• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Is Manifest still airing new episodes? It feels like a lot of people were talking about it when it premiered, but I haven't heard anything about it for months.
I'm getting close to stopping watching it.

Just watched the newest episode (aired yesterday I think) and I'm really getting tired of the atory/mystery. The characters aren't good enough to drive the story (which was one of Losts biggest strengths), and since the story isn't hasn't been getting very interesting either I'm pretty bored by the show whenever I watch it.

The last "event" show i really tried to get into was Flashforward I think it was called, the one where everyone in earth passed out for a few seconds and got a vision of their future. That show was canceled after one season I think and I get a similar feeling from this one too sadly.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
iiL5xpD.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Tuesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jan-15.TUE_.png

Gifted continues to drop. I was comparing numbers from last season, and wow the numbers are almost half now :/ I'll be super surprised if this gets an S3, honestly. Especially with the Disney deal and hearing that Dark Phoenix and New Mutants will be the last of Fox's X-Men movies, with the others cancelled.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
watched the first episode of Titans... I liked it, dont @ me lol.

Fuck Batman.

Nice to see Minka Kelly, hadnt seen her since Friday Night Lights I think.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

Just watched the newest episode (aired yesterday I think) and I'm really getting tired of the atory/mystery. The characters aren't good enough to drive the story (which was one of Losts biggest strengths), and since the story isn't hasn't been getting very interesting either I'm pretty bored by the show whenever I watch it.

The last "event" show i really tried to get into was Flashforward I think it was called, the one where everyone in earth passed out for a few seconds and got a vision of their future. That show was canceled after one season I think and I get a similar feeling from this one too sadly.
This happens with every Lost type show. The story and characters aren't strong enough to carry the mystery part of it. :/

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched it. I was just going by the ratings. I'm sure it's a good show but it's not the hit that ABC was looking for.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I'm sure it is not.

Apple signed Jason Katims (Parenthood, Friday Night Lights): https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/jason-katims-sets-apple-overall-deal-1203109679/

He's a good fit for their SFW programming plans.

He really is. Glad to hear that. I was very disappointed in Rise not being renewed. That was one of my favorite shows last year (another one you would possibly like, G_Shumi !).

Oct 25, 2017

as NBC's and TV's number 1 new drama, Im quite sure its guaranteed a season 2. NBC would be silly to cancel it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
This happens with every Lost type show. The story and characters aren't strong enough to carry the mystery part of it. :/
While it was structured less like a Lost type show, I feel like 4400 does a lot of what Manifest wants to do, but did it a lot better.

It's got people returning after being gone for a while, but it makes it more interesting (IMO) by making them be gone from different time periods so we get a variety of different stories around that (this character's relatives are all long dead, this guy falls for the granddaughter of his lost love, etc.).
It also did the "powers" thing better to me since it's not just generic voices they're hearing, but different people are getting different powers which I find keeps things more interesting.
It even does the "mysterious/creepy child that knows things" better since I remember the young girl in 4400 being a much better actor than the kid in Manifest.

I even mostly liked the characters overall in 4400, like I said, having some of them be from different eras was a neat idea early on, and I think it did a smarter job with handling how people would treat a magical event like that by having a cult form (Manifest is kinda starting this, but it's hardly a big plot point).
as NBC's and TV's number 1 new drama, Im quite sure its guaranteed a season 2. NBC would be silly to cancel it.
That's good, it can still turn itself around for me, especially with a second season.
So many of these shows have an interesting premise, then the show is kinda meh for a while, and then it never gets a conclusion because it gets canceled.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Reminder that Deadly Class premieres tonight on Syfy. The pilot has been available online for a while (I enjoyed it), but tonight is the official TV premiere.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Gifted continues to drop. I was comparing numbers from last season, and wow the numbers are almost half now :/ I'll be super surprised if this gets an S3, honestly. Especially with the Disney deal and hearing that Dark Phoenix and New Mutants will be the last of Fox's X-Men movies, with the others cancelled.

Agreed, RIP. It's not the worst Marvel related show (ahem, Runaways), but it's pretty bad.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Trial and Error sentenced to death. Too bad. I liked it and had been hoping it would find a new home.

Oct 25, 2017
While it was structured less like a Lost type show, I feel like 4400 does a lot of what Manifest wants to do, but did it a lot better.

It's got people returning after being gone for a while, but it makes it more interesting (IMO) by making them be gone from different time periods so we get a variety of different stories around that (this character's relatives are all long dead, this guy falls for the granddaughter of his lost love, etc.).
It also did the "powers" thing better to me since it's not just generic voices they're hearing, but different people are getting different powers which I find keeps things more interesting.
It even does the "mysterious/creepy child that knows things" better since I remember the young girl in 4400 being a much better actor than the kid in Manifest.

I even mostly liked the characters overall in 4400, like I said, having some of them be from different eras was a neat idea early on, and I think it did a smarter job with handling how people would treat a magical event like that by having a cult form (Manifest is kinda starting this, but it's hardly a big plot point).

That's good, it can still turn itself around for me, especially with a second season.
So many of these shows have an interesting premise, then the show is kinda meh for a while, and then it never gets a conclusion because it gets canceled.
The 4400 had an outstanding cast, including Mahershala Ali.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Few days late to The Good Doctor and forgot that it was a cliffhanger... but it's like a Christmas episode in January, so I wonder if they were supposed to air it before the break. lol

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Channel Zero had a good run and lasted longer than I thought I would. The first season was good, but it went progressively downhill after that and got a bit too cheesy. I liked all seasons to an extent (and actually watched 2-4 in the last year), but I'm done with it and not disappointed.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Channel Zero had a good run and lasted longer than I thought I would. The first season was good, but it went progressively downhill after that and got a bit too cheesy. I liked all seasons to an extent (and actually watched 2-4 in the last year), but I'm done with it and not disappointed.

I think 2 was the best. the bit with her dad, wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.