• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Oh I didn't watch. All clip TV is schedule filler. I used to work in that world, so the news of the spinoff caught my eye.

I skimmed past this last night and found the host so obnoxious that it was physically impossible for me to not mash the channel button on the remote.

Oh I see. Yeah, that sounds like grade A filler material. Lol.

The writing is so rich & dense, and the performances are brilliant. Plus, despite the fact that it's a vehicle for the two (sensational) leads, all the characters are funny and interesting, and nothing is thrown away. I love the world they've created.

I finished season 2 not too long ago and am pretty happy with the show so far. The season 1 episode where they go to the frozen yogurt shop, though, almost made me quit altogether. What a waste of an episode that was. Fortunately, it looks like they don't have any other episodes like that so I should be fine.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A spin-off is when you take a character from a show and create a new show with it.

It will probably be a completely new character that we never saw in Orphan Black.
Your definition, and what this show is going to be, are both examples of spin-offs. A Spin-off of something does not have to have any character that appeared in the original at all, just be set in the same world. At least, that's the most common way the word is used.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Your definition, and what this show is going to be, are both examples of spin-offs. A Spin-off of something does not have to have any character that appeared in the original at all, just be set in the same world. At least, that's the most common way the word is used.
I know, but right now in the TV world, I think the most common way it is used is when a character gets its own show.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Mar-13.WED_.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YOU FUCKERS WATCHED THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY OVER THIS BEAUTIFUL HEARTFELT SITCOM THAT SHOULD HAVE RUN FOR TEN SEASONS.

YOU DID THIS.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Should I watch ODaaT? If it ends on a cliffhanger or unresolved part I'm not sure I want to bother with it but if the thread thinks its worthwhile with what it has out already then I will put it on my list.

First look at "Tuca & Bertie", starring Ali Wong, Steven Yeun, and Tiffany Haddish.

IDK if this can really count as NSFW or not but part of the trailer took me by surprise lol. I'll check it out when it comes out. I wish Netflix had an alert system I could use to tell me when seasons of stuff I watch are updated or when upcoming new series release. Maybe there is and I'm missing something.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix debuts so much fucking content and never advertises any of it, instead relying on The Algorithm(tm) and word of mouth to boost viewership. They're just turning into a traditional broadcast network.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I watch ODaaT? If it ends on a cliffhanger or unresolved part I'm not sure I want to bother with it but if the thread thinks its worthwhile with what it has out already then I will put it on my list.
The season (now series) finale honestly ties it all together quite well, and is satisfying enough.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Netflix debuts so much fucking content and never advertises any of it, instead relying on The Algorithm(tm) and word of mouth to boost viewership. They're just turning into a traditional broadcast network.
Broadcast networks cross advertise other shows during the credits instead of just telling us to watch the next episode. Netflix is dumb.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THEY GAVE ALTERED FUCKING CARBON A SEASON 2 AND THAT SHOW WAS MEDIOCRE AS HELL.

ODAAT HAD A TENTH THE BUDGET AND TEN TIMES THE ACCLAIM.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018

Yeah, but what did that new Afflek/Issacs movie cost them? I mean, how in the ever-loving **** does that pay off for them? Isn't it just more proof that Netflix is just stupid with its money?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Broadcast networks cross advertise other shows during the credits instead of just telling us to watch the next episode. Netflix is dumb.

This really does seem to be one of the biggest problems with Netflix. The platform really only has two opportunities to market to users: right when they boot the app up, and at the end of an episode, and the end of an episode is always an ad for the next one (if even that).

The UI is too clunky and unintuitive to promote active browsing for content, especially when the THE ALGORITHM promotes re-watching old stuff over new stuff, so entire shows and movies are just going completely unwatched unless they somehow generate Bird Box-level word of mouth.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This really does seem to be one of the biggest problems with Netflix. The platform really only has two opportunities to market to users: right when they boot the app up, and at the end of an episode, and the end of an episode is always an ad for the next one (if even that).

The UI is too clunky and unintuitive to promote active browsing for content, especially when the THE ALGORITHM promotes re-watching old stuff over new stuff, so entire shows and movies are just going completely unwatched unless they somehow generate Bird Box-level word of mouth.
I also hate they keep showing me shows I've already watched. I already watched all the episodes, why the fuck are they continuing to recommend the show to me?

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017

Yeah, if I'm going to watch a new Netflix show, it's because of word of mouth or promotional material I've seen outside the app.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BERZELI WHY.

WHY WOULD YOU THIS.

YOU NOT ONLY KILL THE SHOW, YOU DANCE ON ITS GRAVE AND THROW SALT IN OUR WOUNDS.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017

yo, I'm just

really not into this thing Netflix constantly do where they only publicly care about shows for us After they've decided to cancel them

We care about this show and your stories and representation... but like, not enough to continue to pay for it. Here's another year of Friends that we paid an exorbitant amount of money for tho.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I get tons of email from Netflix promoting new stuff and stuff I might like but I never read them.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Hey now, I don't take pleasure in this. If I did I would have posted something like a parody One Day More from Les Mis that ended up being too long and probably too niche considering the makeup of the forum
You could have at least waited for the body to get cold. You didn't HAVE to stab it again to make sure it was dead.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Fuck. This was such a great series too. I'm glad it got three seasons though. Remember last year when we weren't sure if it was going to continue after two?!

Still, the season 3 finale was a good way to end it as well. There weren't really any loose threads left over and it's still good to watch from beginning to end with no cliffhangers.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if I'm going to watch a new Netflix show, it's because of word of mouth or promotional material I've seen outside the app.

Pretty much. I have never found anything new to watch by looking around inside of Netflix. If I watch something on that service, it's because I came there looking for it specifically. The algorithm is too clogged up by almost 12 years of my watch history to recommend me anything meaningful.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
There's only 12 episodes of Taxi Brooklyn and what's to say he didn't already watch it? He watched Zoo after all.
Zoo is art. Furthermore I'll have you know that Taxi Brooklyn is just a soulless remake of true, heartfelt French cinema classic Taxi... which I may have watched (and I think one or two of the sequels )
Was it something based off of "One Day More"?
Read that post closer 😉

it could probably do with more work (I'm not sure it works better or worse with the "no" before more). But, like, there is a limit on how much effort I'm going to put into a title :

One show no more.
Another show, another cancellation.
This never-ending road to Netflix.
These men who seem to know my views
Will surely watch a second time.
One show no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.