• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Neutral Buyer Feedback for Shadownet (who doesn't have a reputation on the feedback list). I responded to https://www.resetera.com/posts/6681680/ and put in the order. The offer to pay me $60 in gift cards was dropped by $10. I politely pointed this out, said he would pay me the full $60 in gift cards but needed by end of day Friday night to get it to me. Haven't heard back from him since then despite the fact that he has logged in multiple times since. Don't have time for the run around and unprofessional lack of communication.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been a bit of time, but it's been bothering me that Noren left me with what I feel to be inappropriate negative feedback on a transaction that went awry (https://www.resetera.com/posts/5777946/).

I just want to circle back around to this with the ResetEra B/S/T community.

I checked the feedback thread guidelines and read this:

The community can decide to lessen the severity of feedback
All this means is that if feedback is left that is not appropriate, the community's opinion can influence the recording of that feedback. Let's say someone leaves Negative Seller feedback because an item arrived one day after what they were originally promised. If the general consensus from the community is that this feedback is overly harsh for what occurred, then the feedback could be downgraded to Neutral or even simply not recorded at all.

So with that said, I'd like for our community to chime in on this negative feedback to decide whether or not it was warranted. If our community decides it's fair feedback, I won't argue otherwise. I've already checked with Cloggerdude on this and he gave the go ahead to share this here.

So I'm just going to give a quick recap of what happened. You can feel free to cross reference this with Noren if you'd like. I've still never received a response from him in my many PM attempts.

On Saturday 3/17 I made a purchase from Noren of a $10 XBL code for $8.

I messaged him that I'd take his item for his asking price. He responded back with

Noren said:
awesome. Send amazon gift card to (e-mail address) and I'll send it soon after.

This is where I made a mistake. I didn't read the e-mail closely enough, and I sent payment via PayPal rather than Amazon GC. 1 minute later I got a response back with:

Noren said:
Damn, did you really just disregard my previous message?

I responded back with:

digitalrelic said:
Ah shit sorry. I've always used PayPal so I just assumed that was the payment method. I didn't read it closely.

I can't do Amazon GC. If PayPal doesn't work for you, feel free to refund me.

Thanks

This back-and-forth took all of about 15 minutes. Didn't hear anything back for the rest of Saturday. I followed up with a "Hello?" on Sunday morning. Got nothing back. I checked his profile and saw that he made several posts Sunday during the day, so I followed up with a message Sunday night saying:

digitalrelic said:
Are you ignoring me on this? I see you've been posting today. Please get back to me.

Thanks

Still no response from him.

On Monday March 19th, I made a post on the BST thread looking for input, as many here are aware of. (https://www.resetera.com/threads/bu...-new-rules-in-the-op.454/page-69#post-5746031)

After receiving some input from the community, I messaged him again saying:

digitalrelic said:
Just throwing you one last message on this. I understand that people have busy schedules, so I'm fine with waiting a bit. If I don't hear from you by the end of the day though I'm going to have to leave you negative feedback.

Thanks

I waited the rest of the day, saw that he was online on these forums and even made a few posts, but never got a response back. The next day I shared what happened on the BST thread and posted negative feedback in the feedback thread.

Here's where Noren finally chimed in, not via PM, but publicly on the BST thread, with this:

Damn kid. Your terrible reading comprehension should have been a big red flag for.

Refund was sent instantly after your fuck up. Shall I post proof to make you look stupid or can you figure it out on your own

Negative feedback has been left.

After reading this, I went and checked my PayPal, and indeed he did refund me. I originally checked my PayPal for a refund shortly after my first PM on Saturday 3/17, and didn't see anything. I never thought to check it again since he didn't take the 5 seconds to respond back that he refunded me, so I assumed that the refund was never sent. That was my mistake, for sure. I should've checked my PayPal again on Sunday and/or Monday just to confirm that he didn't refund me, but I honestly just didn't think of it. I've never had a person I'm trading with just offer absolutely zero communication of a refund, or shipping notification, or confirmation of payment received, etc.. etc.. so I assumed that the refund hadn't come in since my initial check.

Finally, after I found that he did indeed refund me, I requested that my negative feedback for him be rescinded, and sent him this final PM:

digitalrelic said:
Hey,

I checked my PayPal and I see that you refunded me. I originally checked after I messaged you the first time and I swear I didn't see anything, and I never got any notification in my Gmail that a refund had been sent. That mixed with the radio silence out of you is what led us here.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I definitely share fault here, but you aren't without fault either. Why would you not respond to my several messages over several days with a simple "I refunded you. Check your PayPal."? I made it clear as day that I didn't believe I'd received it and that I would really appreciate a response, but I heard nothing back. A simple response would've cleared all of this up instantly.

With all that said, I'm going to chalk this one up to one epic clusterfuck of a misunderstanding and I am requesting for your negative feedback to be rescinded. We've both accumulated great buyer and seller feedback over the years, so clearly we're both nornally easy to work with, experienced, honest traders. This one just went away.

Again, never heard anything back from him, and he of course chose not to rescind his negative feedback.

So that's the whole story. Thoughts/opinions?

I'm certainly not free of blame, and I would never argue otherwise. It was my fault that I sent PayPal instead of Amazon GC and it was ultimately my fault that I didn't continue to monitor my PayPal to see if a refund had come in. I'm not looking to throw anyone under the bus here, I just feel like this was an undeserved piece of negative feedback. I already tried reaching out to Noren privately but didn't hear anything back.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I know it's been a bit of time, but it's been bothering me that Noren left me with what I feel to be inappropriate negative feedback on a transaction that went awry (https://www.resetera.com/posts/5777946/).

