• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boo NBC. AP Bio was amazing especially this season. the students got bigger parts and it was great. There should be like 2 episodes left right?

All I need now is Deadly Class S2.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a thread that makes it easier to see each seasons new shows and where it could be possible for international audiences to watch the damn shows lol

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is there a thread that makes it easier to see each seasons new shows and where it could be possible for international audiences to watch the damn shows lol
Ratsky makes a thread each month showing which new shows are starting.

I can't help you for where to watch them in your country. I check this to see where shows/movies are streamed in Canada (it's so horrible for us lol) so maybe there's a site similar for you.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-May-24.FRI_.png

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Im still weaping the loss of Mick; but no one is really around to kick up a fuss about that one (which hurts even more). xD
If there was a place to kick up a fuss then I'd be right there!

You're not alone. It's been a year, and I still really miss that show. It was kind of a shame the the B99 cancellation overshadowed it.
It was that and Lucifer. Then both of those got saved.

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago Fire has to have the worst season finales on tv.
Its like they pack an average episode so full of everything and just cut it halfway through the main plot for a cliff-hanger.

Im also getting extremely tired of them making the cliff-hanger and commercials always seem to be about just a single one of the firefighters in trouble(Severide)
literally every week the episode preview has characters screaming for that character.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Cult British Comedy 'Peep Show' In Development At FX With Karey Dornetto Writing Gender Reversal Remake
Cult British comedy Peep Show is getting another chance at a U.S. adaptation with a script in development at FX. The series, which ran for nine seasons on Channel 4, is getting a gender role reversal with the two leads – played by David Mitchell and Robert Webb in the UK original – set to be played by women.

Portlandia and Superstore writer and co-exec producer Karey Dornetto is writing the adaptation.

It is the latest attempt after Starz attempted a remake in 2016, while Fox took a run at a pilot, starring The Big Bang Theory's Johnny Galecki, in 2005 and Spike gave it a chance in 2008.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I saw absolutely no media on any website I frequent

I'm gonna give it a shot but S2 was already a big step down from S1

Sneaky Pete is just a "background" show now, not something you honestly need to pay much attention to until the fun of the inevitable heist in the last couple episodes. Shame, really, because that first season was such a great one-off opportunity that the studio just couldn't resist forcing more material out of.

The Mick was by far a better show than AP Bio. I say that as someone who generally enjoys Dennis's antics over Dees.

I always sigh hearing about so many mediocre-to-bad shows getting picked back up or revived on other networks when nobody - nobody?! - could spring for Mick?

Oct 25, 2017
Why did nobody ever tell me Deadliest Catch was legitimately entertaining?!
I got stuck watching 2 out of order episodes while in the hospital and thought it could be interesting, now I see Discovery Go had most of the seasons so I gave it a shot.
I immediately got hooked and have binged almost 2 seasons in 2 days.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Why did nobody ever tell me Deadliest Catch was legitimately entertaining?!
I got stuck watching 2 out of order episodes while in the hospital and thought it could be interesting, now I see Discovery Go had most of the seasons so I gave it a shot.
I immediately got hooked and have binged almost 2 seasons in 2 days.
I don't know why nobody told you, but yes, yes it is.

It was one of the first things I binged when I first got Netflix like six years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why nobody told you, but yes, yes it is.

It was one of the first things I binged when I first got Netflix like six years ago.
Commercials always had me thinking it was a show where nothing really happens and they just hype one big event all season, but really starting at the first episode of a season you actually get pulled into it by the captains.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings. There wasn't really anything on last night because of the holiday weekend, so I hesitated on whether or not to post the ratings. But here they are, I guess. Should I keep posting ratings even though the 2018-2019 is over?

Fast-Demo-2019-May-26.SUN_.png

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Reviews for some upcoming things:

When They See Us - Netflix. A four episode Central Park 5 dramatization from Ava Duvernay. 87 metacritic with 5 positive and 1 mixed review.

Deadwood: The Movie - HBO. 82 metacritic with 5 positive reviews.

What/If - Netflix. Renée Zellweger thriller. 57 metacritic with 4 positive, 5 mixed, 1 negative reviews.

