• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so... still saying that all the Marvel Netflix axing doesnt have anything to do with Disney+? >_>

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
^^^ Netflix doesn't need them anymore. I assume JJ and Punisher will be done after their upcoming seasons as well.

Disney+ doesn't need Netflix castoffs either.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
^^^ Netflix doesn't need them anymore. I assume JJ and Punisher will be done after their upcoming seasons as well.

Disney+ doesn't need Netflix castoffs either.

sure. Both sides are "to blame", why would Disney want a (now) competitor to have Marvel branded stuff, and Netflix wants fully owned shows. Just funny how some people refused to accept the writing was on the wall to the end of the Netflix-Marvel era when all the cancelations started, and how safe DD was.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Still weird to see these big shows come to an end in the middle of what would be fairly big runs. But owning the show means so much more now in the streaming world, I guess this will be the norm outside of territory exclusives and second life renewals.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Netflix question is how long these shows actually stay on the service.

I really do see them leaving and jumping now.

LC and IF can be seen as "underperforming", but DD was perceived to actually do well for them. Which makes me believe that this has more to do with production studios than money/ratings.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
If Netflix wanted a coveted thread title mention they shouldn't cancel their shows at 3AM, u fucks.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

"Here's the official longline on Fam: "It stars Nina Dobrev and Tone Bell in a comedy about a woman whose vision of a perfect life with her adoring fiancé and his wonderful parents is radically altered when her 16-year-old, out-of-control half-sister unexpectedly comes to live with her.""

That's about as generic a show as I can think of. Par for the course for CBS. Also the title is pop slang. Great.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did the last season end on a cliff hanger? Did it have some sort of resolution for the series?

If not, then I don't want to invest the time to have myself really enjoy the show, only to wish there was more to resolve the cliff hanger/plot threads.

It ties up the arc's of the 3 main characters. There is a little tease for a potential 4th season but I wouldn't consider it a cliffhanger.

Mar 27, 2018
If it was HBO plus DC plus all Warner TV show and movies plus exclusive content it might be worth it but I imagine they'll screw it up somehow.

Considering the existence of DC Universe, and their ambitious original content plan for the service, I doubt they'd invalidate it's existence by copying it's catalog into another streaming service. DC Universe isn't particularly comprehensive though. It doesn't have The Dark Knight Trilogy, anything from the DCEU or the Arrowverse, Smallville, Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern, Bryan Singer's Superman Returns. Those properties are tied up by Hulu, or Netflix, or HBO, The CW, or they're just not streaming anywhere yet.

That makes me think any Warner Bros OTT service would have a similar problem, unless they've planned on letting existing contracts lapse over the next year or so, that's what Disney is doing to prepare for their service, but WB didn't do that for DCU so...

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's specials and footballs:

Fast-Demo-2018-Nov-29.THU_.png

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warner Bros. TV Investigating Salim Akil Domestic Violence Allegations
Warner Bros. TV will investigate allegations of abusive behavior made against Black Lightning and Love Is executive producer Salim Akil.

The Hollywood Reporter has learned the studio will interview cast and crew members of the two shows after Akil was sued for domestic violence and breach of contract by actress and writer Amber Dixon Brenner.

Warner Bros. declined comment.

The allegations against Akil do not include any instances of on-set problems; Brenner claims in the lawsuit that she and Akil had a long-term affair in which he hit her and forced her to perform oral sex on numerous occasions. To ensure the safety of cast and crew, however, Warner Bros. has opened an inquiry into Akil's behavior.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
It ties up the arc's of the 3 main characters. There is a little tease for a potential 4th season but I wouldn't consider it a cliffhanger.

Ok, will maybe need to give it a shot then. Thanks.

Another low rating for S.W.A.T. I really hope it's enough for CBS, would hate to see this show go.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I definitely thought about twisting the knife;
2018-19 Season TV Cancellations/Pilots: Netflix blindsides [fans/nerds] by cancelling a mediocre show
but idk, I felt that the mean-spiritness/funny ratio wasn't good enough and as we have all seen with the Avengers 4 Trailer thread Marvel fans clearly have the best sense of humour on era.

Mostly I just don't care enough. I checked out for good when they revealed the absolute hack bullshit back story of Bullseye in DD season 3 (and I had already checked out of all the other shows; didn't finish Punisher, didn't start Luke Cage S2, didn't even finish the first episode of JJ S2). Maybe I'll steal a title from the thread, or just let Another Period get some free quality ad space

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Dirty John' Premiere Draws Solid Ratings In Live+3 For Bravo
Sunday's debut episode of the true crime anthology series at 10 PM ET/PT drew an average L3 audience of 826,000 in P18-49, 1 million P25-54 and 2.1 million total viewers. Those numbers grow to 1 million P18-49, 1.3 million P25-54 and 2.5 million total viewers when accounting for viewing across all digital platforms.

The premiere episode drew a combined audience of 3.8 million total viewers across all platforms and airings, including Bravo, USA, E! & Oxygen premiere night encores, making it Bravo's highest-rated premiere in nearly three years in total viewers. The episode also became Bravo's most-streamed series launch ever over the first three days following the premiere.
I don't know anyone that watched this and the reviews were mediocre.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer,' 'Angel' And 'Firefly' Come To Facebook Watch
The non-exclusive deal brings every episode from every season to Watch, beginning today.

Fidji Simo, Facebook's vice-president of video, said the social network is looking for content that people want to discuss and create a community around. It's had success with live sports like UEFA Champions League in Latin America, compelling shows like Sorry For Your Loss, starring Elizabeth Olsen as a young woman whose husband has just died, or nostalgia content like the Real World reboot coming to Watch next year.

"When we started asking people what can trigger conversations, (nostalgic content) came up as something that's really interesting to have on the platform," Simo said. "It's really a way to test this hypothesis."

These new Fox shows allow Facebook to tap into existing communities of passionate fans, and give them a new way to experience the these shows. Facebook users can host "watch parties" from their Timeline, and virtually gather together a group of friends to watch episodes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.