• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I have my problems with Netflix, but limiting shows to a few seasons is awesome and I love it. Most shows don't really need more than three seasons.
And if they announced that and let the writers wrap it up that would be ok but dangling the renewal carrot in front of cast, crew and fans and then pulling the plug is kinda shitty.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a race between the music streaming services to figure out who can spend the least on actual music artists by funneling subscription fees to video projects!

--

NYT had a piece yesterday on Apple's first slate of programming.

I'm still 50/50 on See happening. I've heard it's a total clusterfuck and Tim Cook doesn't like it at all. But they've already invested so much in it, I wonder if it will air or they will sell it some other outlet, or what.

Not really worrying. It says exactly why in that blurb. Killen doesn't want to spend a year in Budapest. Lots of shows do the co-showrunner thing for this reason.

Oct 25, 2017
because I'm a sucker for suspenseful advertising I ended up watching the 10 episode "special event" TheFIX on ABC.

lol I hope we get tons of moles and twists and twists and twists.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I on the Apple tip, I don't own any Apple products or don't plan on buying an Apple TV (which I hear is expensive), just to watch their programming. Give me an app I can download on my TV or via my PS4. I am really curious to see some actual footage of the shows for once, they have to at least come through with trailers next month, right?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
🤷‍♂️
They announced plans to bring HBO international series to the streaming platform but they're slow on the rollout. Looking at HBO Nordic, we got Miss Sherlock, Folklore, Grisse, and Halfworlds in terms of HBO Asia content.
I'm surprised they don't air it on the normal network considering all the hours they have to fill. Oh well. lol
I will say I like how Netflix doesn't give a shit and just puts everything on their service because it doesn't matter to them either way.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So. This is an upcoming episode of Simpsons:
Krusty releases an all-female reboot of "Itchy and Scratchy," so Bart and his crew of all-male friends decide to boycott the show. After Bart's friends turn on him for laughing at the reboot, Bart joins a woke group of sixth-grade girls who commit crimes against patriarchy.
Yes. It's real. Written by Megan "Cruelly deprived of an Emmy" Amram.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Mar-18.MON_.png

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix Orders 'The Queen's Gambit' Limited Series From Scott Frank; Anya Taylor-Joy To Star
Netflix has ordered six episodes of The Queen's Gambit, a limited series based on Walter Tevis' novel from two-time Oscar nominee Scott Frank (Godless, Logan), with Anya Taylor-Joy (Split, Glass, The Witch) set to star.

Co-written by Frank, who also directs, and Allan Scott (Don't Look Now, The Preacher's Wife), The Queen's Gambit chronicles the life of an orphan chess prodigy. Set during the Cold War era, the story follows Beth Harmon (Taylor-Joy), from the age of 8 to 22, as she struggles with addiction in a quest to become the greatest chess player in the world.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Wholly unironic usage of drudgesiren.gif:
dOJR2mE.gif
David Boreanaz Teases 'Angel' Reunion: "We May Have Something In The Works"
It's been 20 years since Angel was on television and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spinoff garnered a very loyal cult following. Since it has been two decades, it's about time that we revisit the lovelorn vampire, right? David Boreanaz thinks so too.
"I love that character," Boreanaz added. "So, I will say there may be something coming up. I don't want to give away much. I can say, it's 20 years coming up this fall and we may have something in the works."

I know it's (very likely) not going to be anything major. But still. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Seeing black-ish getting destroyed in the ratings is depressing. I can see that and Fresh off the Boat getting final seasons in the Minority Friday death slot.

Meanwhile, young women really like The Village, but will it be enough?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing black-ish getting destroyed in the ratings is depressing. I can see that and Fresh off the Boat getting final seasons in the Minority Friday death slot.
The creator seems to be ready to move on. I think he was signed to Netflix and got out of the ABC contract. I wouldn't be too shocked if he was ready to wind it down anyways. But I also wish the ratings it was getting was better. It seems like both of the ABC comedy shows on Friday are ready to end so it wouldn't be shocking if black-ish ends up going there even though I hope it doesn't.

I hope I can enjoy the spin off for a couple more years to come at least.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I'm ok with Fresh Off the Boat ending. I can see how this season could make a good sendoff, too. It's one of those shows where I wouldn't want it to overstay it's welcome, even though I'm still enjoying it.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
'Castle Rock': Lizzy Caplan, Tim Robbins, Elsie Fisher to Star in 'Misery'-Themed Season 2
The anthology, from J.J. Abrams and Stephen King, will put a new spin on Kathy Bates' famed nurse Annie Wilkes, with Lizzy Caplan set to take on the leading role in the sophomore season.

Season two will explore a feud between warring clans that comes to a boil when budding psychopath Annie Wilkes, King's nurse from hell, gets waylaid in Castle Rock.

Joining Caplan — one of pilot season's most in-demand actresses — are Tim Robbins (Here and Now), Eighth Grade breakout Elsie Fisher, Garrett Hedlund (Tron, Mosaic), Barkhad Abdi (Captain Phillips, Blade Runner 2049), Yusra Warsama (Call the Midwife) and Matthew Alan (Lovecraft Country, 13 Reasons Why).
I didn't know this was an anthology show. Was the first season satisfying as a standalone thing?

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Mindy Kaling Coming-Of-Age Comedy Gets Series Order At Netflix
Netflix has given a 10-episode series order to a semi-autobiographical comedy-of-age comedy from The Mindy Project creator Mindy Kaling and producers Lang Fisher and Howard Klein and Universal TV.

Co-created, co-written and executive produced by Kaling and Fisher, who also serve as showrunners, the as-yet untitled comedy is about the complicated life of a modern-day first generation Indian American teenage girl, inspired by Kaling's own childhood.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Steve Zaillian Meets Patricia Highsmith's Sociopath Tom Ripley
The hot package that has several networks salivating is a series that Oscar-winning screenwriter Steve Zaillian will write and direct that focuses on Tom Ripley, the sociopath anti-hero of the Patricia Highsmith crime novel series. Sources said that this will go in a straight-to-series deal and that Zaillian is expected to write and direct most of the first season's worth of episodes. It will be the first major series for Zaillian since the acclaimed HBO mini The Night Of.
Zaillian will use the five novels written by Highsmith — The Talented Mrs. Ripley, Ripley Under Ground, Ripley's Game, The Boy Who Followed Ripley and Ripley Underwater — as a road map to show Ripley's progression from con artist to serial killer. The series will be executive produced by Zaillian, Garrett Basch, Philipp Keel, Guymon Casady and Ben Forkner. Keel is the head of Highsmith's longtime publisher, Diogenes, in Zurich.
Yus! More Patricia Highsmith adaptations are always welcome, I really hope they are finally going to fully lean into the queer angle of Ripley with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.