• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Creative differences claims another victim. Jupiter's Legacy and all the Millar-world shows are on my radar, not sure how to feel about this.

Good. His career following the end of Spartacus has been extremely depressing. Jupiter's Legacy sounded lame and I want him free to work on Incur-

Time to put him back on Incursion. :P

INCURSION!!!!

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
NBC naming their streaming platform 'Peacock'? Yikes.

giphy.gif

By the way, this is by far and away the best GIF on the Internet.

Oct 25, 2017
Hulu save us

So ABC and FOX are the only ones without a premium exclusive only thing, now that CBS All Access and Peacock are a thing? [Unless ABC and Fox are included in Disney+?]

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Way way way too soon for a BSG reboot.

Give me Blake's 7 instead!!!!!! Yes, all the eps of this classic from circa 1980 are free on YouTube.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings. ABC's "Dancing With The Stars" debuted about the same from last year (where it received a 1.0 in the 18-49 demo, and 7.68 total million viewers) to an average of a 1.0 in the 18-49 demo, and 7.99 total million viewers:

Fast-Demo-2019-Sep-16-MON.png

Oct 25, 2017
At season 28, its impressive DWTS still maintains a fandom, I guess theyve done a good job balancing out the number of lost fans to the number of gained fans.

Also it shall soon reach 500 episodes, hope ABC lets it before getting it cancelled. According to Wiki its at 438.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
At season 28, its impressive DWTS still maintains a fandom, I guess they've done a good job balancing out the number of lost fans to the number of gained fans.

Also it shall soon reach 500 episodes, hope ABC lets it before getting it cancelled. According to Wiki its at 438.
I'm sure it'll do fine since they still attract the 25-54 demo. Plus, nearly 8 million total viewers is really good in this day and age.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The Great Streaming Wars of 2020... will it still be cheaper than cable by this point? Everything is fragmented so bad.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tinder is getting into the content streaming game.

Popular dating app Tinder is set to release a choose-your-own-adventure-style original series in early October, marking its first outing as a content financier and distributor, numerous individuals close to the project told Variety.

The series is set against an impending apocalypse, one of the insiders noted, and asks the question "Who would you spend your last night alive with?" The show will upload directly to the Tinder app, and users will be able to swipe right or left (the service's basic function of approving or denying a potential love match) and advance the plot as they see fit.

The untitled six-episode project just wrapped production in Mexico City, and was directed by sought-after newbie Karena Evans. The helmer and actress has directed numerous music videos for rapper Drake, including the viral hit "In My Feelings" and the star-studded "Nice For What." She also directed the pilot episode of the Starz stripper drama "P-Valley."

The series clocks in at over two hours total, said sources, who added the content was shot to be viewed vertically on smartphones.

The startup, owned by Match Group, is not jumping into the content game solely for the love of filmmaking. Yet another insider close to the project said Tinder intends to create an algorithm based on how its users make decisions within the series, and then match them with romantic interests based on those choices. A Tinder user's particular view on how a group of characters should spend the eve of the apocalypse will lead them to others with similar takes, the thinking goes, and then, perhaps, to an awkward first date in real life.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Hogan's Heroes" is getting a sequel-reboot from its original creator
EXCLUSIVE: Another classic TV sitcom is mounting a comeback. The iconic 1960s comedy Hogan's Heroes is being rebooted by the original series co-creator Al Ruddy, Village Roadshow Entertainment Group and Rough Pictures.

The reimagined version will be a single-camera action adventure comedy series set in present day focusing on the descendants of the original heroes, now scattered around the world, who team up for a global treasure hunt.

Ruddy will executive produce with Rough House Pictures principals Danny McBride, David Gordon Green and Jody Hill and the company's president of production Brandon James. Alix Jaffe and Adam Dunlap will oversee for VREG

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching season 5 of peaky blinders? I think, so far, it's my favorite season in a while. Sam Clafin's Mosley is a sophisticated mustache twirling delight

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what the hell is Quibi
Short answer: DoA streaming service targeting shows with 10 min or less episodes you watch on your phone.

Slightly Longer answer: pump and dump scheme to make Jeffrey katzenberg money where people pull old feature scripts out of their drawer that haven't sold anywhere and cut them up into 10 minute episodes because that's the attention span old people think millennials have.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Short answer: DoA streaming service targeting shows with 10 min or less episodes you watch on your phone.

Slightly Longer answer: pump and dump scheme to make Jeffrey katzenberg money where people pull old feature scripts out of their drawer that haven't sold anywhere and cut them up into 10 minute episodes because that's the attention span old people think millennials have.

Ew, Katzenberg. That's gonna be a no from me, then.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I think Quibi (or something like it) could be the future (or at least successful). TV is trending towards smaller and smaller episode counts and lengths - the standard length of a premium drama season is now like 8-10 episodes and even TV enthusiasts seem to recoil at the thought of a 13 episode season or 50+ minute episodes these days. we're inching closer to the British model of 4-6 episode seasons and with the introduction of the half hour drama I could see the more bite sized approach of Quibi eventually catching on, especially for comedies

Quibi being exclusive to phones will probably hurt it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.