• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Geez. This show needs to end. Who else would be left at this point?

Of the original cast, Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride are locked in for 3 more years. I'm not sure about Lennie James, but he seems game to be on either show for however long they want him. They also said Danai will appear throughout the season, so her exit won't be quite as cold turkey as Andrew Lincoln's. At any rate, they're experiencing a creative resurgence this year so I'm not too concerned.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Also, no plans for season 3 of Big Little Lies.

Also, also, Confederate is still in development at HBO. lol
WasENG2.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
MEH indeed. I wonder if they'll keep up their phenomenal 10% decent episode ratio per season.

If they had a different set of writers handling every episode then it might be more interesting, but I think it's painfully obvious by now that Mark Duplass doesn't have very many good ideas in him.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
CW is rolling The 4400, LA Complex, and Good Christian Bitches to next pilot season:

For The 4400, the script could not be finished and delivered on time for this pilot cycle .

For The L.A. Complex, I hear the reasons were largely due to the numbers game involved in each round of pilot orders by the CW, which is co-owned by CBS and Warner Bros. and supplied by their studios, CBS TV Studios and Warner Bros. TV.

Both studios have to have parity in the CW's pilot orders, with Batwoman, which came out of the Arrowverse crossover, taking a spot for WBTV this year. The L.A. Complex, from Martin Gero, creator of the original L.A. Complex Canadian drama as well as of NBC's Blindspot, also is from WBTV. It became the "odd man out" after the CW ordered six pilots — three each from WBTV and CBS TV Studios. The network had to pickup another pilot from CBS TV Studios in order to greenlight The L.A. Complex, and I hear there was no obvious candidate. The network opted to roll the project to next season instead.

Good Christian Bitches - I hear the CW brass remain high on the underlying IP, with the producers expected to start from scratch and take another stab at turning it into a TV series next season.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Now Hawaii is on break too, what the fuck is going on in american tv.

why all the damn breaks.

pissing me off

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Now Hawaii is on break too, what the fuck is going on in american tv.

why all the damn breaks.

pissing me off

Football, State of the Union (which was postponed, so more show breaks had to get moved, again), and looks like last night was a Valentine's special on ABC. All sorts of things.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Daniel Dae Kim finally take a role in the show he executive produces.

22 to 24 episodes isn't enough episodes to have a new one every week from October to May.
My personal issue is just it being sporadic.
My SEAL Team comment for example.
Episode 10 - December 12th
Winter break -
Episode 11 -January 2nd
Episode 12 - January 9th
Off week -
Episode 13 - January 23rd
Off again
Episode 14 - March 13th

Last season was
Episode 9 - December 6
Winter break -
Episode 10 - January 3rd
Episode 11- January 10th
Episode 12 - January 17th
Off
Episode 13 - January 31st
Off
Episode 14 - February 28th
Episode 15- March 7th
off
Episode 16- March 21st
Episode 17- March 28th
off
Episode 18- April 11th
off
Episode 19- April 25
Episode 20 - May 2nd
Episode 21 - May 9th
Episode 22 - May 16th

Worse part about last year was it was 1 story arc that started before Christmas and nearly went the rest of the season.

Last edited:
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
TCA stop. Enough. We get it. TV is too much.

'Creepshow', Shudder's First Long-Form Original, Sets Stories From Sci-Fi Masters
The AMC Networks' premium streaming service for thriller, suspense and horror has started production in Atlanta, Ga. on the segments, which is its first long-form original TV series. The horror series is based on the 1982 anthology film written by Stephen King and directed by George A. Romero.

The series will premiere later this year. The announced segments and writers:
"Silvery Waters of Lake Champlain" by Joe Hill (NOS4A2)
"House of the Head" by Josh Malerman (Bird Box)
"The Companion" by Joe Lansdale (The Bottoms) [my note: the writer of the Hap & Leonard novels!)
"The Man in the Suitcase" by Christopher Buehlman (The Lesser Dead)
"All Hallows Eve" by Bruce Jones (The Hitchhiker)
"Night of the Paw" by John Esposito (The Walking Dead: Webisodes)
"Bad Wolf Down" by Rob Schrab (Monster House)
Kinda disappointing they couldn't get any women, I guess they subscribe to the (dumb) Jason Blum theory of horror.

