• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad The Last O.G. got renewed. It's by far my favorite show on cable currently.

Welp, guess I'm never gonna watch any Arrowverse reruns in a year or two.

God, the streaming service future sucks ass. Somehow it managed to become worse than cable in an alarmingly short amount of time.
It's not even the streaming service future, some companies are just doing things that obviously won't work out. Like the selling point of this new service will probably be Friends(which is obviously still a notable thing for streaming) and a bunch of shows people probably wouldn't sub for. At some point a lot of these platforms will either be free with ads or die off and move over to whoever comes out on top.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably not in most contexts, but the EGS vs Steam fan war has been driving extremely insensitive hyperbole for months now. And that gets old.
Their comment was on the extreme end sure but racist and homophobic type posts have received less. Unless berzeli has a history the moderation went overboard.

Oct 25, 2017
Man Blood and Treasure actually seems like it might be different than it is shown in tv spots and such.
Every advertisement I have seen made it look like Mat Barr is just playing his Sleepy Hollow treasure hunter character(not necessarily bad thing) with a stereotypically required "British" female treasure hunter/explorer.
Turns out there are more main characters, and Matt Barr is the straight man FBI agent.

I'll give it a shot.

Miso

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Northen Beaches
CW flexing their muscles.

There are a lot of CW shows that pop up same day on a number of regions (some tagged as originals, some not), Supergirl, Arrow, Dynasty, Black Lightning, Riverdale. Always assumed they were 50% of the reason some (looking at you Dynasty) were getting renewed based on terrible ratings in home country, that global distribution $.

And yet now they want to test the market on each show. But who else has the $ and the reach?

Unless this is all worthless speculation as it's a US only thing.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Their comment was on the extreme end sure but racist and homophobic type posts have received less. Unless berzeli has a history the moderation went overboard.
Moderation here has always been over the top (and probably always will be). Just something we have to live with to continue to participate in this forum.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings. ABC's "Whiskey Cavalier" was always doomed to fend for itself, with reruns and now old movies taking up the 8-10pm block:

Fast-Demo-2019-May-15.WED_.png

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I usually watch MasterChef stuff. The name may have been different last night cause I don't think my DVR caught it. And this is definitely the point in the year where I don't have as many prime time shows to watch so I watch other stuff. With how many things I want to catch up on, that works for me.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Damn, ABC brought out movies on a weekday? Man they screwed up their schedule.

As far as 2atching things, it will be easier for me this fall. Not even Tuesday is that bad. I'll see what the cable shows will dish out.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Damn, ABC brought out movies on a weekday? Man they screwed up their schedule.
The season finales of their usual shows already aired last Wednesday so now they don't have anything there while everything else wraps up for the season. But they did air them unusually early, and with how many reruns they aired in 2019 alone, you'd think that they would've ended earlier. Lol.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Here Are Netflix's Most-Watched Titles This Week..In The U.K.
The top ten most-watched films in the UK this week:
1. Wine Country
2. Baywatch
3. 21 Jump Street
4. Friends with Benefits
5. The Last Summer
6. Dark Shadows
7. Avengers: Age of Ultron
8. The Maze Runner
9. Snowpiercer
10. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax

The top ten most-watched series in the UK this week:
1. Dead to Me
2. Riverdale
3. Lucifer
4. Jane The Virgin
5. Dynasty
6. Line of Duty
7. Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments
8. The Society
9. Lunatics
10. Chambers

The top ten most-watched non-english language shows and films in the UK this week:
1. The 12th Man
2. Undercover
3. Despite Everything
4. The Wandering Earth
5. Quicksand
6. The Protector
7. Le serment des Hitler
8. The Ruthless
9. A Fortunate Man
10. Abyss

The top ten most-watched docs in the UK this week:
1. Our Planet
2. Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes
3. Street Food
4. Louis Theroux: Dark States - Trafficking Sex
5. Louis Theroux: Dark States - Heroin Town
6. The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann
7. American Experience: The Island Murder
8. ReMastered: Devil at the Crossroads
9. One Strange Rock
10. Homecoming: A film by Beyoncé

The top-ten most-watched titles overall in the UK this week:
1. Dead to Me
2. Riverdale
3. Lucifer
4. Wine Country
5. Jane The Virgin
6. RuPaul's Drag Race
7. Baywatch
8. Dynasty
9. Line of Duty
10. Shadowhunters: The Mortal Instruments

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
AMC Greenlights Soul Mate Anthology Drama Series From Will Bridges & Brett Goldstein
AMC has ordered six hourlong episodes of an episodic anthology drama, about the intersection of love and science, from Emmy-winning writer Will Bridges (Black Mirror, Stranger Things) and Brett Goldstein (Superbob, Adult Life Skills), Fearless Minds, a Banijay Group company (Thorne, Complicit), and AMC Studios. The Untitled Bridges/Goldstein Project, based on the duo's short film For Life, is slated for a 2020 premiere on AMC.

