• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they find another home for it. I won't give up hope till it's cancelled and even then maybe not. We did get a Veronica Mars movie, books and now new series after all. I'll be on board for whatever the creators do next.

And BTW, the co-creator of the ODAAT also made Men of a Certain Age which was an underappreciated and heartfelt series with some of the same DNA of ODAAT in terms of the small everyday sorts of stories it told.

I still have three episodes left in S3 of ODAAT. I'm really sad about this. It's one of my favorite shows in years.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I hope they find another home for it. I won't give up hope till it's cancelled and even then maybe not. We did get a Veronica Mars movie, books and now new series after all. I'll be on board for whatever the creators do next.

And BTW, the co-creator of the ODAAT also made Men of a Certain Age which was an underappreciated and heartfelt series with some of the same DNA of ODAAT in terms of the small everyday sorts of stories it told.

I still have three episodes left in S3 of ODAAT. I'm really sad about this. It's one of my favorite shows in years.
Definitely finish watching it. The season finale is pretty satisfying and there aren't really any cliffhangers (thankfully).

It would be amazing if this show was picked up somewhere else (it would be amazing if CBS got it) but it would be the first Netflix show to do so and I just don't see that happening.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely finish watching it. The season finale is pretty satisfying and there aren't really any cliffhangers (thankfully).

It would be amazing if this show was picked up somewhere else (it would be amazing if CBS got it) but it would be the first Netflix show to do so and I just don't see that happening.

Oh, sorry to be unclear, I definitely will finish it. We've just been watching it this past week after rewatching the first two seasons. I'm just sad there may never be episodes again, the show was incredibly enjoyable and meaningful to me. I thought for a second about saving the final episodes for a future day but I know we will enjoy them more if we watch them now.

Thanks also for the info about Netflix shows never having been picked up before. I didn't realize that. That sets my expectations a little more realistically at least.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

I really enjoyed this show too. Sad day today, this-this one hurts. :(

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018

Such a good show. Remember the show 'Ed'? 'I am a lawyer and I own a bowling alley. Two different things.' That fact that it and Men of a Certain Age aren't available anywhere is a crime against humanity.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
I like One Day At A Time but it wasn't appointment viewing, and Netflix has said they take how much it's binged into account.

I enjoyed the one season I've watched, and will definitely check out S2 and S3 eventually, but it's not like I'm heartbroken by this news.

Peak TV means there's always more shows to watch than free time.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Apple Orders 'Pachinko' Drama Series Based On Book
Apple has given a series order to Pachinko, a drama based on Min Jin Lee's bestselling novel, from studio Media Res, Deadline has learned.

Written and executive produced by Soo Hugh (The Terror), who also serves as showrunner and created the vision for the series, Pachinko chronicles the hopes and dreams of four generations of a Korean immigrant family. Epic in scope, intimate in tone, the story begins with a forbidden love and crescendos into a sweeping saga that journeys between Korea, Japan and America to tell the unforgettable story of war and peace, love and loss, triumph and reckoning. The series will be told in three languages – Korean, Japanese and English.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon Orders 'On The Spectrum' Pilot From Jason Katims Based On Israeli Series
Amazon Studios has given a pilot order to a half-hour comedic drama based on the Israeli format On the Spectrum, from Jason Katims and his True Jack Productions, original series' creators and producer yesStudios and Universal TV.

Written by Katims, On the Spectrum is a coming-of-age comedic drama about three 20-something roommates on the autism spectrum, striving for the same things that we all desire: To get a job, keep a job, make friends, fall in love, and navigate a world that eludes them.

This has been a passion project for Katims, tackling a subject that's personal for him. He has spoken publicly about having a son with Asperger's, which inspired a storyline on Katims' NBC series Parenthood.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

D1qOgwuX4AEkwcB.png:large

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
We care about this show and your stories and representation... but like, not enough to continue to pay for it.

Pretty much. Netflix is spending $15 billion on content this year, throwing money around like it's nothing. ODAAT is one of the only shows on Netflix that has a truly passionate fanbase and throwing them a bone (like they did with the Sense8 fans) would build good will. Not that Netflix is in need of good will at the moment considering how huge and successful they are, but if they keep prematurely cancelling acclaimed shows, a negative narrative will form, and those are really hard to shake even when they're no longer true (see: Fox, AMC, etc).