AMC Opens Writers Room For '61st Street' Drama From Peter Moffat & Michael B. Jordan
AMC has opened a writers room for 61st Street, a potential drama series from BAFTA-winner Peter Moffat (Criminal Justice, The Night Of,), Michael B. Jordan's Outlier Society and AMC Studios. The project is being developed as part of AMC's "scripts-to-series" model, which opens writers' rooms to produce multiple backup scripts for pilot scripts the network is high on. In success, the projects that have gone through a writers room move to straight-to-series orders.
Moffat is showrunner and executive producer of 61st Street. Set in present-day Chicago, the drama follows Moses Johnson, a promising high school athlete, who is swept up into the infamously corrupt Chicago criminal justice system. Taken by the police as a gang member, he soon finds himself in the eye of the storm as police and prosecutors seek revenge for the death of an officer during a drug bust gone wrong. A timely examination of the institutional racism plaguing cities nationwide, "61st Street" plumbs the depths of systemic abuse happening in some of the country's most vulnerable communities.

English writer Moffat previously examined the American criminal justice system with The Night Of, HBO's adaptation of his British series Criminal Justice.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
More notes from AMC's TCA panel:

NOS4A2 will be paired with Fear the Walking Dead beginning in June.

A Discovery of Witches (which has been renewed for 2 more seasons) will air linearly on AMC and Sundance TV alongside Killing Eve season 2 after doing so well on Shudder and Sundance Now.

The debut of A Discovery of Witches smashed Sundance Now records for total video plays, with 30x increase in the streams of any previous premiere during its first week – a record number of minutes streamed – and accounted for more than half of all streaming activity on the platform. In anticipation of the series' premiere, total subscribers to Sundance Now alone increased by nearly 30% since the start of January. In addition, the week ending January 20 saw the largest number of new subscriptions, almost more than double the number added in any previous week. The series was also a monster hit in its Shudder debut, accounting for more minutes streamed than any on-demand film or series premiere in the service's history.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Bummer, I like Into the Badlands. It's been on hiatus forever and I was wondering if it was ever coming back. I really hope they don't end on a cliffhanger, but I don't have high hopes they tie everything up in 8 episodes.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer, I like Into the Badlands. It's been on hiatus forever and I was wondering if it was ever coming back. I really hope they don't end on a cliffhanger, but I don't have high hopes they tie everything up in 8 episodes.

It seems as though it was planned, based on the logline:

As the last episodes unfold long buried secrets will be revealed, new alliances will be forged, and the saga will climax in an epic battle to end all battles.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
A Discovery of Witches (which has been renewed for 2 more seasons) will air linearly on AMC and Sundance TV alongside Killing Eve season 2 after doing so well on Shudder and Sundance Now.
\o/ I'm always down for more people getting to experience Matthew Goode, those streaming numbers are kinda nuts (well not like Sundance Now was a major player in that space, but it beating out everything else on Shudder is kinda notable since Shudder has had some fairly high profile stuff hitting it).

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
\o/ I'm always down for more people getting to experience Matthew Goode, those streaming numbers are kinda nuts (well not like Sundance Now was a major player in that space, but it beating out everything else on Shudder is kinda notable since Shudder has had some fairly high profile stuff hitting it).
I know I'm quoting myself, shut the fuck up. But I just noticed someone at TV Guide is feeling me:

A Discovery of Witches Is Coming to AMC, So Here Are 19 GIFs of Matthew Goode's Face

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hows "Discovery of Witches"? Trailer looked intriguing, ratings are strong, series was renewed and I noticed no official thread here on Resetera. Didn't even know the show existed. Anyone watching? Any good?

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

The writing was on the wall for The Son - it hadn't aired since early 2017 and is based on a book with a finite premise, which I assume season 2 will reach the conclusion of. Plus, Pierce Brosnan only signed on for a couple seasons so it was never going to be a super long running show anyway. I'm curious to know how long S2 will be and why it took so long to produce though. An expanded episode order would explain it, though given AMC's penchant for split final seasons, I don't see why they wouldn't have just split it. I haven't read the book, so perhaps there's some greater logistical reason it took them so long...

Into the Badlands is somewhat of a surprise given that it's one of their highest rated shows, so their decision to end it seems like more of a creative choice than anything - though it was very expensive, so clearly it wasn't quite successful enough for them to push for more seasons.

Still, you gotta love AMC's willingness to give their shows proper endings. They've got probably the best track record in the industry for it, aside from Netflix (though the sheer number of shows they make skews their average).

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame about Into the Badlands, but I think it was expected. The show doesn't look like it's cheap to make and it doesn't get high ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.