• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Odds of Warner doing something in the Matrix universe for HBO MAX? 🤔

I know they're technically separate but I'd be surprised if Sesame Street didn't show up on HBO Max.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Sesame Street stuff.

Nothing for HBO Max other than The Gremlins series

Is the Gremlins series something that's going to be aimed at kids? Or people who grew up with the movies?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kyle Patrick Alvarez to direct, exec. produce "Homcoming" S2 as Stephen James and Hong Chau return.
Alvarez will direct all episodes, taking over from Esmail, who helmed all episodes in Season 1. Homecoming is heading into a second season that will deviate from the popular Gimlet Media's podcast which Season 1 was based on and will introduce new characters.

Monáe's character provides a glimpse into the potential Season 2 mystery — she plays a woman who finds herself floating in a canoe, with no memory of how she got there — or even who she is.

In addition to James and Chau we'd been hearing that Bobby Cannavale and possibly Shea Whigham were looking good to return.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
BBC unveiled their drama slate for BBC One.

Roadkill (written by David Hare (Collateral), directed by Michael Keillor (Line Of Duty, Strike, Chimerica) is a four-part fictional thriller about a self-made, forceful and charismatic politician called Peter Laurence (Hugh Laurie). Peter's public and private life seems to be falling apart - or rather is being picked apart by his enemies. As the personal revelations spiral, he is shamelessly untroubled by guilt or remorse, expertly walking a high wire between glory and catastrophe as he seeks to further his own agenda whilst others plot to bring him down. However events show just how hard it is, for both an individual and a country, to leave the past behind. With enemies so close to home, can Peter Laurence ever out-run his own secrets to win the ultimate prize?
Inside Man from Bafta and Emmy award-winning writer Steven Moffat (Dracula, Sherlock, Doctor Who).
In this four-part mini-series produced by Hartswood Films for BBC One, a prisoner on death row in the US and a woman trapped in a cellar under an English vicarage, cross paths in the most unexpected way…
When It Happens To You is made by the producers of Three Girls, the BBC's multi-award winning account of the grooming scandal in Rochdale. Its writer Gwyneth Hughes (Doing Money, Vanity Fair) explores the emotive issues around abortion in Northern Ireland and the experience of families and their loved ones whose lives have been profoundly affected by it.
Ridley Road, written and adapted for television by award-winning writer Sarah Solemani (Barry, Aphrodite Fry), from the critically acclaimed novel by Jo Bloom
Ridley Road is a thriller set against the backdrop of a swinging sixties London we haven't seen: an East End world where far right fascism is on the rise. When Vivien Epstein follows her lover into danger and he is caught between life and death, Vivien finds herself going undercover with the fascists, not only for him but for the sake of her country.
Nice to see another David Hare series, and nice to see Moffat tackling something down to earth.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Anyone have any inside info on release dates for any of these:

Search Party
The Guest Book
Castle Rock
Mr. Robot
Fargo
Castlevania
Jack Ryan

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Aug-21-WED.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like Paul Rudd, but wish there were more of him? Well, Netflix has solved your issue with its new 8-ep show "Living With Yourself", releasing 10/18!
the Ant-Man star plays Miles, a struggling man who starts an innovative spa treatment to become a better person and finds he's been replaced by an improved version of himself. The eight-episode comedy, which premieres Oct. 18, will follow Miles' fight for his identity, career and wife (Aisling Bea). The first-look photos (see below) show two oppositely dressed Rudds going through the character's day-to-day-life.

living_with_yourself_still_3_embed.jpg

living_with_yourself_still_4_embed.jpg

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
FX Developing Horror Thriller 'The Bridgewater Triangle'
In a competitive situation, FX has acquired The Bridgewater Triangle, a short story by Brian Miller, for television series development, with Noah Hawley and his 26 Keys executive producing. Miller is attached to write the pilot. The project falls under Hawley's overall deal with FX and FX Productions.

The premise: Everyone's heard of the Bermuda Triangle, but there's a far more terrifying place known as The Bridgewater Triangle in southeastern Massachusetts. It's an actual area of well-documented supernatural activity that covers 17 small towns and 200 square miles of New England. The Bridgewater Triangle is an apocalyptic horror thriller set in these small towns. When a massive paranormal event strikes these 17 communities simultaneously, it turns these idyllic towns upside down and affects thousands of lives. Three estranged siblings must somehow survive and come together in the chaos as the only ones who can stop it.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Ringer alumna Sarah Michelle Gellar is eying a return to primetime. Gellar has reteamed with Ringer creators Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder for dramedy Other People's Houses, which has been set at Fox for development. Gellar will star and executive produce the project, based on the book by Abbi Waxman.
Written by Charmelo and Snyder, Other People's Houses, which has a script commitment, is described as a suburban dramedy, somewhere between Big Little Lies and Catastrophe. It is the story of nine people… living on a bucolic street… in the quiet, affluent neighborhood of Larchmont Village in Los Angeles. Using the lens of social media, our characters navigate their way through emotional ups and downs, as they try to figure out their lives as partners, parents, friends, and neighbors. And in the middle of the block — and the center of the drama — are our two main characters, two mothers (one stay-at-home, one working) Frances Bloom and Anne Porter, played by Gellar.
I hope it's good, would be nice to see SMG in something again.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
"have to pay"

Except they won't. The streaming future is nowhere near as bad, expensive, frustrating, restrictive, etc as the hey day of cable was.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These articles are a dime a dozen. They're based on the premise that people have to have everything and don't ever drop or change out services.
There's also the fact that even people who do have everything are still going to end up paying less than if they "had everything" in the cable days.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Everyone just subscribes to a couple services and shared passwords with friends and family who sub to different services. Or you subscribe to one service for a couple months, watch what you want on it, then cancel and switch to a different service with shows you're interested in.

