• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Sep-20-FRI.png

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

With this wrestle themed branding this year I wonder if we're going back to the pigeon boys. Would be a good tie in to Smackdown on Fox

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings. The 71st Emmy Awards on Fox received its lowest ratings ever, with an average of 1.5 in the 18-49 demo, and an average total of 5.95 million viewers. (Last year's Emmys on NBC had a 2.4 in the 18-49 demo, and 10.2 million viewers.) It also really didn't help that it aired against football (even if it was the Cleveland Browns):

Fast-Demo-2019-Sep-22-SUN.png

TV Line

The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards delivered an all-time low in the ratings, marking a sixth straight year of decline for TV's biggest night.
Per Nielsen fast nationals, the Emmys drew barely 6 million total viewers along with a 1.5 demo rating, down 34 and 39 percent from last year's fast nationals.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sunday night's ratings. The 71st Emmy Awards on Fox received its lowest ratings ever, with an average of 1.46 in the 18-49 demo, and an average total of 5.95 million viewers. (Last year's Emmys on NBC had a 2.4 in the 18-49 demo, and 10.2 million viewers.) It also really didn't help that it aired against football (even if it was the Cleveland Browns):

Fast-Demo-2019-Sep-22-SUN.png
maybe just no interest in award shows anymore

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
The teasers for Truth Be Told and Servant look interesting. I know my parents will love truth be told as it is right up their alley. The M Night show looks good.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
It will be on CBS, pay better than Supernatural and almost certainly have better ratings on a regular basis.

Could easily become another CBS show that old people watch and it goes on for 10 seasons.

Yeah this is going to be a hit with old people and the south.

And me because I watched the hell out of it with my parents as a kid.

WHEN THE EYES OF THE RANGER ARE UPON YOUUUUU
ANYTHING YOU DO HES GONNA SEEEEE
WHEN YOURE IN TEXAS LOOK BEHIND YOUUU

CUZ THAT'S. WHERE THE RANGER'S. GONNA BE.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It will be on CBS, pay better than Supernatural and almost certainly have better ratings on a regular basis.

Could easily become another CBS show that old people watch and it goes on for 10 seasons.
All true. Even so, it's disappointing that he's going from one of the few shows I watch almost live rather than waiting for days, and have done for 14 years, to another boring reboot procedural I'll never watch aka Procedural Cop Show #175.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Predictions for tonight?

8:30 pm Bob Hearts Abishola series premiere (CBS)
9 pm All Rise series premiere (CBS)
9 pm Prodigal Son series premiere (Fox)
10 pm Bluff City Law series premiere (NBC)

Premieres for this week at the link. Semi-interested in Prodigal Son, Emergence, Sunnyside and Perfect Harmony.
It's been so long since we've done predictions. I love the start of a new fall season.

Here are my predictions:

8:30 pm Bob Hearts Abishola series premiere (CBS): 1.0
9 pm All Rise series premiere (CBS): 1.3
9 pm Prodigal Son series premiere (Fox): 0.9
10 pm Bluff City Law series premiere (NBC): 1.0

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It's been so long since we've done predictions. I love the start of a new fall season.

Here are my predictions:

8:30 pm Bob Hearts Abishola series premiere (CBS): 1.0
9 pm All Rise series premiere (CBS): 1.3
9 pm Prodigal Son series premiere (Fox): 0.9
10 pm Bluff City Law series premiere (NBC): 1.0

I knew you or Ratsky would be my first reply. :)

Bob hearts - 2.1
All Rise - 1.1
Prodigal Son - 1.8
Bluff City - 0.7

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Wow just realized that a bunch of new seasons are starting this week :x Geeze it catches up FAST! Good thing I'm almost done with catching up on a few backlog titles, just in time :x (Also helps with a bunch of shows that ended this year too, so I'll have less to worry about watching).

RedFyn

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any data available with breakdowns of the devices used to stream?

It will allow them to stream more shows. It's actu not the worst idea except for being mobile only which just makes it a joke.
Why is mobile only so bad?
Is it just that it's unnecessarily limiting? Or that people like to be on their phones while they stream on another device?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Predictions for tonight?

8:30 pm Bob Hearts Abishola series premiere (CBS)
9 pm All Rise series premiere (CBS)
9 pm Prodigal Son series premiere (Fox)
10 pm Bluff City Law series premiere (NBC)

Oh yeah!

Bob <3 Abishola - 0.8
All Rise - 0.7
Prodigal Son - 1.2
Bluff City Law - 1.4

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really feel out of it this year- I haven't heard of a single one of these programs other than Bluff City Law and that's only because I saw an ad on Twitter for it today.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Man I really feel out of it this year- I haven't heard of a single one of these programs other than Bluff City Law and that's only because I saw an ad on Twitter for it today.
My overall viewing for broadcast TV has gone down every year, to the point where I don't watch certain networks anymore just because they just don't have shows that look appealing to me.

