• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017

Damn...End of an era for the CW. Even though the show has had it's lows, I've always enjoyed it. It won't be the same not having it there each week.

Wish they could at least finish it out with a full season.

As a huge Flash fan, the less said about Flash the better

Another big fan of The Flash, but not sure how I feel now with the rumors of Carlos Valdes leaving. The rumors seem pretty solid, but I hope it's not true. The Flash without Cisco really doesn't sound fun at all.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Damn...End of an era for the CW. Even though the show has had it's lows, I've always enjoyed it. It won't be the same not having it there each week.

Wish they could at least finish it out with a full season.

Another big fan of The Flash, but not sure how I feel now with the rumors of Carlos Valdes leaving. The rumors seem pretty solid, but I hope it's not true. The Flash without Cisco really doesn't sound fun at all.
It's getting an abbreviated run for story reasons. Makes sense.

The Carlos rumor was reported by multiple places so I suspect it's true. And honestly the show isn't that fun with Cisco. S3 ruined him and he hasn't been the same since.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
2018-19 Season TV Cancellations/Pilots: Stephen Amell and Clark Gregg pass the torch

I really hope Agents of Shield/Arrow get a title. It's an end of an era.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wow! I didn't see Arrow ending anytime soon. This is kind of a surprise. Honestly, I'd rather have The Flash end than Arrow, but I wonder how long that and the other DC shows will go on for.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Y-i-k-e-s
Y-e-s
It's the best I can think of. I hope someone else can think of a better title to commemorate the two shows.
I hope you don't actually have expectations that my titles are gonna be good. I mean, I nearly went with a really bad Skyrim meme reference joke thing in the title, and I always hated those myself.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
"I used to be an Agent like you, but then I took an Arrow to the timeslot"?
Nearly there!
"I used to be a Superhero on the CW but then I took a [] to the knee"
and then I hadn't really decided if I should just stick the actual name of the show in the title or some other dumb joke.

I'm still kinda upset that I didn't get to use the actually good* ones good ones I prepared during last year's bloodbath for some of the bubble shows:
"It's not just Bruce Wayne's parents who are dead" for Gotham
"CW cancells its one good comic book show" for iZombie

*may not actually be good

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I foresee Flash tanking very quickly if the rumoured cast departures are true, though (unless they plan to pull characters from Arrow to fill the voids).

Cast departures? As in plural? Who else have you heard besides Carlos Valdes?

Edit: Oh wow, now Panabaker as well? The show's going to go to shit. And before anyone can say it, no, it already hasn't.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Mar-06.WED_.png

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
FX To Turn Don Winslow's Epic Cartel Drug War Novel Trilogy Into TV Series
FX Networks has landed the rights to turn Don Winslow's acclaimed Cartel Trilogy into a TV series. The series will encompass Winslow's 2005 novel The Power of the Dog, the 2015 followup The Cartel, and the just published conclusion, The Border. Latter book, which The New York Times called "a hybrid of The Godfather and War and Peace," and "this generation's defining work of American mass-culture storytelling on the border," just debuted on the NYT bestseller lists in the number three slot. The deal was made by John Landgraf, CEO of FX Networks and FX Productions.

Winslow and Shane Salerno will be Executive Producers. Salerno will co-write the pilot with a writer/showrunner to be set shortly. FX is producing with The Story Factory. Ridley Scott will also serve as an Executive Producer. While Winslow and Salerno will not be day-to-day showrunners, they will be closely involved in shaping and sustaining the series.