So I doubt many people are gonna drop like $60 per month on half a dozen streamers and be right back where we all were a decade ago with cable.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

Disney+ has abruptly pulled the plug on one of the high-profile original series in the works at the streaming service, Book of Enchantment, an adaptation of the Villains book series by Serena Valentino featuring some of Disney's most popular villains.

I hear the decision was largely creative, related to show's tone and direction. It came down yesterday when the project was shut down 13 weeks into a writers room where a team had been working on scripts.

Book of Enchantment had been in the works at Disney+ for almost a year. While it had not been formally greenlighted, budget conversations had been progressing, producers had scouted locations, expensive pay-or-play staffing deal(s) had been made, and a May 2020 production start in the UK had been eyed.

Book of Enchantment likely faced more intense scrutiny than other Disney+ shows because of its IP involving characters that are very important to the Disney canon. I hear as backup scripts started to come in, executives at the streaming platform felt the series was going into a darker direction than anticipated.

Disney brass have been open about the brand identity of Disney+ as family-oriented service, something all of its programming has to conform with. In the spring, Disney+'s High Fidelity series reboot starring Zoë Kravitz moved to Hulu because the project had evolved creatively into more adult subject matter. Disney+'s upcoming High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, switched showrunners and made creative changes earlier this year in part because the original showrunner was looking to tackle more adult themes.

With Book of Enchantment, I hear an effort was made for a mid-stream creative direction shift, trying to bring back some levity in tone while keeping the project going and the writers room open. As part of the efforts to find a path forward, producer Jason Reed was brought in after July 4 to help out. I hear that when the latest script came in this week and its tone was still darker than Disney+ executives wanted it to be, a decision was made to put an end of the project in this incarnation.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously...

By the end of the year, HBO will have wrapped:

Game of Thrones
Veep
Silicon Valley
Ballers
Crashing
Divorce
The Deuce
Vice
Wyatt Cenac's Problem Areas

That's a lot of holes to fill next year!
They won't have a problem. Next year they will still have (at least):
  • Avenue 5
  • Barry
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Euphoria
  • Game of Thrones Prequel*
  • His Dark Materials
  • Los Espookys
  • Lovecraft Country
  • Run
  • Succession
  • The Nevers
  • The New Pope
  • The Righteous Gemstones
  • The Third Day
  • Watchmen
  • Westworld
Not to mention more stuff slated for 2021 and beyond, plus the brand merge with HBO Max and their originals.

*Might actually slip to 2021

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Plus even more miniseries like The Outsider, Perry Mason, The Plot Against America, The Undoing, We Are Who We Are, and I Know This Much Is True. All of those have been confirmed for next year or been shooting for a bit.

and Gentlemen Jack will return at some point.

There's a lot of turnover, but a whole lot coming.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
  • Avenue 5
  • Barry
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Euphoria
  • His Dark Materials
  • Los Espookys
  • Lovecraft Country
  • Run
  • Succession
  • The Nevers
  • The New Pope
  • The Third Day
  • Watchmen
  • Westworld
Not to mention more stuff slated for 2021 and beyond, plus the brand merge with HBO Max and their originals.

Plus even more miniseries like The Outsider, Perry Mason, The Plot Against America, The Undoing, We Are Who We Are, and I Know This Much Is True. All of those have been confirmed for next year or been shooting for a bit.

and Gentlemen Jack will return at some point.

There's a lot of turnover, but a whole lot coming.

They have a lot of stuff coming but will any of it catch on with critics or audiences 🤔

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, The New Pope is still a thing? I thought it was a one and done meme show. lol
1) The Young Pope was genuinely fantastic.
2) How could you not have heard of this, John Malkovich, Sharon Stone, and Marilyn Manson all join for the second coming. Also
01-jude-law.jpg

like, there is no defence for not knowing, and not being excited for this.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
  • Avenue 5
  • Barry
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Euphoria
  • His Dark Materials
  • Los Espookys
  • Lovecraft Country
  • Run
  • Succession
  • The Nevers
  • The New Pope
  • The Third Day
  • Watchmen
  • Westworld

High Maintenance
Room 104
True Detective?

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
"have to pay"

Except they won't. The streaming future is nowhere near as bad, expensive, frustrating, restrictive, etc as the hey day of cable was.

It's not........ now. I've been on PS Vue for almost two years and while it's been pretty good, loss of channels and price increases are wearing on me. Let alone Viacom pulling all their channels from anything that is not a traditional cable/satellite company. In order to get the most for your dollar if you want a lot of mainstream cable channels, you need a bundle. Ala Carte really isn't a thing right now, in any affordable way. I mean CBS' streaming service is what, $7 a month? For one channel. If you watch 10 channels that's $70. And I know I watch more than that. My Vue bundle is $55 but I don't get HBO or any Viacom channels like Nickelodeon or Comedy Central with that. HBO is $15 more. No way to get Viacom stuff other than to sub to yet another bundle like Philo, so that's another $20 or something. It adds up.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
with regard to lady and the tramp - i don't understand why now everything needs a live action remake. you're bankrupt on ideas, Disney. Unless they are, as I suspect, just trying to keep the copyrights.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
There won't be a new season of True Detective next year. It'll probably happen eventually but they aren't rushing into it until they have a good solid idea.

I figured. I'm only on ep 4 of Season 3, since we got side tracked and it's such a serious show that we kinda put it off. Same with finishing Billions this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.