• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
and here we go:

Disney Assumes Full Control of Hulu in Deal With Comcast
Disney and Comcast announced a deal under which Disney will assume full operational control of Hulu, effective immediately.

Under their pact, Comcast's NBCUniversal will retain its 33% ownership interest in Hulu but as early as January 2024, Comcast can require Disney to buy NBCUniversal's interest in Hulu. By the same token, Disney can require NBCUniversal to sell that interest to Disney for its fair market value at that future time.

Hulu's fair market value will be assessed by independent experts but Disney has guaranteed a sale price for Comcast that represents a minimum total equity value of Hulu at that time of $27.5 billion.

Disney and Comcast have agreed to fund Hulu's recent purchase of AT&T Inc.'s 9.5% interest in Hulu, pro rata to their current two thirds/one third ownership interests and, going forward,
Expect bundling with Disney+ and ESPN+ to be a thing when Disney+ launches. Streaming bundling, it's the new cable bundling.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Freeform trailer time!

Fuck me. This show is absolutely going to wreck me. Josh Thomas you absolute bastard. Please Like Me was astoundingly good, and this is easily the best show trailer of the upfronts.

Slightly too maudlin for me, maybe it's the music choice.

I still have no idea what to make of this

they also renewed Sirens for season 3

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings. "The Bachelorette" returned to reclaim its crown, while "911" hit a high with its season finale:

Fast-Demo-2019-May-13.MON_.png

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones Episode "The Bells" Sets Series Records; VEEP Series Finale is Season High
GAME OF THRONES' penultimate episode, entitled "The Bells," which aired this past Sunday, was watched by a record 18.4 million viewers across HBO's platforms (linear, HBO GO and HBO NOW), exceeding the previous series high of 17.8 million viewers two weeks ago for the episode "The Long Night," focusing on the Battle of Winterfell. In addition to the series high for the night, the 9:00 p.m. airing reached a time-period high for GAME OF THRONES, with an average of 12.5 million viewers, surpassing the season seven finale of 12.1 million viewers. Season eight of GAME OF THRONES is averaging 43 million viewers per episode in gross audience, an increase of more than ten million viewers when compared to season seven.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
oh god we've reached PEAK DEADLINE
Hyde Park Mounting Mohiro Kitoh Anime 'Bokurano' With Showrunner Charlie Craig
Jesus, just say that Hyde Park is adapting an anime as live action, hire an editor please.
Ashok Amritraj's Hyde Park Entertainment continues its expansion into television with a live-action adaptation of the highly acclaimed Japanese manga series Bokurano. The series was created by celebrated author Mohiro Kitoh and published by Shogakukan Inc.

Hyde Park has tapped veteran writer Charlie Craig (Pretty Little Liars and Freeform's The Perfectionists) to be showrunner and executive producer the live-action series. Amritraj will be executive producer, along with Rob Golenberg. Addison Mehr and Priya Amritraj will co-executive produce for Hyde Park.
Bokurano is a coming of age series that follows a group of detention-worthy teenagers from around the world tasked with saving the Earth. The eleven-volume manga series has gained cult classic status over the last decade.
okay so that's fine. but what picture do y'all think they have accompanying the article?
A manga cover? Nah.
Something from the anime? lol no.
A hideous nightmare image that someone made for their blog that as far as I can tell has absolutely nothing to do with the anime or the manga?
bokurano.jpg

lmao. of course

Also, googling the thing to see what it actually looked like... can like someone explain? Anyone?
tumblr_mqk6jsZl2p1qbvovho1_500.gif

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FX casts up "Ms. America" miniseries:
Mrs. America tells the true story of the movement to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment, and the unexpected backlash led by a conservative woman named Phyllis Schlafly, played by Blanchett. Through the eyes of the women of that era — both Schlafly and second-wave feminists Gloria Steinem, Betty Friedan, Shirley Chisholm, Bella Abzug and Jill Ruckelshaus — the series explores how one of the toughest battlegrounds in the culture wars of the '70s helped give rise to the Moral Majority and forever shifted our political landscape.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing these two together makes me wanna tune in for the new season.

Last edited:

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
AP Bio needs to come back. It is just so funny.
Does season 2 get any better? We watched season 1 and Liked it enough to be happy when Season 2 came, but the first 2 episodes left a lot to be desired. It's like it can't get out of a rut of "Jack does a horrible thing. The kids are roped in. It works out somehow. Jack maybe learns something for 5 seconds" and then the next episode does the exact same thing.

Oct 28, 2017
I never watched the Bandersnatch thing but seeing that season 5 picture has definitely made me pumped for the next full season. Is Bandersnatch worth the time? I'm really turned off by the whole idea.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never watched the Bandersnatch thing but seeing that season 5 picture has definitely made me pumped for the next full season. Is Bandersnatch worth the time? I'm really turned off by the whole idea.
It's a fun ride. It's a bit too gimmicky but I think that going in blind and just exploring what you can do makes it a fun experience.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been any news on S3 of The Toys That Made Us? Feels like forever since there's been news on it...

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Freeform trailer time!