So you're definitely not alone with never hearing of some of these new shows before.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
There are:

0 shows I watch on CBS
2 on ABC (Agents of Shield, which is ending next year, and Modern Family, which is ending this season)
2 on NBC (Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Good Place, which is ending this season)
1 on Fox (Bob's Burgers)
1 on The CW (The 100, which is ending next year)

I currently have no plans to watch any of the new fall broadcast shows, though if any are genuinely good (not "good for broadcast" good) then that might change.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
What about "Evil"?

I'm just curious what is causing folks to rave about it.

It seems to be like an X-Files kinda monster of the week sorta thing, so I think I'll wait for the season to end before deciding whether to watch it or not. The episodes that critics have seen could be legitimately interesting but it could also quickly sputter out thereafter. Drama on broadcast is dire.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
There are:

0 shows I watch on CBS
2 on ABC (Agents of Shield, which is ending next year, and Modern Family, which is ending this season)
2 on NBC (Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Good Place, which is ending this season)
1 on Fox (Bob's Burgers)
1 on The CW (The 100, which is ending next year)

I currently have no plans to watch any of the new fall broadcast shows, though if any are genuinely good (not "good for broadcast" good) then that might change.
Doesn't watch Supernatural, Amazing Race or Orville. For shame. No interest in upcoming Nancy Drew either? Aside from the ones I mentioned, it's only SHIELD, Modern Family, Hawaii Five O and Seal Team for me, and The 100, though I'm 3 seasons behind due to starting late, and those are on Netflix. I refuse to pay for CBS All Access but I will get the Blu-rays of Star Trek Discovery from the library. Looking forward to Evil.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Welp, at least the lineup is better than last year. I'll definitely watch Batwoman and might pick up Bob + Abishola, Nancy Drew and Stumptown depending on first impressions. I'm also hoping on the Superstore train.

S2 of Arrow was great.

Neighbors got a season 2? Man that is crazy

It's CBS and it's validation for white people of how black people react to white people in their Neighborhoods. Of course it would be their highest rated new comedy last year.

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Alan Sepinwall said:
If Pose displays all of Murphy and Falchuk's greatest strengths as creators, The Politician exemplifies all three [+Ian Brennan] men's gravest weaknesses — as if they split themselves into good and evil versions, and sent the evil ones to make this show. It is mean, nonsensical, and utterly hollow. Moments when anyone onscreen emotionally resembles a person are rare. It's Murphy, Falchuk, and Brennan trying to make their own version of a Wes Anderson movie (and it does look beautiful) without understanding that there has to be recognizable, understandable human behavior lurking underneath all the twee stylistic flourishes.

and i oop

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I've almost always have shows that I watch on network TV because I just keep picking up stuff and usually sticking with it even if it sucks. Lol. I gotta start dropping more shows.

Anyways, here are my predictions:
Bob hearts - 1.2
All Rise - 1.6
Prodigal Son - 1.0
Bluff City - 1.0

By the way, do you guys ever get soured on an actor/actress cause of something they were in? I find myself hating Stump Town (even though I set it on my DVR to try it) cause of Cobie Smulders and How I Met Your Mother

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still pretty good show-wise:
NBC:
Manifest(lol)
B99
Superstore
The Good Place

ABC:
The Good Doctor
Modern Family
Black-ish
American Housewife
The Conners
Mixed-ish(I already know I'll be watching this lol)

Fox:
Empire(I stopped watching, but I'm curious enough to see how it ends to start it back up)
9-1-1
The Masked Singer

This year is definitely looking weak and the list has been shrinking.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
So... Bob/Abishola was okay. My parents loved it though. Then again, they also watch the Neighbors. I'll need more episodes to see if this is worth watching.

Speaking of Neighbors... it's like they repeated the same premise, only they're supposed to be friends now.

Last edited:

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
By the way, do you guys ever get soured on an actor/actress cause of something they were in? I find myself hating Stump Town (even though I set it on my DVR to try it) cause of Cobie Smulders and How I Met Your Mother.
Yes. I want to watch "Single Parents" on ABC (and might get around to it) but I just don't like Brad Garrett. I'm sure he's a nice person and everything but he just seems like a caricature of a person, with how tall he is and he deep his voice is.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The lead character for Prodigal Son is like the bastard child of Shawn from Psych, Monk, the dude from White Collar, and Columbo with a stick up his ass

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Neighbors... it's like they repeated the same premise, only they're supposed to be friends now.
I feel like they've only got a single premise for the show and they just come up with some scenarios to connect it to.

Yes. I want to watch "Single Parents" on ABC (and might get around to it) but I just don't like Brad Garrett. I'm sure he's a nice person and everything but he just seems like a caricature of a person, with how tall he is and he deep his voice is.
I'm going to be looking at Brad Garrett in a new way now that you said that. lol. Btw, Single Parents isn't bad. I think it gets better as the season goes along. Not extremely funny but it also doesn't make me want to turn off my TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.