• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...you win this time.

Anyway, first photos from "The Crown" S3:
tc_3892238989328932923.jpg

tc_437893494390450-453.jpg

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Showtime is developing an adaptation of fantasy drama Gormenghast from Doctor Who writer Toby Whithouse, Good Omens and American Gods' Neil Gaiman and A Beautiful Mind's Akiva Goldsman.

Deadline understands that the premium broadcaster has handed the adaptation, which is a co-production between American Gods producer Fremantle and the ViacomCBS-owned network, a script to series commitment and has opened a writers' room.

This comes after we revealed last year that the drama was being developed by showrunner Whithouse alongside exec producers Gaiman, Goldsman, Dante Di Loreto, Oliver Jones, Barry Spikings (The Deer Hunter) and David A. Stern (Howards End).

It marks the first television adaptation of the books since the BBC adapted the first two books – Titus Groan and Gormenghast – as a four-part series in 2000 with Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Christopher Lee starring.
The books follow the inhabitants of Castle Gormenghast, a sprawling, decaying, gothic-like structure with a raft of characters including Titus, the heir to the throne of the House of Groan, scheming kitchen boy Steerpike and twin sisters Cora and Clarice.

Showtime was able to board the adaptation – the latest big-budget fantasy drama to be in the works – as it falls outside of Gaiman's overall deal with Amazon. He told Deadline that he wanted to "take it to wherever will be the best home for it".
The Crown is a bonafide actual Netflix Original right? And supposed to be quite good on top? Strange that nobody ever mentions it in the usual Netflix... conversations let's call it.
You mean on era? Let's just go with your average era user is not the target audience for the show.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
People can clown on the WB and NBC streaming services all they want but at least they have decades of experience in the industry and a library of some shows that have been proven to have a dedicated streaming audience. Apple has none of that but thinks if they throw $80 million to Reese Witherspoon's production company, they'll somehow come out on top.

It's like when apple was going to make cars, and then they realized they were going to get their asses handed to them so bad it would harm the apple mystique

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More casting announced for Joss Whedon's "The Nevers":

Kiran Sonia Sawar — who co-starred with Andrea Riseborough in the Black Mirror Season 4 installment "Crocodile" — will be a series regular as Harriet Kaur, a young Scottish Sikh who lives at "the Orphanage," where the gifted Victorian women reside. "Optimistic without being naive, Harriet is determined to live her life as she planned, despite its increasing weirdness."

* Elizabeth Berrington (Good Omens) as Lucy Best, one of the Orphans. "Her quick wit and high spirits mask the pain of a tragic past."

* Ella Smith (Call the Midwife) as Desirée Blodgett, a whore whose supernatural gift "makes men tell her everything on their minds, and they come away relieved in more than one sense."

* Viola Prettejohn (Counterpart) as Myrtle Haplisch, a girl who can't speak who's "everyone's favorite weird little mascot" at the Orphanage.

* Anna Devlin (12 Monkeys) as Primrose Chattoway, a ten-foot-tall girl who just wants "to be a proper, ordinary girl, and not take up too much space."

Additionally, Martyn Ford (Kingsman: The Golden Circle) will recur as Nicolas Perbal, aka Odium, "the quintessential henchman" who "looks as unpleasant as he smells."

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
It's fantastic, but it hasn't been on in two years. But overall Era's not the target demo.
I think also because not many view positively on the Royal family in general but it's one of the best shows on the service. Will definitely miss all the previous actors and actresses. Claire Foy delivered one heck of a performance. Still very much looking forward to the next as they have some excellent cast.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings. The series finale of CBS's "Elementary" finished off in line with how it has been performing for the last couple of years, with a total of 3.12 million viewers and a 0.4 rating:

Fast-Demo-2019-Aug-15-THU.png

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Archer but with Elvis?

Netflix has given a series order to Agent King, an adult animated comedy series about the King himself, Elvis Presley, from Priscilla Presley, John Eddie, Sony Pictures Animation, Sony Pictures Television and Authentic Brands Group. ...

Co-created by Presley and Eddie, in the series, Elvis Presley trades in his white jumpsuit for a jet pack when he is covertly inducted into a secret government spy program to help battle the dark forces that threaten the country he loves — all while holding down his day job as the King Of Rock And Roll.

Presley and Eddie will executive produce with Authentic Brands Group's Jamie Salter. Mike Arnold (Archer) will serve as showrunner, writer, and executive producer. Fletcher Moules will serve as supervising director and co-executive producer.
It seems to be just that. Not sure how excited I am for it. Archer wore me the fuck out.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Certainly feels like within the next 5 years or so SyFy will be a zombie playlist channel of syndicated sci-fi content similar to G4.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Krypton was one of those mediocre comfort food shows I'd put in the background while browsing Era. Ah darn it. People talking and fighting and oh, there's that guy from Game of Thrones.

zou

Oct 29, 2017
Does Krypton end on a cliffhanger? Thinking of watching it, but not interested if there's no proper ending.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Syfy should just stop making new shows if they can't reliably keep them going. It's at the point where it's just not worth bothering anymore.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Krypton got canceled?

Does Krypton end on a cliffhanger? Thinking of watching it, but not interested if there's no proper ending.

This is what I want to know, as well. Watched the first season, haven't gotten through the second season yet. But don't want to bother if it doesn't have a proper ending of some sort.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017

'Krypton' Canceled After Two Seasons, Spinoff 'Lobo' Not Moving Forward On Syfy

I should have learned years ago to never get invested into a SyFy show but this just straight pisses me the fuck off. Hopefully it gets saved and ill wait for the next interesting syfy show to completely wrap before investing time.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I want to know, as well. Watched the first season, haven't gotten through the second season yet. But don't want to bother if it doesn't have a proper ending of some sort.

It resolves the main storyline for season 02 but still kind of a cliffhanger for the original reason the show started. I think its definitely worth a watch if you're interested in a futuristic civilization in decline with some nice nods to the Superman mythos. It has less relationship drama and stupid shit than a CW show at least and the CGI, costuming, villains, etc are amazing for this type of show.

Edit: forum quoting buggy af today

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
I knew Syfy would cancel Krypton as it's a good show. The network has gone down hill in recent years and I don't trust them anymore. It's always disappointing when a show that looks promising gets announced on Syfy because I never have hope it's going to last very long there.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YouTube basically cancels "Step Up: High Water" and "WAYNE", drops two pilots.

I have learned that the online video platform is not proceeding with new seasons of its drama series Step Up: High Water and comedy Wayne, and =is not going forward with drama pilot Dark Cargo and comedy pilot It's a Man's World.
Cobra Kai is safe though:
Following the string of cancellations and passes over the last few months, there are only three remaining scripted series that originated on YouTube Premium and will now transition to AVOD with their upcoming seasons. Topping the list is the hugely popular flagship Cobra Kai, which is headed into its third season and is expected to be a cornerstone of YouTube's new AVOD platform, as well as the upcoming second seasons of dramaImpulse and comedy Liza On Demand, the latter headlined by YouTube star Liza Koshy.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure most of these were dropped a while ago, though maybe it's just coming to light now.

YouTube Red/Premium in general was basically cancelled. The final nail is when their top executive went over to Amazon late last month (he's their new head of genre). I'm skeptical even the few remaining shows (due to pre-existing contracts) will keep going past these upcoming seasons even, barring possibly Cobra Kai which seems to be a special situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.