• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder that L&O: SVU shelved a Trump-based episode because he became president.

In the right hands, this show could be an exploration into hate movements and the weaponization of angry predominantly white teens in this political climate. But, it isn't and it'll just be a series of minorities dying at the hands of white people with one very tone-deaf episode about a white person getting murdered by someone African-American because reverse racism.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Law and Order: Fashion Crimes

maxresdefault.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to compile the YouTube views for the new series trailers released at the upfronts on the respective official channel accounts:

The Passage - 10 million
New Amsterdam - 6.6 million
Manifest - 6.3 million
The Cool Kids - 5.1 million
Rel - 4.6 million
The Rookie - 2.9 million
I Feel Bad - 2.9 million
The Kids Are Alright - 2.2 million
A Million Little Things - 2.2 million
Single Parents - 1.9 million
Last Man Standing - 612K
Magnum PI - 546K
Murphy Brown - 267K
Cosmos: Possible Worlds - 182K
God Friended Me - 181K
Whiskey Cavalier - 179K
The Fix - 125K
Grand Hotel - 121K
Happy Together - 108K
FBI - 102K
Proven Innocent - 62K
The Neighborhood - 18K
Charmed - ?? (the upfront trailer was pulled but the several trailers they've release since then have averaged 27K views)
All American - ?? (the upfront trailer was pulled but the one released a month ago has 7.8K views)

This isn't necessarily an indication of what the ratings will be (especially w/r/t CBS' shows - old people don't use YouTube), but it kind of signals where awareness is at.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
This gimmick was better than I thought it was going to be.

I decided to compile the YouTube views for the new series trailers released at the upfronts on the respective official channel accounts:

The Passage - 10 million
New Amsterdam - 6.6 million
Manifest - 6.3 million
The Cool Kids - 5.1 million
Rel - 4.6 million
The Rookie - 2.9 million
I Feel Bad - 2.9 million
The Kids Are Alright - 2.2 million
A Million Little Things - 2.2 million
Single Parents - 1.9 million
Last Man Standing - 612K
Magnum PI - 546K
Murphy Brown - 267K
Cosmos: Possible Worlds - 182K
God Friended Me - 181K
Whiskey Cavalier - 179K
The Fix - 125K
Grand Hotel - 121K
Happy Together - 108K
FBI - 102K
Proven Innocent - 62K
The Neighborhood - 18K
Charmed - ?? (the upfront trailer was pulled but the several trailers they've release since then have averaged 27K views)
All American - ?? (the upfront trailer was pulled but the one released a month ago has 7.8K views)

This isn't necessarily an indication of what the ratings will be (especially w/r/t CBS' shows - old people don't use YouTube), but it kind of signals where awareness is at.
I might be responsible for about 1k of those Whiskey Cavaliet views.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
BBC Terror Thriller 'Bodyguard' Becomes Biggest UK Drama Launch In A Decade As Consolidated Figures Emerge
BBC terror thriller Bodyguard has become the biggest new drama launch in the UK in a decade. The first episode of the drama, created by Line of Duty's Jed Mercurio, consolidated with 10.4 million viewers and a 40.9% share, after launching with 6.7M overnight viewers last Sunday night.

The show saw an increase of 3.6M viewers watching via catch-up and on-demand and is the highest launch figure for a new drama on BBC One since at least 2002. Some 3M people have watched the drama on BBC iPlayer.

BBC Adapting Cecil Day-Lewis' 'The Beast Must Die' Into Detective Drama With 'Taboo' Producer Scott Free London
The British public broadcaster is working up a remake of the novel, which tells the story of how respected crime writer Frank Cairns plots the perfect murder but ends up working with a top detective to clear his name.

In the book, Cairns intends to murder the hit-and-run driver who killed his young son but when his intended victim is found dead and Cairns becomes the prime suspect, the author insists that he has been framed. To solve the mystery, one of Cairns' old friends calls in private detective Nigel Strangeways to help.
Deadline understands that the BBC adaptation is being written by Gaby Chiappe, who wrote Gemma Arterton feature film Their Finest and has written on a number of British crime dramas including ITV's The Level and Vera as well as BBC's Shetland. It is being set up as a series, likely to be five or six episodes
and yes it's that Day-Lewis family:
The Beast Must Die was written by Nicholas Blake, the nom de plume of poet Cecil Day-Lewis, father of Daniel Day Lewis and was first published in 1938.

ABC Nabs Working Moms Comedy 'Family Friendly' From Christine Pietrosh, Jessica Goldstein & Jason Winer As Put Pilot
In a competitive situation, ABC has landed Family Friendly, a single-camera comedy from Telenovela creators Christine Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein, director-producer Jason Winer (Single Parents, Life In Pieces), 20th Century Fox TV and Winer's studio-based Small Dog Picture Company.

Written by Pietrosh and Goldstein, Family Friendly revolves around three working moms, who would have never been friends outside of work, but band together to survive an office that, despite its wholesome public image, is not quite "family friendly.

also; we already got the best take on L&O: Hate Crimes:

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
God, what is with all these mediocre and/or played out shows getting saved...