The book trilogy spans a 45 year period and follows a DEA agent named Art Keller through America's long running war on drugs. The through line is a blood feud between the DEA agent and Mexican drug kingpin Adan Berrera. Much like the actual drug war, the books are often shocking in brutality and raw in humanity, portraying Mexican cartel power struggles, narcos and cops on both sides of the border, traffickers and drug mules, lawyers, journalists, junkies, teen hit men, asylum-seeking children and political corruption from Mexico poppy fields to the White House.
Sounds like a good fit for FX.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying for ages they needed to get with the times. Nevermind controlling the actual interface building in house (which the article states they're only now finally doing) but having 4k content, a service that doesn't constantly freeze or stutter, etc. It's an elegant layout but the actual product doesn't make it through half the time. I rewatched Band of Brothers last month and it was blurry lo-res through half the episodes. Meanwhile on my same connection I can stream UHD on Vudu or 4K through Netflix without a hitch

All this is separate from their actual creative content which I still hold in very high esteem. Hopefully AT&T doesn't rock the boat too much there

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carlton Cuse steps down as showrunner of "Jack Ryan" S3.
Carlton Cuse, who had been the main creative force behind reviving Paramount's Jack Ryan franchise as a TV series, is stepping back from day-to-day showrunner duties after two seasons. He will remain involved as an executive producer on the action drama, starring and executive produced by John Krasinski. A search will be launched for a new showrunner.

Cuse is now expected to focus his attention on his Netflix series, Locke & Key, which he also shepherded to the screen, as well as his development under the big overall deal he has at ABC Studios, including two high-profile projects at the upcoming direct-to-consumer platform Disney+ as well as Atlas, a futuristic sci-fi Western he has in the works at Amazon with Prison Break creator Paul Scheuring.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not really surprised about Arrow. This is the first season I've actively dropped. I really wasn't feeling it.

Ricardo Diaz was terrible, The interesting characters fled the show years ago. Diggle got character assassinated, Mr Terrific was awful from inception and Wild Dog was meh but the bogged down nature of the story was the final straw for me. I'd have preferred it if they just amped up the bad guys and put oliver in more actually threatening situations in a similar vein to Daredevil instead of making him mayor and shit

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yep, that's the one I meant. Thanks for your reply! Are you watching Charmed or Roswell? I'm interested in those also.
I didn't care about Charmed after watching the first episode but I really like Roswell. They've taken elements of the original and twisted them in great ways and ageing everyone up 10 years was a great idea.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care about Charmed after watching the first episode but I really like Roswell. They've taken elements of the original and twisted them in great ways and ageing everyone up 10 years was a great idea.

That sounds great to me, especially with the TVD team involved. Thanks for the impressions. Have you been watching The Passage? I'm surprised how great it has been.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I hated Whiskey Cavalier after 10 minutes, stuck it out to the end of the pilot, still hated it. Typical big network procedural formula. No shortage of supremely dumb moments and people in serious situations not being serious. The chemistry between Lauren Cohen and Foley was good. Other than that, hugely disappointing.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I hated Whiskey Cavalier after 10 minutes, stuck it out to the end of the pilot, still hated it. Typical big network procedural formula. No shortage of supremely dumb moments and people in serious situations not being serious. The chemistry between Lauren Cohen and Foley was good. Other than that, hugely disappointing.

Yeah I watched the pilot, too, and it blew. I agree with not liking everyone being very casual in very serious situations. It's like they're trying to have a Burn Notice type of vibe, but Burn Notice knew when to be serious and when to be crass, at least early on in the series. Whiskey Cavalier doesn't.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I watched the 2nd episode of Whiskey Cavalier this afternoon and the plot was so obvious I wasn't even surprised by the twist. I don't think it's gonna make it but I'm gonna keep watching because I like the actors they casted but it's basically an odd couple mad cap espionage comedy/action show. He's soft and sensitive, she's tough and mysterious.

Eh.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
You guys seemed to last longer than me for Whiskey Cavalier. Pretty sure it was at 8 minutes when I couldn't go any further. Never even saw Lauren on screen. Didn't care for anything I saw.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I watched the pilot, too, and it blew. I agree with not liking everyone being very casual in very serious situations. It's like they're trying to have a Burn Notice type of vibe, but Burn Notice knew when to be serious and when to be crass, at least early on in the series. Whiskey Cavalier doesn't.

It's...they took the Scrubs/Bill Lawrence vibe and stapled it to a spy procedural. I'm still so confused as to how the show got greenlit.

Status
Not open for further replies.