U, Ori, and Fallout 4, which were all great too.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In N++, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne, three 10/10 games were released. 2015 was a vintage year imho.

JarlRaven

Nov 8, 2017
Witcher III and Bloodborne was a NASTY 1-2 punch that highlighted a very solid year for gaming that saw the current gen consoles finally start to hit their stride.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Just a little game called Bloodborne. Nothing special, really.

Until Dawn was great as well

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2015 gave me my best game of the generation but as a whole, was worse than 2014. Even subtracting the three 6.0/6.5 games, the year still came up short compared to 2014 as a whole.

- Assassin's Creed Chronicles China (6.0/10)
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate (8.0/10)
- Batman: Arkham Knight (8.0/10)
- Battlefield: Hardline (6.5/10)
- Dying Light (8.0/10)
- Mad Max (9.0/10)
- Mortal Kombat X (8.5/10)
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 (6.5/10)
- The Order: 1886 (7.0/10)
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (9.5/10)
- Until Dawn (7.0/10)
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (8.0/10)

Overall, an 7.7/10. A very good but not great year for me. The Witcher III literally saved the year for me and it's still my best game this generation. Loved Mad Max. So much fun to play. Wish the story was longer and better but everything else was excellent. A few great games like Syndicate, Arkham Knight and Dying Light helped lessen the disappointments that were The Order and Until Dawn. The Old Blood was great for part 1 but I hated part 2. The three 6.0/6.5 games were games I should have completely skipped. Oh well.