• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Crystal Age of Resistance is an honest to goodness achievement in filmmaking and should be considered one of Netflix's crown jewels.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you mean it's canceled already? ;) Still hoping Mindhunter gets renewed. You never know with Netflix these days.
A lot of Netflix's decisions for renewal/cancellation tend to be based on full series viewership in the first 14 days/2 weeks, or occasionally 21 days/3 weeks (depending on the show). By full series viewership, I mean people who watch the entire new season within that period of time. If people start watching as season but then don't finish in that time period, they actually consider that worse than if the person had never watched at all as it means they fell off for some reason. It's a pretty strange system.

Obviously there's other factors as well (if it's performing strong in certain other territories even if it isn't here, social media buzz, awards buzz, wanting to stay in business with specific talent, etc.), but it probably means we'll hear one way or the other on Mindhunter within the next two weeks.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
I assume Mindhunter is a goner. I can't imagine it has that large of an audience.

I'd love to be wrong though since it's easily the best thing Netflix will ever make.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
It's in my queue, no idea if or when I'll be able to find the time to watch it.

ImaginativeAppropriateEnglishpointer-small.gif

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally watched all of Mrs. Maisel and I absolutely loved it and can now understand why it's won all of the awards it has, especially Rachel Brosnahan and her performance.

Can't wait for season 3.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
so there's lots of casting announced for Bly Manor and a lot of the Hill House cast returns including Angelina Jolie clone Kate Siegel (well she was a given since she is Flanagan's wife and is on all (?) his projects)

So, is this like American Horror, unrelated but similar cast?

Loved Hill House. Was kinda hoping it would be back sooner, guess not until next year then.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So with that "new" feature which announced if shows have new seasons coming, going through my list I have discovered the following Netflix shows are renewed and I didn't know about:

Lost in Space
Ozark (yay)
The End of the Fucking World
The Kominsky Method
Dead to Me
Atypical
After Life
On my Block
Insatiable (lol?)
Paradise PD (lol?)
The Order (lol?)

Netflix shows I did know were renewed

Sex Education
Castlevania
Lucifer
The Haunting of
Bojack Horseman
Titans (it's a "Netflix original" here)
Dark (actually doesn't say it's coming back but we know it is)

Netflix shows that dont say if they are returning but I also don't know if they are cancelled

Kingdom
Last Kingdon
She-Ra
Black Mirror
Final Space
Master of None
Hilda
The Sinner
Good Girls
Bodyguard
You
The Innocents
Bonding

Yes I'm bored.

zou

Oct 29, 2017
Netflix shows that dont say if they are returning but I also don't know if they are cancelled

Kingdom
Last Kingdon
She-Ra
Black Mirror
Final Space
Master of None
Hilda
The Sinner
Good Girls
Bodyguard
You
The Innocents
Bonding

Yes I'm bored.

Final Space is a TSB/Adult Swim show
Good Girls is NBC/Universal
Bodyguard is BBC/ITV
The Sinner is USA/Universal

The Last Kingdom was renewed for a fourth season.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
The Affair randomly becoming a near-future sci-fi series is equal parts ridiculous as it is amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
So with that "new" feature which announced if shows have new seasons coming, going through my list I have discovered the following Netflix shows are renewed and I didn't know about:

Lost in Space
Ozark (yay)
The Kominsky Method
Dead to Me
Atypical
After Life
On my Block
Insatiable (lol?)
Paradise PD (lol?)
The Order (lol?)

Sex Education
Castlevania
Lucifer
The Haunting of
Bojack Horseman

Kingdom
Last Kingdon
She-Ra
Black Mirror
Final Space
Master of None
Hilda
The Sinner
Good Girls
Bodyguard
You
The Innocents
Bonding

Yes I'm bored.

Master of none may never come back, but isn't cancelled. Aziz wanted to leave it open ended in case he wanted to do more some day, kind of like curb your enthusiasm or louie.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Lost in Space
Ozark (yay)
The Kominsky Method
Dead to Me
Atypical
After Life
On my Block
Insatiable (lol?)
Paradise PD (lol?)
The Order (lol?)

Sex Education
Castlevania
Lucifer
The Haunting of
Bojack Horseman

Kingdom
Last Kingdon
She-Ra
Black Mirror
Final Space
Master of None
Hilda
The Sinner
Good Girls
Bodyguard
You
The Innocents
Bonding

Yes I'm bored.

I know Kingdom is coming back. Show has a high production level, so I imagine it takes time to film.

Although the last season of Black Mirror didn't have as much buzz as previous seasons, I imagine Netflix would welcome any additional seasons. It probably depends on the schedule and desire of Charlie Brooker more than anything.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I hope Brooker is freed from Black Mirror soon because I miss him as a satirist, particularly now.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Not even a lie, one of the POV characters lives in a voice-automated house, complete with strawberry gathering flying robots and a talking toilet that won't flush if you put something that isn't human waste into it.
Did they do a time skip? Haha is there any point to being in the near future?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lost in Space
Ozark (yay)
The Kominsky Method
Dead to Me
Atypical
After Life
On my Block
Insatiable (lol?)
Paradise PD (lol?)
The Order (lol?)

Sex Education
Castlevania
Lucifer
The Haunting of
Bojack Horseman

Kingdom
Last Kingdon
She-Ra
Black Mirror
Final Space
Master of None
Hilda
The Sinner
Good Girls
Bodyguard
You
The Innocents
Bonding

Yes I'm bored.
"You" is definitely getting a Season 2.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm falling behind on shows so fast again. I blame the fact that we started so many good shows in a brief lull (Barry, Mindhunter).

Darkonda

May 23, 2018

Kingdom
Last Kingdon
She-Ra
Black Mirror
Final Space
Master of None
Hilda
The Sinner
Good Girls
Bodyguard
You
The Innocents
Bonding

Yes I'm bored.

Kingdom is coming back. They started filming season 2 in February.

You is coming back with Joe and whole new cast in LA this time.

As for The Last Kingdom:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

Picked up straight to series late last year, Gere was set to star as one of two elderly Vietnam vets and best friends who find their monotonous lives upended when a woman they both loved 50 years ago is killed by a car. Their lifelong regrets and secrets collide with their resentment of today's self-absorbed millennials and the duo then go on a shooting spree.

Gordon and Leight collaborated on two scripts and, sources say, were met with notes from Apple about the show's tone of vigilante justice. Sources say Gordon did not want to focus on the larger metaphor of friendship between the two Vietnam vets and wanted to focus on the darker elements of the series, with Fox 21 executives backing the veteran producer. Leight departed shortly afterward and Apple, which multiple sources note is looking for aspirational programming, wanted to ensure the series was focused on the heart and emotion of the central friendship.
I bet Apple was shocked when the scripts for a show about Vietnam veterans going on vigilante shooting sprees didn't turn out to have the "aspirational" vibe they hoped for.

Also... how do you go from "damn, those millennials are so self-absorbed" to "let's murder criminals?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.