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
What do they mean by "local"? EU countries combined, or in Belgium 30% must be Belgian shows?

Either way, could limit how many shows the streaming giants release. Easiest way to increase the % of "local" shows is to reduce the number of international ones.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Fox Adds Live Boxing to Primetime Schedule as Network's Major Non-Scripted Push Continues

In a move that will only intensify speculation that "New Fox" is morphing into an all-sports and animation destination, the network will begin airing live boxing as early as December. According to the Wall Street Journal, 21st Century Fox has inked a four-year deal with Premier Boxing Champions for the rights to carry fights on Fox as well as Fox Sports 1 cable channel and pay-per-view.

In the past year, Fox has also acquired Thursday Night Football and WWE SmackDown, fueling buzz that the network will rely less on scripted fare once its sister studio, 21st Century Fox, moves to Disney. Fox CEO Dana Walden downplayed such talk back in July at the Television Critics Assoc. summer press tour, insisting to reporters, "We are definitely in the development business. And the mix of programming will remain as it was the past decade. We are launching shows all season long [and] I don't anticipate that to change."

Fox's five-year deal for WWE, inked this past June, will find the wrestling franchise airing on the network every Friday year-'round beginning Oct. 4, 2019.

Miso

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Northen Beaches
Prime has The Purge as an original here. Might watch for that reason. I do like when Netflix and Prime have weekly shows over from the US.

Designated Survivor - that was a dud

Who has it in Yank-land? Part of that AMC /Aamzon output deal, or something else?

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So new thread new discussion. Apparently we're close to the pickup of Designated Survivor for a third season.
https://www.tvfanatic.com/2018/08/designated-survivor-revived-for-season-3/

I'll be happy if Netflix gives it a shot but boy do they need to add some real stakes and balls to this show.
I wouldn't be surprised if they hire some better writers and attempt to make it more of a prestige show to fill in the political drama gap when House of Cards is finished.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Prime has The Purge as an original here. Might watch for that reason. I do like when Netflix and Prime have weekly shows over from the US.

Designated Survivor - that was a dud

Who has it in Yank-land? Part of that AMC /Aamzon output deal, or something else?

USA/Syfy

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I'm watching the premiere of The Mayans MC.

I didn't expect to see Gemma appearing in a brief cameo.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't prepared for Mayans to be as bad as it is. Like....it's just SO dumb.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
I quit Sons of Anarchy after like the fourth season, was going to give the Mayans pilot a try, but as soon as I turned it on I saw that it was an hour and 40 minutes long and was instantly reminded of all the pointless musical montages and shit from SOA.

No thanks.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck them for cancelling Colony.

I see Taken has been cancelled. I've had it on my watch list for a while, is it worth watching ?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
And let's be honest, it was terrible. I wanted to like it given that I enjoy Adam Scott and Craig Robinson but once Fox put it on hiatus so did I.
It was enjoyable, I think given time would have grown into something. But shows don't get that chance anymore on network tv

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The Purge premiere wasn't bad just really slow

I guess it's odd since need to build up the different characters and stuff, but at the same time after 4 Purge movies, people already know what it is and the rules and stuff. We shall see

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017

I guess it's odd since need to build up the different characters and stuff, but at the same time after 4 Purge movies, people already know what it is and the rules and stuff. We shall see
A purge series that functions like an anthology makes too much sense. You can tell all kinds of stories.

I just hated the commercial because for a half second I thought it was a real political ad

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
A purge series that functions like an anthology makes too much sense. You can tell all kinds of stories.

I just hated the commercial because for a half second I thought it was a real political ad

Yeah, though I guess part of the franchise's appeal is... it can happen.

And right now, it really does seem just focused on the murder part. I'd love to see stuff like robbery, or just wreckless party or dumb crap.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, though I guess part of the franchise's appeal is... it can happen.

And right now, it really does seem just focused on the murder part. I'd love to see stuff like robbery, or just wreckless party or dumb crap.
I like to see Post Purge shit. Does your relationship change after you seen your partner go Micheal Myers on somebody? Does life insurance cover being purged? And all crime being legal, people would do much fouler shit than murdering

Why does it feel like I am asking far deeper questions than the creators probably would want to tackle?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I like to see Post Purge shit. Does your relationship change after you seen your partner go Micheal Myers on somebody? Does life insurance cover being purged? And all crime being legal, people would do much fouler shit than murdering

Why does it feel like I am asking far deeper questions than the creators probably would want to tackle?
Considering the guy in Election Year had purge insurance for his business, I would say there's purge life insurance.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
watching the Mayans pilot and I heard fuck, so now it's okay to use it huh.

That is what was missing from Sons; i'm sick of all the jesus christs.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA

They should've just done the show in real-time format like 24, each episode would be an hour of The Purge.

Status
Not open for further replies.