Co-created by Bridges and Goldstein, each episode will feature an entirely new story and different cast, a first-time format for AMC. The series takes place 15 years from now, when science makes a discovery that changes the lives of everyone on the planet – a way to find your soul mate. The series uses the sci-fi conceit to tell six provocative stories about the cost of finding true love, all different in tone and featuring a spectrum of people and relationships.

Oct 25, 2017
Man Blood and Treasure actually seems like it might be different than it is shown in tv spots and such.
Every advertisement I have seen made it look like Mat Barr is just playing his Sleepy Hollow treasure hunter character(not necessarily bad thing) with a stereotypically required "British" female treasure hunter/explorer.
Turns out there are more main characters, and Matt Barr is the straight man FBI agent.

I'll give it a shot.
I cant tell if this is supposed to be a serious show or a joke.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Paradise Hotel seems like something that belongs on MTV. Or maybe USA cause I think they had a show that seemed reminiscent of this. Temptation Island? Then again Fox had a show that was people trying to get dates on the island and were only allowed to stay as couples. I'm not surprised to see it do poorly.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any news about The Enemy Within? I really enjoyed the first season, but it felt like it was alot shorter than I expected. Hope it gets renewed, but I dont have much faith lol.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon Studios Picks Up Lauren Oliver's YA Drama 'Panic' To Series
Amazon Studios has picked up to series YA drama pilot Panic, from writer Lauren Oliver based on her best-selling book, and producers Joe Roth and Jeff Kirschenbaum.

Ramping up a YA slate was one of the first major programming initiatives of Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke after she joined the company last year. The company greenlighted three YA drama pilots, Panic, College and The Wilds. Of the other two, College is not going forward while The Wilds is still in contention.

Written and created by Oliver based on her novel published by Harper Collins, Panic centers on a small town in America, where every year, the graduating seniors engage in a competition they believe is their one chance to escape. But this year, the rules have changed–and they must decide how much they are willing to risk in order to get out.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Since no new tv shows interest me except for Batwoman it's a perfect time for me to start watching 90210 from the 90's is it good because I bought the complete collection along with Melrose place but I'll watch that after I'm done with all 10 season of 90210.

Anyone watch both any good?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any news about The Enemy Within? I really enjoyed the first season, but it felt like it was alot shorter than I expected. Hope it gets renewed, but I dont have much faith lol.
The premise and characterization of that show is so bizarre. If it gets renewed, I suspect it will only be because there's a producer or something on it who carries a lot of weight with the studio.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"One Day At A Time" is still alive, as discussions continue with CBS Corp.
Its Pop TV basic cable network, home of the Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara-starring comedy Schitt's Creek, is at the center of the conversation. Because of the cost of the series, designed for a premium platform, Pop TV by itself can't afford it, and CBS Corp. has been working on putting together a multi-network plan for ODAAT, which I hear does not include CBS Corp.'s flagship CBS broadcast net.

Ixian

Nov 25, 2018
That title change was mighty fast, and simultaneously a sad way to find out about the Tick. Hopefully they find a new home for it.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm literally watching Tick season 2 right now fuck Amazon
It's really good too. I thought it was way better than season 1. I kept crushing hard over Dot, dammit.
I will say though that it does feel like season 2 kind of ended what season 1 started, so I guess it's as good of a place to end the show as any. Season 3 looked more to expand on the universe more.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The premise and characterization of that show is so bizarre. If it gets renewed, I suspect it will only be because there's a producer or something on it who carries a lot of weight with the studio.
Its got a lot of potential imo, but yea your right. I kinda hope they drop the whole traitor in prison thing and just let the main character go wild. She seems like she used to be such a boss when she was in the CIA, and I cant help but feel like the show would be way more appealing if we got to see her do her thing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.