Fuck me. This show is absolutely going to wreck me. Josh Thomas you absolute bastard. Please Like Me was astoundingly good, and this is easily the best show trailer of the upfronts.

Slightly too maudlin for me, maybe it's the music choice.

I still have no idea what to make of this

they also renewed Sirens for season 3

Oh god, I'm going to end up watching all of these lol

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
Tiffany Haddish To Host 'Kids Say The Darndest Things' Reboot On ABC

'The Bold Type' Renewed For Season 4 By Freeform With Wendy Straker Hauser As New Showrunner

Edit:
The Conners Season 2: ABC Expands Episode Order to Nearly a Full Season
During a conference call with reporters on Tuesday, Karey Burke, president of entertainment at ABC, revealed that the hit sitcom's Season 2 episode order — which was originally pegged at 13 — has been expanded to nearly a full season. An ABC rep declined to confirm a number, but a network source tells TVLine that the second season will consist of 19 episodes. That's a dramatic increase from Season 1's 11-episode haul.

Last edited:

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Semantics. However BBT would be cancelled as it's done this season, rather than "ending" next season to air

No matter what, shows not returning have technically been cancelled.

I mean, sure, that's true. But without the nuance of "ending" vs "cancelled", people may be prone to misjudging something. Counterpart got cancelled, but luckily most of the threads got resolved, whereas Elementary is ending, and thus will finish on the show's own terms (which may or may not involve unresolved threads).

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Berzeli finally went one step too far with the clickbait titles.

Weird that they posted the "mixed*ish" trailer with Anders Holm now that he's been recast.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I mean, sure, that's true. But without the nuance of "ending" vs "cancelled", people may be prone to misjudging something. Counterpart got cancelled, but luckily most of the threads got resolved, whereas Elementary is ending, and thus will finish on the show's own terms (which may or may not involve unresolved threads).

It really doesn't work like that though. Sites call things cancelled even if they're planned out. I know what you're trying to say, but judging doesn't matter.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Does season 2 get any better? We watched season 1 and Liked it enough to be happy when Season 2 came, but the first 2 episodes left a lot to be desired. It's like it can't get out of a rut of "Jack does a horrible thing. The kids are roped in. It works out somehow. Jack maybe learns something for 5 seconds" and then the next episode does the exact same thing.
Not the person you quoted but give it a few more episodes. I feel like they have sort of moved away from that. It's still there but the storylines and schemes are getting more involved with other people at the school and what they do and interpersonal stories. The relationship between Jack and the kids feels like it is changing for the better as well

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh god we've reached PEAK DEADLINE
Hyde Park Mounting Mohiro Kitoh Anime 'Bokurano' With Showrunner Charlie Craig
Jesus, just say that Hyde Park is adapting an anime as live action, hire an editor please.

okay so that's fine. but what picture do y'all think they have accompanying the article?
A manga cover? Nah.
Something from the anime? lol no.
A hideous nightmare image that someone made for their blog that as far as I can tell has absolutely nothing to do with the anime or the manga?
bokurano.jpg

lmao. of course

Also, googling the thing to see what it actually looked like... can like someone explain? Anyone?
tumblr_mqk6jsZl2p1qbvovho1_500.gif

What if you could command a giant mecha to fight off invading mecha but you died when you piloted it just one time. A massive bummer of an anime that's pretty good. Also has one of the most iconic themes where sad anime girls tell you to uninstall over and over.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Killing Eve S2

Week 1:

769K on AMC
403K on BBC America

1.172 million total

Week 2:

609K on AMC
321K on BBC America

930K total

Week 3:

620K on AMC
361K on BBC America

981K total

Week 4:

629K on AMC
459K on BBC America

1.08 million total

Week 5:

570K on AMC
454 on BBC America

1.02 million total

~

A Discovery of Witches

Week 1:

853K on AMC
225K on BBC America

1.078 million total

Week 2:

505K on AMC
171K on BBC America

676K total

Week 3:

539K on AMC
137K on BBC America

676K total

Week 4:

528K on AMC
191K on BBC America

719K total

Week 5:

530K on AMC
241K on BBC America

771K total

Killing Eve week 6:

615K on AMC
402K on BBC America

1.01 million total

A Discovery of Witches week 6:

505K on AMC
160K on BBC America

665K total

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The parents in Mixed-ish need recast.

Weird that they posted the "mixed*ish" trailer with Anders Holm now that he's been recast.

Wow, they actually recast the dad! The mom needs recast too though.

I checked his history. Nothing that was cited since Monday although I'm gonna assume it was his last two posts and they just haven't put the ban notice up yet. Anyway hope theyre back soon

Yeah, it was that. He'll be back soon though!

In the meantime, he wanted me to tell you all that he's finally watched Claws and he thinks it's the best show of all time. I personally think that's going a bit too far, but at the same time I didn't want to argue with another fan - there are so few of us here after all 🙃

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
In the meantime, he wanted me to tell you all that he's finally watched Claws and he thinks it's the best show of all time. I personally think that's going a bit too far, but at the same time I didn't want to argue with another fan - there are so few of us here after all 🙃
These totally seem like words he typed.

Status
Not open for further replies.