• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Killing Eve breakdown:

769K on AMC
403K on BBC America

1.172 million total

What's surprising though is that A Discovery of Witches also did really well (it already aired previously on Sundance Now and Shudder) - even better than Killing Eve (on AMC)!

853K on AMC
225K on BBC America

1.078 million total

They could have just aired Killing Eve by itself, so pairing it with ADoW turned out to be a really savvy move.

Week 2:

Killing Eve: 609K on AMC, 321K on BBC America

930K total

A Discovery of Witches: 505K on AMC, 171K on BBC America

676K total

Killing Eve down but relatively steady - ADoW dropped quite a bit but is still doing pretty well.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
No surprise The GIfted got canned, the fact they ended on a semi-cliffhanger... lol. Too bad the show was so dreadfully boring, the second season was a struggle to get through.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I didn't know Killing Eve was an AMC show. It's airing on Showcase here, I think. Showcase or Bravo.

Haven't seen it listed on AMC.

I'm actually regretful that I didn't watch it last season like I'd thought to, because now I want to.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Killing Eve was an AMC show. It's airing on Showcase here, I think. Showcase or Bravo.

Haven't seen it listed on AMC.

I'm actually regretful that I didn't watch it last season like I'd thought to, because now I want to.

AMC Networks - it's a BBC America show that is now also simulcasting on AMC

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings. Didn't ABC's Wednesday comedies just come back from a break? What's with the reruns again?:

Fast-Demo-2019-Apr-17.WED_.png

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Wheres the threadmark
It's Easter. And look all good decent, wholesome Christian lads (don't laugh) I am preoccupied with family and faith.

I'll get on it. If I manage to remember what Rel is, and that it is a thing
Week 2:

Killing Eve: 609K on AMC, 321K on BBC America

930K total

A Discovery of Witches: 505K on AMC, 171K on BBC America

676K total

Killing Eve down but relatively steady - ADoW dropped quite a bit but is still doing pretty well.
Dammit. The streak is over.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I am really enjoying Netflix's No Good Nick, surprisingly. It is a pretty good sitcom and all the kids are well cast.

Also the first time I have seen Josie Totah in something since she came out as trans, glad to see that.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
By the way. I am now 100% convinced that the writers for The Good Fight are wizards

Some-fucking-how the latest episode has a character donate $200K to Georgetown in order to get his son admitted there. That they have a subplot about college admissions is to say the least timely.

Wizards, I tell you. Wizards.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Foundation' Co-Showrunner Josh Friedman Departs Apple Drama
Co-writer and co-showrunner Josh Friedman has departed the series based on Isaac Asimov's Foundation book.

Sources say Friedman's decision to exit the big-budget space drama was amicable. He and co-writer and co-showrunner David S. Goyer (Syfy's Krypton, feature Batman Begins) had always planned for one of the two to remain the boots on the ground showrunner on the series from Skydance Television. Friedman (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) will now focus on his work in features, which includes the upcoming sequel to James Cameron's Avatar. He will remain involved as an executive producer. Goyer will now become the lone showrunner while also contributing scripts and overseeing the writers' room.

Apple and Skydance TV declined comment.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, Friedman isn't having a good time on sci-fi shows lately, with this and the Snowpiercer situation. At least there's Avatar!

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

Not surprising, but still highly unusual for Starz to remove the show from their service.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Damn, Friedman isn't having a good time on sci-fi shows lately, with this and the Snowpiercer situation. At least there's Avatar!

Yeah, he seems to have an issue with starting shows and not staying on them. Same thing with the Wizard of Oz thing he was doing with NBC.

I remember listening to him on the Writers Panel podcast back in the day, dropped a lot of candid insight and was pretty funny.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Almost at the end of Counterpart, with just the final ep to go. Absolutely one of my favourite series ever, but I'm fine with no third season. Not everything needs to run and run, the TV equivalent of a multi-book SF or fantasy series.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Frasier w/the shitstain that is Kelsey Grammer and w/o David Hyde Pierce & John Mahoney is a pass for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
No surprise The GIfted got canned, the fact they ended on a semi-cliffhanger... lol. Too bad the show was so dreadfully boring, the second season was a struggle to get through.

Yep I don't mind a slow burn show that focuses on characters over action but the character drama itself was so bland and poorly acted/written. And the entire 2nd season was just dumping on the heroes constantly, it was such a fucking downer, now with no payoff.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Life in Pieces, literally one of the first lines (if not the first): 'It's a little rustic, but it got five stars on Yelp, and one of the stars was even partially filled in.'

LOVE this show.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the ratings would lead me to believe it got canceled cause nobody was watching it. Idk why the US remake would cause the UK version to be canceled, nothing like that has ever happened before.

The rumor was that HBO wouldn't agree to buy the rights unless they cancelled the original version because they wanted their version to be the only version on the air. It didn't quite make sense and I don't know that any official sources confirmed it though.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/l...54753/olivia-holt-cloak-and-dagger-interview/

Since I doubt they would do a major recast, I wonder if Cloak and Dagger will just go on hiatus for a while, or end it on S2?
I don't see anything in that that says she's taking a break from acting as a whole, just that she's not going to jump into another acting project after the season because she wants to work on her music for a while, which makes sense. Unless there's something I'm missing by skimming? Aside from the byline, which is not at all supported by the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.