• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
@critics

Years and Years is a co-production (but really mostly a BBC series) - not "an HBO series".

like why is this so hard for you

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Everything scream season 3 screams disaster so it isn't weird even the network and airing schedule do

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jun-24.MON_.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anthony Jeselnik to get another talk show at Comedy Central:

The Viacom-owned cable network has ordered six episodes of Good Talk With Anthony Jeselnik, a weekly interview series in which Jeselnik sits down with a friend from the comedy world. The show is set to premiere Sept. 6.

Good Talk will find Jeselnik swapping his trademark acerbic style for tongue-in-cheek interviews with fellow comics about their careers, influences and "what it's like to live in his massive shadow." The half-hour conversations will center on stand-up, bits and stories and also include "unconventional" studio segments.
Guests for the initial run are David Spade — whose daily late-night series Lights Out debuts in July — Kristen Schaal, Kumail Nanjiani, Natasha Leggero, Nick Kroll and Tig Notaro.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
seriously do we really have to cancel Life in Pieces? They're such a fun family to watch. it's like a 3 act play every week.

I still can't quite believe how CBS raw dogged this show. Wouldn't it stand to reason that everyone was still under their original contracts? Did the show just get too expensive?

Clooney did a damn fine job with Catch-22, so...

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I still can't quite believe how CBS raw dogged this show. Wouldn't it stand to reason that everyone was still under their original contracts? Did the show just get too expensive?

Only thing I can think is that it's a non laugh track show on a network where all the watchers love the laugh track shows, and they don't think it fits.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon and the BBC to co-produce Steve McQueen's new TV series.
It's not clear which territories the SVOD service has the rights for to the six-part series but former Fremantle exec Brown revealed that Amazon was co-producing the project, which has been long in the works, with the official commission coming from the BBC in August 2015. She added that it was "coming imminently".

The show, which is being produced by The Frankenstein Chronicles producer Rainmark Films, is a look at the lives of a group of friends and their families living in West London from 1968 to 2014. The Oscar-winning writer and director has said that the series will tell the story of a West Indian community in the heart of London across three decades, beginning at the moment of Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech in 1968.

It starts in 1968, a small restaurant called The Mangrove opens in Ladbroke Grove: a place of cameraderie and friendship that becomes a social heart for the community – and, over time, a flashpoint for resistance.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
WarnerMedia streaming service is ramping up their slate of originals:

WarnerMedia has given 10-episode orders to two new series from Maniac creator Patrick Somerville for its upcoming streaming service.

Half-hour divorce comedy Made For Love, based on the tragicomic novel of the same name by Nutting, is a dark, absurd, and cynically poignant story of divorce and revenge. The series shows how far some will go for love, and how much further others will go to destroy it.

Station Eleven, an hourlong post-apocalyptic limited drama based on the international bestseller by Emily St. John Mandel. A postapocalyptic saga spanning multiple timelines,Station Eleven tells the stories of survivors of a devastating flu as they attempt to rebuild and reimagine the world anew while holding on to the best of what's been lost.

via Deadline

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
WarnerMedia streaming service is ramping up their slate of originals:

via Deadline
This is one of those times, you really need to post the full summary
Made for Love, based on the tragicomic novel of the same name by Nutting, is a dark, absurd, and cynically poignant story of divorce and revenge. The series shows how far some will go for love, and how much further others will go to destroy it.

It follows Hazel Green, a thirtysomething woman on the run after 10 years in a suffocating marriage to an unstable, needy, possibly sociopathic tech billionaire. Soon she discovers that her husband has already implanted a revolutionary monitoring device – the Made for Love– in her brain, allowing him to track her, watch her, and know her thoughts and feelings as she tries to stay alive. Also, there are dolphins.
Also, there are dolphins.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Station Eleven is a fantastic novel. It should make for a great miniseries. Hopefully no one gets tempted to drag it out in further seasons. Hiro Murai directing is nice.

Yep, came to praise Station Eleven as well. As long as they keep it to a one season deal it should be quite good.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, Station Eleven was a good read.

In other news...

Oh plz, stop with these network-exclusive stunts. Hulu originally was (and for the moment, still is) a group of networks that got together to agree on a service... It's now Disney+ 0.5, but until everything is pulled, I will use it for my Fox, FX, HBO, NBC, CW, etc., use.

No way stuff like CBS or NBC can survive on their own...

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Internet-based cable, ten streaming services incoming... having time for it all sure sounds fun!

giphy.gif

In a few years, everyone's top ten lists will be completely different. But then these will all consolidate, and we'll be okay again.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
What if someone started a company that bundled all these different services together and sold them as a single subscription under one single monthly fee!

(Honestly, this was the end result of a la carte. The alternative being Disney owning all entertainment ever I suppose)

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What if someone started a company that bundled all these different services together and sold them as a single subscription under one single monthly fee!

