• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
today in dammit let it die news:
'Bodyguard' Creator Jed Mercurio Is "Optimistic" About Second Season Of BBC/Netflix Terror Thriller
Bodyguard creator Jed Mercurio is "optimistic" that there will be a second season of the breakout British terror drama.

The British writer revealed that he is hopeful of a return to the BBC drama, which was a huge ratings hit in the UK and aired on Netflix around the world. He revealed that he was currently in talks to bring the show back.

Speaking at the INTV conference in Israel, he said, "It would be great if there was a second season. We'd love to do more. We appreciate there's a real hunger from fans to watch it. There are a lot of logistics in terms of setting up a second season and we're just working through those."
Sure Mercurio is one of the most talented writers around, and if anyone could do a season 2 of the show it would be him. But I still want shows to have endings, not everything needs more than one season.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
today in dammit let it die news:
'Bodyguard' Creator Jed Mercurio Is "Optimistic" About Second Season Of BBC/Netflix Terror Thriller

Sure Mercurio is one of the most talented writers around, and if anyone could do a season 2 of the show it would be him. But I still want shows to have endings, not everything needs more than one season.
I agree with your sentiment, however in this case with Bodyguard I think it's fine. It's not so different to 24 or Luther. You could have new VIP's, plots and Big Bad each season, at least for two or three seasons, building up to being the protection for the PM perhaps.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
I... I did not expect this one:
New 'Orphan Black' Series in Development at AMC
Variety has learned from sources that a new series set in the "Orphan Black" universe is currently in the early development stages at AMC. Temple Street Productions, which produced the original series, is onboard to produce the new series as well.
Sources stressed, however, that this would not be a spinoff or reboot of the original series, but rather a completely new story set in the same world. The producers are currently seeking a writer for the project and are looking to bring in multiple people to pitch different takes on what the show could be.
Cautiously optimistic!

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that's interesting. A lot needs to go right (writer, casting) for this to work, but why not?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of terrible ideas related to "Orphan Black", the hell happened to "Snowpiercer"? It's been years, YEARS, since its filming. I'd hope there's some expose in the works detailing what the hell happened to derail it.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of terrible ideas related to "Orphan Black", the hell happened to "Snowpiercer"? It's been years, YEARS, since its filming. I'd hope there's some expose in the works detailing what the hell happened to derail it.
Kevin Reilly had a few comments on it in February. Sounds like it's completed (he says he's seen the whole season), but the fact that they're "just playing with the timing of when it airs" along with the showrunner swap doesn't bode well.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix & Shawn Levy's 21 Laps Developing 'All The Light We Cannot See' Novel As Limited Series
Netflix and Shawn Levy's 21 Laps (Stranger Things, Arrival) have acquired the rights to Anthony Doerr's Pulitzer Prize-winning bestseller All The Light We Cannot See to develop into a limited series, Deadline hears.

All the Light We Cannot See tells the story of Marie-Laure, a blind French teenager, and Werner, a German soldier, whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II. A writer is not yet attached to the project.

Amy Adams Inks First-Look Deal With HBO; Starts Production Company, Developing 'Poisonwood Bible'
Amy Adams has signed a first-look deal with HBO and launched new production company Bond Group Entertainment with her manager Stacy O'Neil. HBO also announced the first project under the deal, Poisonwood Bible, based on the Barbara Kingsolver novel, which is being developed as a limited series. In addition, Bond Group has tapped former Starz exec Kathleen Clifford as its VP of TV Development.

Co-written by Anya Epstein (The Affair, In Treatment) and Kingsolver, Poisonwood Bible, based on Kingsolver's novel, follows Orleanna Price, the wife of an evangelical missionary who takes her and their four daughters to the Belgian Congo in the midst of colonial upheaval in 1959. What follows is a suspenseful epic of tragic undoing and remarkable reconstruction in the interlocked fates of one family and a newly independent African nation.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Noah Hawley Says He's Ready To Pounce On FX's 'Cat's Cradle' Limited Series Next Year

"Probably not airing in 2020, but filming in 2020," he said during a panel at the Austin Convention Center.

Hawley said Tuesday he has finished a first script and believes it will be a seven- or eight-hour limited series. The news about his intention to create a Cat's Cradle series for FX, where Hawley has an overall deal, was first announced in 2015 (!).

"You look at Vonnegut who is an original voice and played with tone and structure and told a story that managed to be a science fiction, comedic adventure about the end of the world that actually plays off the dropping of the bomb on Hiroshima," Hawley said. "So it's very exciting to do. I just haven't been doing it very quickly."

Finally, I thought this was dead.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Claudia Black is on Roswell and her American accent is fucking with me mentally.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
It's one of my favorite feel good shows. It's criminal how underrated it is.
It's one of the few long-running Netflix shows that I feel has yet to outstay its welcome or have a significant shark-jumping point. It's very well-written, funny, and increasingly relevant, and also criminally underrated.
The writing is so rich & dense, and the performances are brilliant. Plus, despite the fact that it's a vehicle for the two (sensational) leads, all the characters are funny and interesting, and nothing is thrown away. I love the world they've created.

Also, Lily Tomlin is a genius and she must live forever.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings...so, what is "Videos After Dark" and how was it?:

Fast-Demo-2019-Mar-12.TUE_.png

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss a bunch of sitcoms and shows ending their seasons on network already? Seems like a bunch of reality trash is running on weeknight now.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Did I miss a bunch of sitcoms and shows ending their seasons on network already? Seems like a bunch of reality trash is running on weeknight now.
Some network shows I watch ended the past few weeks.

Manifest (NBC)
Lethal Weapon (FOX)
The Gifted (FOX)
How To Get Away With Murder (ABC)

And a few CW shows will be ending next week and the week after.

Black Lightning
All American
Legacies

Probably more but I don't care enough to look up if anything else ended.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Manifest (NBC)
Lethal Weapon (FOX)
The Gifted (FOX)

Black Lightning
All American
Legacies

Oh I first read this and thought "ended" meant "cancelled". Yeah just the early fall aired shows finished their season runs.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017

Manifest (NBC)
Lethal Weapon (FOX)
The Gifted (FOX)

Black Lightning
All American
Legacies

In addition to the ones Fuzzy listed, This is Us ended last night, The Passage ended on Monday, and A Million Little Things ended a couple weeks ago

Edit: my mistake, This is Us didn't end yet.

Last edited:

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Why are shows ending in mid-March? Has this been happening for a few years and I just never noticed? I thought it was usually late April/May.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Why are shows ending in mid-March? Has this been happening for a few years and I just never noticed? I thought it was usually late April/May.
With less episodes per season and less breaks/repeats this is happening more every year. Also, spring/summer seasons are becoming more common.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

I've noticed fewer breaks and some shorter seasons. If anything, this season seemed to have a lot more fall shows start in Jan instead.

Edit: beat

Status
Not open for further replies.