• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The same thing happened with some of the other CW superhero shows last year though it might of been easier to keep those shows running since they're all filmed in Vancover and I'm sure they have a major production base there for the shows (and even with that I remember that a bunch of Supergirl episodes got delayed), I believe Black Lightning films somewhere else.

Supergirl was unrelated to the Kreisberg removal. That itself impacted neither the Flash or Supergirl.

They film in Georgia. BL is also unconnected to the other shows due to Akil's desires(for the best). I would hope it continues and they get another black showrunner with a strong voice to helm.

But hopefully one that wants to integrate to the main universe.

NBC spills some True Blood by killing off two shows somewhat popular among White Chicks

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
'Midnight, Texas' & 'Marlon' Canceled By NBC After 2 Seasons
The current second season of NBC's series Midnight, Texas will be its last. The network has opted not to order a third season of the supernatural drama based on the books by author Charlaine Harris, which producing studio Universal Television is shopping to other outlets. NBC also will not be picking more episodes of multi-camera comedy Marlon, starring Marlon Wayans, which ran for two seasons in summer 2017 and summer 2018.

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the ratings, so did everyone else it seems lol
Ended up scrubbing through it... what a strange beast of trying to jam in two "normal" episodes, wrapped around all the time conspiracy stuff that they had to solve within a few minutes while also trying to create a time travel loop.

I'd say at least there's Doctor Who, but that's gone for like 2 years now.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
what are people watching on HGTV?
Man the shows you can tune in and tune out. I love the Love and List OG and JR edition.
It's one of my default channels. Makes for good background...
there have been an a billion epsiodes of House Hunters and House Hunter international
Next week is the last Z Nation
Remember when Syfy had like 2 good nights of programming?
I was shocked Midnight got a second season.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Alphas, Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Haven was doing the shared universe way before CW

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings. Of course Midnight, Texas went out on a slight high after NBC cancelled it. Meanwhile, ABC's specials did better than its regular lineup and Dynasty returned to its regular 0.1 rating:

Fast-Demo-2018-Dec-21.FRI_.png

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Friday night's ratings. Of course Midnight, Texas went out on a slight high after NBC cancelled it. Meanwhile, ABC's specials did better than its regular lineup and Dynasty returned to its regular 0.1 rating:

Fast-Demo-2018-Dec-21.FRI_.png
If you consider getting beaten by every non-CW show, most of which were reruns a high, sure, I guess.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I missed Last Kingdom being renewed? I would expect the thread to explode with glee given how much you guys push that show :D

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LA to Vegas was funny.
This is what they wrote:
The new year had barely begun — Jan. 2! — and Fox, then still a network in theory, dropped this dud on everybody. At best, it was some kind of Airplane! homage put through a modern-day blender. But at worst — and more accurately, the result of what happens when you trust proven producers (Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Steve Levitan) rather than just trusting your gut when you see a bad pilot — LA to Vegas was mostly stupid. It starred a badly miscast Dylan McDermott, but the real damage was in the writing. How stupid was this series? Asked and answered in my review: "How bad is LA to Vegas really? Well, it makes 22 minutes feel like a slow 44 and it made me scribble down this note: 'Who greenlighted this? Seriously, do your fucking job.'" Fox canceled it. — T.G.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
THR's worst TV shows of the year:
  • 13 Reasons Why
  • "Bright and High Circle" from 'The Romanoffs' (the one where Matt Weiner takes on #MeToo)
  • Camping
  • Happy Together
  • Heathers
  • Here and Now
  • Insatiable
  • LA To Vegas
  • Ozark
  • Yellowstone
Eh I didn't like season two of Ozark as much as season one but the acting alone should preclude it from being on this list

Also fantastic news about The Last Kingdom! I can't wait. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Rhaknar

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how ozark makes that list. It's not anything special but it is more than competently made with good acting.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda liked LA To Vegas too. It wasn't the greatest show in the world but it had its moments. Peter Stormare was pretty good in it too.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't even realize Timeless's "wrap up" movie thing aired last week. I guess at least it's closure.

Man the shows you can tune in and tune out. I love the Love and List OG and JR edition.
there have been an a billion epsiodes of House Hunters and House Hunter international
Remember when Syfy had like 2 good nights of programming?
I was shocked Midnight got a second season.
I didn't even know it did until after I saw something about new episodes weeks later.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
How was Timeless? I'll be sure to watch if it's on Hulu.