(Honestly, this was the end result of ala carte. The alternative being Disney owning all entertainment ever I suppose)
You mean like 9 subscriptions and then 1 subscription to rule them all.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Oh plz, stop with these network-exclusive stunts. Hulu originally was (and for the moment, still is) a group of networks that got together to agree on a service... It's now Disney+ 0.5, but until everything is pulled, I will use it for my Fox, FX, HBO, NBC, CW, etc., use.

No way stuff like CBS or NBC can survive on their own...
I do hope that some of these services do fail.
CBS I've been fine with since they offer enough shows for me to subscribe a few months out of the year, but when more and more networks start doing this the less and less I'm going to subscribe to.

Maybe I'll just do one month of each one at a time, binge all their shows I want to watch from the last year, cancel, then subscribe to the next one.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
people aren't going to pay $8 a channel for every channel that has series on it. It's just not going to happen. That's the entire reason packages happened. And then THOSE got too expensive and people revolted. So they think people will now pay MORE to have their channels split up into annoyingly separate apps?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I do hope that some of these services do fail.
CBS I've been fine with since they offer enough shows for me to subscribe a few months out of the year, but when more and more networks start doing this the less and less I'm going to subscribe to.

They gotta learn somehow, and they better not complain about pirate ships when they finally figure out that people got fed up :/ At least with game subs like EA and Ubisoft, those are completely optional, and you can still buy single games, not exclusive to those services.

Anyone have a full list of present/upcoming tv streaming services? (We can even make avatar bets on who will last... you know they will stop dropping like flies soon!)

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
John Boyega and Letitia Wright to headline Steve McQueen's new miniseries "Small Axe."

Production is now underway on location in London. Also starring are Malachi Kirby (Roots), Shaun Parkes (Lost In Space), Rochenda Sandall (Line Of Duty), Alex Jennings (Victoria) and Jack Lowden (Mary Queen Of Scots).

The long-gestating series will comprise six parts and tell five different stories. Its title is derived from a Jamaican proverb: "If you are the big tree, we are the small axe," meaning that relatively marginal or small voices of dissent can successfully challenge more powerful ones. It is also the title of a Bob Marley song from his 1973 album Catch a Fire.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I can see the next season of The 100 being the last. That could potentially put it at an even 100 episodes.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
That's good news. Blood and Treasure is a fun action treasure hunt romp.
That's fun and all, but hear me out what if next season the male lead developed super powers and the only way to prevent the world and himself from ending at the hands of an evil centaur is to find the lost city of Atlantis which is located at whatever moderately exotic locale that offers the biggest tax credit?

Look, I just want absurdity. And lots of it. The whole "they blow up a Pyramid in the trailer" does make this an intriguing prospect for that.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Coyote' U.S-Mexico Border Drama Starring Michael Chiklis Gets Series Order At Paramount Network

Written by David Graziano (American Gods), Michael Carnes and Josh Gilbert (Mr. Woodcock), Coyote is the story of Ben Clemens (Chiklis), who after 32 years as a border patrol agent, is forced to work for the very people he spent his career trying to keep out of America. Now exposed to life on the other side of the wall, Ben will start to question his black and white views of the world, challenging his ideology and his loyalties.

Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum are pulling a "Top Gear" and making what is basically "Project Runway" for Amazon:

Newly titled Making The Cut "will bring together 12 talented entrepreneurs and designers from around the globe who are competing to take their fledging brands to the next level in becoming the next big global phenomenon," per Amazon. Looks from Making the Cut will be shoppable on Amazon, and the winner of the series will receive one million dollars to invest in their brand. It's set for premiere in 2020.
Amazon also unveiled the show's judging panel which includes supermodel Naomi Campbell, who also serves as a consulting producer, former EIC of Vogue Paris Carine Roitfeld, designer Joseph Altuzarra and fashion icon, bestselling author and television personality Nicole Richie.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That's fun and all, but hear me out what if next season the male lead developed super powers and the only way to prevent the world and himself from ending at the hands of an evil centaur is to find the lost city of Atlantis which is located at whatever moderately exotic locale that offers the biggest tax credit?

Look, I just want absurdity. And lots of it. The whole "they blow up a Pyramid in the trailer" does make this an intriguing prospect for that.
I do feel bad that the fine actor playing the bad guy is once again being cast as "Middle Eastern terrorist", yet again.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I swear it seems like CBS is doing it's best to bury The Amazing Race. A slot at the same time as the Dem primary debate?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I swear it seems like CBS is doing it's best to bury The Amazing Race. A slot at the same time as the Dem primary debate?
It's the finale. I'm sure everyone invested in the series will catch it (no spoilers...) and it's not like anyone else will be starting. It is a shame this season was held back for months though. I hope it keeps going, and preferably with new faces. There's been too much re-use of known faces in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.