In the Deadline article, Nellie Andreeva mentioned that, according to her sources, "the series' viewership went up with each season", so its cancellation is extra dumb. (Netflix supposedly wants to own more of their original series, but they keep ordering series from outside studios...)

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd wait until someone else confirms it. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised. But the article doesn't actually offer any source saying this is what is happening -- it's just the headline. And I might be mistaken, but I thought the season was already in production. Though I guess it's not out of the question for them to rewrite shot episodes around her character and reshoot.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I'd wait until someone else confirms it. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised. But the article doesn't actually offer any source saying this is what is happening -- it's just the headline. And I might be mistaken, but I thought the season was already in production. Though I guess it's not out of the question for them to rewrite shot episodes around her character and reshoot.
TVLine, Deadline, Entertainment Weekly, they're all generally quite accurate, and their sources are typically legitimate. They make their livings on reporting and posting scoops, they try to vet things as best they can on their sides before posting as that's literally what they do. It's not to say that things can't change, or maybe a detail or two might be wrong along the way in the game of telephone, but their sources and scoops are pretty accurate, up to the point of posting.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TVLine, Deadline, Entertainment Weekly, they're all generally quite accurate, and their sources are typically legitimate. They make their livings on reporting and posting scoops, they try to vet things as best they can on their sides before posting as that's literally what they do. It's not to say that things can't change, or maybe a detail or two might be wrong along the way in the game of telephone, but their sources and scoops are pretty accurate, up to the point of posting.
I'm aware of the accuracy of the trades. TVLine isn't typically regarded in the same way as Deadline, THR, and Variety though. That said, I now see that Deadline is reporting it too -- when I made that post all I had seen is the TVLine article, which honestly doesn't even talk her not being on Fuller House S5 past the headline.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't another source say that they already finished filming the Fuller House finale? Unless they are doing cuts/reshoots.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm aware of the accuracy of the trades. TVLine isn't typically regarded in the same way as Deadline, THR, and Variety though. That said, I now see that Deadline is reporting it too -- when I made that post all I had seen is the TVLine article, which honestly doesn't even talk her not being on Fuller House S5 past the headline.

TVLine is a sister site of Deadline. To say one is reputable and one is not is just weird. From what I've seen of your posts though, it's certainly on brand.

Oct 25, 2017
Man watching Nikita finally, the series got so much better once it became a team show.
I would have stuck with it when it originally aired had it gotten to that point faster.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'Wynonna Earp': Inside the Fight to Save Syfy's Cult Hit
So, why would a seemingly successful show with a legion of loyal fans, suddenly be in the cancellation crosshairs? It's quite simple: money.
IDW Publishing, the company that owns the rights to Wynonna Earp (both the comic and the TV series) is struggling to find the capital to justify filming a promised fourth and fifth season. While the company has negotiated a deal with Syfy to air the series in the U.S., that agreement leaves IDW still footing major production costs. What's worse, while IDW has managed to house the first two seasons on Netflix, taking care of its international licensing needs and generating enough capital to cover the costs of previous seasons, there are no deals as of yet for a third, fourth or fifth season to be licensed to the streaming platform.
Unfortunately for fans, Wyden says the company committed to additional seasons too early, without the capital to back up production, which means the show and its deals are left in limbo.

Oct 27, 2017
I tried One Day At a Time, but the studio audience killed it for me. I just can't handle laugh tracks. It's petty, but it's true.

Oct 25, 2017
Man bootleg Chris Harrison kills me every single episode of Temptation Island, like an uglier sibling or cousin that also has none of the hosting talent but tries to copy their success.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched it yet but someone mentioned on Twitter that it's live audience.
Yeah, I didnt mean this show used a laugh track. I just can't stand hearing an audience when I'm watching a TV show. From what I saw though, it's a well written and well acted show that I think would have been better without being filmed on a stage in front of an audience. Lots of people dont mind an audience though. CBS has tons of them that do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.