• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jul-18.THU_.png

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm three months late but I actually watched Sneaky Pete S3, because somebody had to.

It was... somewhat better than S2 but had some glaring plot holes. Also they moved production of the show to California midway through for tax credits. And an actor died midway through filming. And there was a new showrunner. It makes for a disjointed experience. Doesn't end on a cliffhanger at least. Weird show but I don't regret watching.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, what better place to show off your sci-fi property than at Comic-Con?

I half-expect a reveal on "Conan" because brand synergy.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Did we talk about this on Wednesday? Not sure if it got lost in the shuffle:

AGBO Sets Author Lev Grossman's Original Sci-Fi Series Idea 'The Heavens' At Amazon
In a competitive situation, AGBO has sold bestselling author Lev Grossman's original idea, The Heavens to Amazon, which has committed to a pilot script with a significant penalty attached.

The series idea is science fiction in the grand tradition of classic space opera, but told in a dark, grounded, emotionally complex manner. The story centers on Miranda, a troubled but gifted young woman who finds a powerful weapon left behind by a long-vanished empire. That discovery will launch Miranda on an epic adventure with a sprawling cast of characters, from a lethal super-agent to an alcoholic genius prince, as she struggles to unite a galaxy at war against a vast, ancient antagonist.

The series is set to be Executive Produced by Michael London's Groundswell Productions as well as by AGBO's Lindsay Dunn, Mike Larocca, and Anthony and Joe Russo. It should give the Russo Brothers an extra something to discuss Friday at 11 AM, when the Avengers: Endgame directors headline a panel at San Diego Comic-Con to discuss that blockbuster — which is just $5 million away from eclipsing James Cameron's all time global grossing Avatar — and other AGBO fare.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
Were there any news i missed the past months about the BtVS reboot and The Americans creators' new project?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Good lord the Valentines Day episode of One Day at a Time was the best one since the Family Reunion one.

Also, therecwas some trippy stuff in the RAM episode of Person of Interest.

I probably would have quit the show after one season if Rick was the protagonist. It contrasted badly compared to Reese. The former had a bit of a raspy voice, but now I can see it's pretty soothing, as if he's a guy you can trust. Dillinger on the other hand is brash and reckless. I can see Finch making the mistake of only looking for a guy who's good at fights and espionage but not the human elements of taking care of the Irrelevents.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Were there any news i missed the past months about the BtVS reboot and The Americans creators' new project?
I don't think I've seen anything on either of those. Fields and Weisberg are doing some writing and EP work on other projects, but there hasn't been news about a new project they'd be showrunning together.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting on TBS to say something about "Close Enough" but I get the feeling that it is dead.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's EW so colour balance will be out of whack. But still, that does not inspire confidence. Hope for a trailer so that we can get a good look at it

What's with the Firefly jokes? Was there a rumor or something? I thought that show was long dead.
Are you accusing me of taking undeserved swings at Firefly fans for the fun of it? Why I would never.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still waiting on TBS to say something about "Close Enough" but I get the feeling that it is dead.

Wouldn't be surprised if Close Enough was moved to HBO Max since TBS animation block failed.

I've been following this for a while, ever since I saw a commercial on tv for years back. Didn't realize that TBS was also under the HBO Max umbrella, but that would make complete sense to go that route.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if Close Enough was moved to HBO Max since TBS animation block failed.
I've been following this for a while, ever since I saw a commercial on tv for years back. Didn't realize that TBS was also under the HBO Max umbrella, but that would make complete sense to go that route.
I could see that happening. Its not a bad route to go. At least TBS still have American Dad. I thought they were going to try to pick up more but maybe not. I think TBS does a simulcast for Final Space instead of keeping it on their own like they did before. Its too bad they couldn't launch something solid and get a block of shows or shows that rotate in the year.

If Close Enough exists under HBO Max, I'd check it out. I am still considering the service at the moment.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I must have been out of it to not know that Beverly Hills 90210 was getting a revival series. And with Shannen Doherty too! Only one missing is Tiffani Amber Thiessen (beside the obvious Luke Perry).

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I must have been out of it to not know that Beverly Hills 90210 was getting a revival series. And with Shannen Doherty too! Only one missing is Tiffani Amber Thiessen (beside the obvious Luke Perry).
IIRC there's already turmoil on the staff involving some now ex writers and two of the lead actresses, so it's like the show never left!

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Battle of the Planets was originally created by Tatsuo Yoshida and Tatsunoko Studios and was arguably the first mainstream glimpse for U.S. audiences into Japanese anime during the late 1970s. In addition, it was one of the few sci-fi cartoons during that era. The series follows five young orphans who are trained from a young age to form an elite, intergalactic team known as G-Force, swearing to protect Earth and its allies from otherworldly invading forces.
Grimjack Comics is being developed at Amazon by AGBO, Halfire and being written by Kevin Murphy, the creator of Defiance, Heathers the Musical and Reefer Madness. The Grimjack Comics graphic novel was written by John Ostrander and Tim Truman, and is the story of a mercenary and his crew who are forced to dig into their own pasts when Grimjack's estranged teenage daughter comes to him looking for help. This will take them through the insane streets of Cynosure, a mysterious city where all parallel universes intersect. There, this unlikely team fights to save not just themselves, but all the planes of existence.
Joe Russo said that they're producing Grimjack and that they might direct Battle of the Planets. "If we were to make it, it would be a live-action film," said Joe who as a kid would run home to watch it after school. No writer is on Battle of the Planets yet.
Sure?

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
I'm three months late but I actually watched Sneaky Pete S3, because somebody had to.

It was... somewhat better than S2 but had some glaring plot holes. Also they moved production of the show to California midway through for tax credits. And an actor died midway through filming. And there was a new showrunner. It makes for a disjointed experience. Doesn't end on a cliffhanger at least. Weird show but I don't regret watching.
I had no idea there was a third season. Fuck.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
During the panel, Goldberg announced that the series has been renewed for a season 6 and they dropped a first look at season 5B ahead of its midseason finale on Sunday. The series will return August 11. In addition, Goldberg announced that Colby Minifie, Peter Jacobson and Colby Hollman will be joining the cast.
In addition, Goldberg said that they are going to be exploring more of the post-apocalyptic Walking Dead universe.

"The big secret is that there have been other civilizations that have survived the apocalypse," revealed Goldberg. "We are about to show a lot more."

Goldberg said that they are working on another series of privileged, first-world kids who leave the comfort of their world to go on a quest. Some will become heroes — others not so much. He said the new series will "open up a whole new world." No further details of the series were given.
Walking Dead: Fyre Fest is the new show apparently

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Omg my heart is not ready for this.

I have a feeling they had to get ahead of someone spoiling the ending. The fandom has been tearing itself apart these past couple of days.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Annet Mahendru has joined the cast of the third Walking Dead series, set to premiere next spring. Yuss

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
"Not political" is just PR talk. I wouldn't read to much into it.
We'll see. They also say the starting premise is now about someone from the rear cars being recruited by the authorities to catch a murderer. They're certainly not racing to put the class issues at the forefront. Wild guess, the radical reworking of the pilot was because execs wanted to shy away from the core political stuff and just do something more familiar with sci-fi/dystopian trappings.

Status
Not open for further replies.