• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah my own research led to that and track.tv. I'll probably give it a shot if the UI being clumsy is the biggest complaint.

Edit: Actually just tried it. Can't stand it. I can't believe you can't tell it not to automatically put shows in the watchlist. I stopped watching these shows for a reason. I don't have time to compulsively finish everything!
I just use the following site that was shared in these threads back on GAF which presents all of my shows on a calendar. Add which shows you're watching and check off each episode as you watch them. It lists streaming shows that drop all at the same time as one episode per day until it lists every episode so it doesn't overload a single day with all the episodes. I also have it list the series premiere of shows I don't follow in case there's something I didn't know about or forgot to add. If you take a show off your watch list after watching and checking off a bunch of episodes then later change your mind and put it back on your watch list then it saves which episodes you've already checked off. It also gives you a total of how many episodes you have and haven't watched yet and how much time you've spent watching your shows. The site isn't perfect but I like it.

https://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Mar-05.TUE_.png

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if this is something everybody but me knew about, but I found a site with some really in-depth and interesting articles about the TV business, mostly from a business perspective but not boringly so. The Netflix Misunderstandings series in particular was extremely interesting to me, and the HBO ones were also really good. They're written by Matthew Ball, former head of strategy at Amazon Studios.

https://redef.com/originals

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Michael Schur Inks Mega New Overall Deal To Stay At Universal Television
In a competitive situation with multipole studios bidding, top comedy creator-producer Michael Schur has opted to stay at his longtime home, Universal Television, with a massive new multi-year overall deal.

Keeping Emmy winner Schur, who is behind three NBC series as well as an NBC pilot, has been hugely important for NBCUniversal, and I hear the company's top brass got involved in wooing him to stay. Noone would comment on the terms but I hear the deal is for five years and is worth in the neighborhood of $25 million a year.
Gotta love all those Deadline typos.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if this is something everybody but me knew about, but I found a site with some really in-depth and interesting articles about the TV business, mostly from a business perspective but not boringly so. The Netflix Misunderstandings series in particular was extremely interesting to me, and the HBO ones were also really good. They're written by Matthew Ball, former head of strategy at Amazon Studios.

I've only read the Netflix Midsunderstandings posts, but I'd recommend those at the very least. I should dig into the HBO ones, too.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More news coming in about Apple's streaming platform.
This includes Apple CEO Tim Cook reportedly providing his own notes for content creators, with, uh, interesting suggestions. "Tim Cook is giving notes and getting involved," said a producer. The source goes on to explain that the most common note received from Cook is "don't be so mean!"
"They want a positive view of technology," the producer said.

While you may be initially shocked at the mandate to only present technology in a positive light, it does make sense, considering Apple is in the business of selling expensive technology. So yeah, not the craziest idea.

But it's not just the guidelines that are worrying producers and other filmmakers. According to the source, it's the way that Apple deals with turnover that is a bit worrisome, as well. "They are making big changes, firing and hiring new writers. There's a lack of clarity on what they want," the producer said. "A lot of the product is not as good as they hoped it to be."
What a fucking shitshow and a half.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Brie Larson To Headline CIA Drama Series For Apple
A high-profile drama series toplined by Captain Marvel star Brie Larson has landed at Apple with a straight-to-series order. The untitled female-focused CIA drama based on Amyrillis Fox's upcoming memoir, starring and executive produced by Oscar winner Larson, comes from Lynette Howell Taylor's 51 Entertainment and Michael Ellenberg's Media Res.

Megan Martin (Animal Kingdom) is in final negotiations to write and executive produce the series, which draws upon the real-life experiences of CIA undercover operative Amaryllis Fox and her upcoming memoir Undercover: Coming of Age in the CIA. The drama is described as a provocative and contemporary look at a young woman's journey in the CIA, told through the prism of her closest relationships.

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...der-global-kids-and-young-adults-unit/.144220

I feel like Warner doesn't have the best take on demographics. The term "young adult" doesn't exactly make you think of anyone over 20, really.

Their streaming service feels like it might end up being a huge mish-mash of content.

I'm sure there are aware that some 20-somethings will consume the content, but I'd imagine the vast majority of the audience are young adults younger than 20. I don't really see a problem with it.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'Mad About You' Revival Starring Paul Reiser & Helen Hunt Picked Up By Spectrum Originals
The long-in-the-works Mad About You revival with original stars Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt has found a home. Charter Communications' premium content platform, Spectrum Originals, has picked up the new Mad About You to air as a limited series. The half-hour comedy, from showrunner Peter Tolan and Sony Pictures Television, is slated for a late 2019 launch.

Hunt will direct the first episode of the revival, with Danny Jacobson, who co-created the original series with Reiser, serving as an executive consultant.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

I've read some of his stuff in the past, he is great at breaking things down. His latest article does a really good job in explaining how Netflix really doesn't need to worried in 2019 (as much as some articles speculate) with the upcoming flood of streaming services coming.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
More news coming in about Apple's streaming platform.

"They are making big changes, firing and hiring new writers. There's a lack of clarity on what they want," the producer said. "A lot of the product is not as good as they hoped it to be."

Everything is fine.

"Provocative and contemporary", huh?

They can still be provocative and keep it PG!

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Run': HBO Gives Series Order To Comedic Thriller Starring Domhnall Gleeson & Merritt Wever From 'Fleabag' Duo & eOne
HBO has picked up to series Run, its romantic comedic thriller pilot starring Domhnall Gleeson and Merritt Wever, from Fleabag and Killing Eve creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge and her frequent collaborator Vicky Jones. Waller-Bridge has a recurring role in the project, which hails from Entertainment One, Jones and Waller-Bridge's DryWrite and Wigwam Films.

Written by Jones, Run centers on Ruby (Wever), a woman living a humdrum existence who one day gets a text inviting her to fulfill a youthful pact, promising true love and self-reinvention, by stepping out of her life to take a journey with her oldest flame (Gleeson).

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The end of an era.

I do wonder if this means they'll shuffle the cast members among the different shows or keep them in the universe with some kind of broader CW-verse contract.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Luther S5 is out March 15th on Netflix for us non-british Euros. Thats also the release date for Turn Up Charlie, so double the Idris, and also Queer Eye season 3 and Love Death and robots.

Everything on the 15th >_>

Nov 1, 2017
Some sketchy comics news site posted a story last week saying that next season would be the last for Arrow and also for Legends of Tomorrow. Didn't think much of it at the time but now that announcement about the former has me wondering about the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.