Good Omens - Amazon. Based on the Neil Gaiman novel. 48 metacritic with 4 mixed reviews.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Reviews for some upcoming things:

When They See Us - Netflix. A four episode Central Park 5 dramatization from Ava Duvernay. 87 metacritic with 5 positive and 1 mixed review.
Neat.
Deadwood: The Movie - HBO. 82 metacritic with 5 positive reviews.
Neat.
What/If - Netflix. Renée Zellweger thriller. 57 metacritic with 4 positive, 5 mixed, 1 negative reviews.
Expected.
Good Omens - Amazon. Based on the Neil Gaiman novel. 48 metacritic with 4 mixed reviews.
Dammit. 😭

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Im still weaping the loss of Mick; but no one is really around to kick up a fuss about that one (which hurts even more). xD
I miss The Mick and we're never going to get that ending resolved. :(
The Mick was by far a better show than AP Bio. I say that as someone who generally enjoys Dennis's antics over Dees.
Same here, I'm sure it got better but of the few episodes I watched I didn't get into AP Bio at all. The Mick pretty much hit the ground running.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed Good Omens might be pretty bad but very excited for Central Park Five and, finally, the Deadwood movie that I'm still stunned actually materialized.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The Deadwood movie is a lie - a giant prank on the TV intelligentsia, if you will. All will be revealed this Friday...

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Informal TV ERA poll:

What is your favorite part of the monthly TV threads? Are there any genres/types of shows that you feel clutter up the schedule that you have to sift through to get what you want?

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Only part of the thread I care about are the new shows. I already know when all of my other shows are coming back because of TV Calendar.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Informal TV ERA poll:

What is your favorite part of the monthly TV threads? Are there any genres/types of shows that you feel clutter up the schedule that you have to sift through to get what you want?
The most important thing is it creates a focal point for discussion, and you do that well. iirc you don't give returning shows the same prominence as new shows, and I think while it's good to highlight new shows more in general, there are likely some returning shows that are far bigger than some niche new ones, and they should get some love with the pictures and extra screen space. If you already do that, then never mind all that...

Last edited:

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Thinking about it more I think the first post is pretty much perfect but the second post shouldn't be listed by release date. Those new shows should be listed by network/streamer so people can skip the networks/streamers they don't have access to. For example, if I didn't have Netflix then I wouldn't care about any of those shows and would skip over all of them.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Deadwood movie is a lie - a giant prank on the TV intelligentsia, if you will. All will be revealed this Friday...

I'm rewatching Deadwood now for the first time in like... fuck me, 10 years? whenever I got the dvds. Not sure how a 2 hour movie will feel, Deadwood is as much an ensamble show as GoT for example, its not like BB where its the Walt and Jesse show.

Also, Deadwood is still fucking amazing.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any clear sense if this season of Archer is going to be the final one. Every site I see is coy, implying it could be the end but maybe not. I can't tell if it just trying to get long time fans invested in another lame gimmick season with the hope of some resolution, or if it is actually ending.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
What about like game shows and reality competition stuff? Anyone into that? There's a lot of it that I already skip (hundreds across like VH1 and all the other random cable channels) but I still list all the stuff on the broadcast networks and some of Netflix's. I never really see anyone here talking about them so I've always wondered if I'm just including them for no real reason. (outside of the occasional Gordon Ramsay/Survivor/Big Brother or the breakthroughs like Queer Eye or Marie Kondo) (I know Dedication Through Light likes the game shows :)

Network television shows, in particular CW shows. =P

saaaame

iirc you don't give returning shows the same prominence as new shows, and I think while it's good to highlight new shows more in general, there are likely some returning shows that are far bigger than some niche new ones, and they should get some love with the pictures and extra screen space.

I appreciate the suggestion, but it never made sense to me to inform people of already-existing-and-popular shows (outside of the decade+ later revivals of shows like Roseanne or Murphy Brown). If somebody notices a premiere coming up for a big show they like, they can just post about it in the thread to let everyone know - gotta spur discussion somehow! :D

You already know...the Lifetime shows, but its not a big deal.

I cut out all the Lifetime/Hallmark/made for TV movies earlier this year!

Pls keep up with the Recent Highlights - helps me know what's good, even if it's a bit old.

Would of gone nowhere near Kingdom on Netflix it had not caught my eye there.

Will do! That's also one of my favorite features~

Thinking about it more I think the first post is pretty much perfect but the second post shouldn't be listed by release date. Those new shows should be listed by network/streamer so people can skip the networks/streamers they don't have access to. For example, if I didn't have Netflix then I wouldn't care about any of those shows and would skip over all of them.

doesn't TV Calendar do that already

snssBQE.gif

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any clear sense if this season of Archer is going to be the final one. Every site I see is coy, implying it could be the end but maybe not. I can't tell if it just trying to get long time fans invested in another lame gimmick season with the hope of some resolution, or if it is actually ending.

This new season was planned to be the final one at one point. Don't know if they ended up changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.