So with that said, I'd like for our community to chime in on this negative feedback to decide whether or not it was warranted. If our community decides it's fair feedback, I won't argue otherwise. I've already checked with Cloggerdude on this and he gave the go ahead to share this here.

So I'm just going to give a quick recap of what happened. You can feel free to cross reference this with Noren if you'd like. I've still never received a response from him in my many PM attempts.

I messaged him that I'd take his item for his asking price. He responded back with

This is where I made a mistake. I didn't read the e-mail closely enough, and I sent payment via PayPal rather than Amazon GC. 1 minute later I got a response back with:

I responded back with:

This back-and-forth took all of about 15 minutes. Didn't hear anything back for the rest of Saturday. I followed up with a "Hello?" on Sunday morning. Got nothing back. I checked his profile and saw that he made several posts Sunday during the day, so I followed up with a message Sunday night saying:

On Monday March 19th, I made a post on the BST thread looking for input, as many here are aware of. (https://www.resetera.com/threads/bu...-new-rules-in-the-op.454/page-69#post-5746031)

I waited the rest of the day, saw that he was online on these forums and even made a few posts, but never got a response back. The next day I shared what happened on the BST thread and posted negative feedback in the feedback thread.

Here's where Noren finally chimed in, not via PM, but publicly on the BST thread, with this:

After reading this, I went and checked my PayPal, and indeed he did refund me. I originally checked my PayPal for a refund shortly after my first PM on Saturday 3/17, and didn't see anything. I never thought to check it again since he didn't take the 5 seconds to respond back that he refunded me, so I assumed that the refund was never sent. That was my mistake, for sure. I should've checked my PayPal again on Sunday and/or Monday just to confirm that he didn't refund me, but I honestly just didn't think of it. I've never had a person I'm trading with just offer absolutely zero communication of a refund, or shipping notification, or confirmation of payment received, etc.. etc.. so I assumed that the refund hadn't come in since my initial check.

Finally, after I found that he did indeed refund me, I requested that my negative feedback for him be rescinded, and sent him this final PM:

Again, never heard anything back from him, and he of course chose not to rescind his negative feedback.

I'm certainly not free of blame, and I would never argue otherwise. It was my fault that I sent PayPal instead of Amazon GC and it was ultimately my fault that I didn't continue to monitor my PayPal to see if a refund had come in. I'm not looking to throw anyone under the bus here, I just feel like this was an undeserved piece of negative feedback. I already tried reaching out to Noren privately but I didn't hear anything back.

Thanks for your time.

This all warrants neutral feedback as nothing of value was loss except for time. Had it been one person fulfilled their end of the bargain while the other did not, that's when I would vouch for negative.

With that said, thank you for bringing to light how this person conducts himself in private. It's bad enough he is regularly antagonistic in the thread but to stoop so low after failing to communicate is piss poor form.

Oct 30, 2017
Positive Seller feedback for Willenium

Bought a Game Gear from him and everything went smoothly! He sent great pics and I'd gladly work with him again

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Positive Seller feedback for OldSocksAndShoes

Excellent communication. Quick and easy transaction.

Oct 27, 2017
Positive Buy Feedback for TheGreenArrow

Positive Buyer Feedback for NoReN

Positive Buyer Feedback for Ryne

Positive Buyer Feedback for breakfuss

Positive Buyer Feedback for Chucker

Quick, easy transactions and cool avatars all around.

battousai

Oct 25, 2017
Negative Feedback for chronic_archaic.

PM'ed him this morning about his eshop code. He said it was available. I sent payment and he sent me the code after receiving payment. I told him that I would redeem the code after I got home from work.

A few hours later, I get a PM saying he refunded me because he gave the code to someone who inquired before me, but never responded/paid for the item until later. The other buyer redeemed the code, so that's why I received a refund.

I don't know how he thinks it's remotely OK to give the code out to two buyers, especially since I had paid for it already.

Oct 25, 2017
Negative Feedback for chronic_archaic.

PM'ed him this morning about his eshop code. He said it was available. I sent payment and he sent me the code after receiving payment. I told him that I would redeem the code after I got home from work.

A few hours later, I get a PM saying he refunded me because he gave the code to someone who inquired before me, but never responded/paid for the item until later. The other buyer redeemed the code, so that's why I received a refund.

I don't know how he thinks it's remotely OK to give the code out to two buyers, especially since I had paid for it already.
It's not, and I already explained I messed up - I'll take the negative feedback, but you don't need to infer I thought it was okay. I straight up said it was a poor decision.

Feb 20, 2018

I responded back with:

I'm certainly not free of blame, and I would never argue otherwise. It was my fault that I sent PayPal instead of Amazon GC and it was ultimately my fault that I didn't continue to monitor my PayPal to see if a refund had come in. I'm not looking to throw anyone under the bus here, I just feel like this was an undeserved piece of negative feedback. I already tried reaching out to Noren privately but didn't hear anything back.

Thanks for your time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you post a screenshot that included some of the seller's PII (an email or name, perhaps) in the BST thread?

Sorry, no, it was the seller who posted your PII (just checked).

Last edited: