• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Krypton was good? I just assumed everyone wrote it off since I never heard anything about it.
I watched the pilot and thought it was awful. I don't know if it got better or not. But when it comes to this site I wouldn't necessarily trust any sort of quality judgment when it comes to the DC and Marvel shows (no offense intended to the fans). A lot of people will overlook flaws when it's part of these big franchises.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Syfy is at least doing right by Killjoys with giving it a proper ending. Second favorite show on the network besides The Magicians.

I am bummed they canceled Deadly Class earlier this year, as I was really starting to enjoy it.

Watched the pilot of Kryton and I was out.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deadly Class bummed me out too. Really enjoyed it, but can't win them all.

I think the real problem is a lot of people just aren't watching Syfy anymore.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings. Reruns, reruns everywhere:

Fast-Demo-2019-Aug-16-FRI.png

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Fuck Syfy yet again. Krypton did get better imo. Think it's pretty impressive that a prequel show about Supermans grandfather was successfully able to put a handful of Supermans' greatest villains into it, And do very well with the interpretations of them. Brainiac, Doomsday, and Lobo are pretty much perfect. Especially Lobo. Not many characters in a show who I can laugh at and be scared by a second later. Would have def watched a Lobo show spinoff from Krypton.
Fuck you for canceling Deadly Class and this SyFY.

Oct 25, 2017
Its actually incredible watching the final episode of Last Call with Carson Daly. Rerun tonight, but seeing the 20 or so years of history of it from the live studio audience form to the current format, as well as all the venue changes.

Also so many current stars and muscians looked so young from the start lol.

Also all these muscians looked like normal average joes and joesettes in their tv debuts on them.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
And then there were none. CBS has opted not to pick up drama series Instinct starring Alan Cumming for a third season.
Series creator/executive producer Michael Rauch broke the news on Twitter, revealing that the series will be double pumped this Sunday and air its Season 2/series finale next Sunday, Aug. 25.
The series made history as the first broadcast drama with an openly gay lead character, played by Cumming.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Its actually incredible watching the final episode of Last Call with Carson Daly. Rerun tonight, but seeing the 20 or so years of history of it from the live studio audience form to the current format, as well as all the venue changes.

Also so many current stars and muscians looked so young from the start lol.

Also all these muscians looked like normal average joes and joesettes in their tv debuts on them.

Kinda hard to believe the show kept going in the background for so many years. Whenever I think of him, it will always be with TRL.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fascinated to know how prevalent the "Syfy cancels everything" narrative is in real life and if it actually has any discernible impact on their ratings.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I'd be fascinated to know how prevalent the "Syfy cancels everything" narrative is in real life and if it actually has any discernible impact on their ratings.
I can only speak for myself and say that yes, I have actively chosen not to follow a show (Deadly Class) because it was on SyFy and likely to end after one or two seasons (on a cliffhanger). Not sure if the latter came to be, but the former already happened.

I've previously expressed I have begun to develop similar concerns about Netflix now, but with the sheer volume of output they have, and the fact they have several higher quality shows, I am not quite there yet. This could change if they end up pulling a "One Day at a Time" type of cancellation on multiple shows I follow in the future, though.

I mean, it's not like there isn't an abundance of other things to watch, likelihood of premature cancellation is definitely a factor to consider when deciding where to invest my time.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I pour one out for Wayne, as one of the few that watched it. It's a really great show, still worth watching the first season while you can!

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Assorted UK news:
Knight came on board to adapt. The story tells how the world's most renowned and ruthless special forces unit, the SAS, came to exist. He has scored access to secret archives to tell the definitive account of SAS history. The drama will bring to life the revolutionary thinking which led to the creation of a new form of combat and warfare. Celebrating the glory, action and camaraderie at the heart of this story, the series will delve into the psychology of the flawed, reckless but brave group of maverick officers and men who formed the SAS in the darkest days of WW2.

Kill List director Ben Wheatley has created a Brexit zombie drama for UK's Channel 4– his first television project since directing episodes of Doctor Who.

The broadcaster has commissioned six-part series Generation Z. It will feature "rapacious" baby boomers and "disaffected" teenagers at each other's throats.

Produced by Kiri producer The Forge, it will feature pitch-black humour and biting satire to tell how Brexit has divided the country, and in this case, led to brain munching.
Wheatley is one of my absolute faves, so I'm excited. Maybe it will be as good as Dead Set!

Disney+ news:

Not impressed.

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I hope Wayne finds a new home, it was a really great first season. It was the only Youtube premium show i found that was worth a watch.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Murphy's take on Election. So if not for the suckage that is Ben Platt I'd be excited.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
sigh, double post it is:

Streamer HBO Max has set its pilot slate, handing out pilot orders to three projects — one-hour drama The Rules of Magic, from writer Melissa Rosenberg (Marvel'sJessica Jones); half-hour dramedy Generation, from 17-year-old Zelda Barnz, her father Daniel Barnz and executive producer Lena Dunham; and hourlong YA drama Red Bird Lane, from writer Sara Gran (Southland) and executive produced by John Wells.
The Rules of Magic, which also has received a 10-script order and has opened a writers room, andRed Bird Line hail from HBO Max sister studio Warner Bros TV, where Rosenberg and Wells are under overall deals; Generation is being produced by HBO Max.

Written by Rosenberg, The Rules of Magic is based on Alice Hoffman's novels The Rules of Magic and Practical Magic, the latter of which was adapted into the 1998 Warner Bros movie of the same name starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman.

An epic generational family drama set in 1960s New York City, The Rules of Magiccenters on three troubled siblings — Franny, Jet and Vincent Owens — who wrestle with "abnormalities" that have kept them isolated. But the tumultuous times unearth the extraordinary discovery that they are, in fact, descendants of a bloodline of witches.
Generation is created by Zelda Barnz, the 17-year-old daughter of Daniel and Ben Barnz. Written and directed by Zelda and Daniel Barnz, Generation is a dark yet playful half-hour dramedy that follows a group of high school students whose exploration of modern sexuality (devices and all) tests deeply entrenched beliefs about life, love and the nature of family in their conservative community.
YA drama Red Bird Lane is written and executive produced by Gran. It is a morality and psychological horror series about eight strangers who arrive at an isolated house—all for different reasons—and quickly realize that something sinister and terrifying awaits them.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.