The SP definitely provided a satisfying ending to the series. If you mean just the series in general, I enjoyed it a lot throughout. I'm a fan of time travel stories and the dynamic and acting for the main characters was a lot of fun. I liked the amount of serialization they wove into the procedural nature of the series, too.

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
THR's worst TV shows of the year:
  • 13 Reasons Why
  • "Bright and High Circle" from 'The Romanoffs' (the one where Matt Weiner takes on #MeToo)
  • Camping
  • Happy Together
  • Heathers
  • Here and Now
  • Insatiable
  • LA To Vegas
  • Ozark
  • Yellowstone
Ozark one of the worst? come on it was a bit different than S1 but still really good imo.

and yah LA to Vegas was stupid but it was actually funny enough to keep up with

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Eureka and WH13. They were simple, comfortable shows in the vein of the USA stuff like Burn Notice and Royal Pains.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Why is Comedy Central doing a Reno 911 marathon on New Year's Eve? That seems really random. The series has been over for almost a decade and they haven't aired the show in years. Did I miss news of a revival/reboot or something?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Comedy Central doing a Reno 911 marathon on New Year's Eve? That seems really random. The series has been over for almost a decade and they haven't aired the show in years. Did I miss news of a revival/reboot or something?
I was thinking the same thing. But how much else do they have? I don't watch a lot of Comedy Central but I only know of a few series they have rights to. I figured there must be a revival that I didn't know about. They do The Office a lot already. And maybe they weren't interested in doing an animated show marathon.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Viking Cops, Uber Drivers & Pristine Picket Fences: 10 Global Dramas To Watch For In 2019

Guess which country is the only one to score two (three, if we count being the lead creative on the pan-Europe one) entries on the list?

Okay, so misplaced and unearned nationalism aside, there's some neat entries on the list and I am very curious as to how Dröm will turn out. It's the second urban fantasy show set to air next year... and the less said about the first the better. Dröm is also from the creators of Jordksott which earned a cult audience in the UK and Sweden, but I wasn't able to get into.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You're putting too much thought into it. It's something to air that people might keep on in the background as they're getting ready to go out.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
You're putting too much thought into it. It's something to air that people might keep on in the background as they're getting ready to go out.

There are plenty of other shows they could air. They even got some of the cast back to film promos for the marathon. It just seems like a lot of effort to me for a show that ended 10 years ago and most people probably don't even remember.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Viking Cops, Uber Drivers & Pristine Picket Fences: 10 Global Dramas To Watch For In 2019

Guess which country is the only one to score two (three, if we count being the lead creative on the pan-Europe one) entries on the list?

Okay, so misplaced and unearned nationalism aside, there's some neat entries on the list and I am very curious as to how Dröm will turn out. It's the second urban fantasy show set to air next year... and the less said about the first the better. Dröm is also from the creators of Jordksott which earned a cult audience in the UK and Sweden, but I wasn't able to get into.

A couple of those sound interesting - can't wait for them to drop with little no notice after I've already made the TV thread that month.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I get Happy Together being listed as one of the worst. I watch it but won't argue that. It's entertaining enough, but not particularly good, and the parents (their writing, acting and overall characters) really hurt it.

It's too bad, because Victor Williams was really good as Deacon in King of Queens. Stephnie Weir is downright TERRIBLE.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of those sound interesting - can't wait for them to drop with little no notice after I've already made the TV thread that month.
Pfft, you can't promote shows with subtitles. Or was that a hint that I've been a bad boy when it comes to updating you on what's happening on the Euro side of things of TV 🤐

Bonus bit of info about Dröm, the director of the show was in a Swedish hip-hop group that was formed in 1991 so that makes him the second Swedish music artist who started out in 1991 and then turned to directing. The first being Stakka Bo (Johan renck) who is doing the upcoming HBO show Chernobyl.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Pfft, you can't promote shows with subtitles. Or was that a hint that I've been a bad boy when it comes to updating you on what's happening on the Euro side of things of TV 🤐

I always figure you'll let me know if anything really interesting is coming up - that you haven't in some time just tells me that the Euro side of TV is in shambles 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.