• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I remember that, but that was way back in February, and apparently whatever investigations Fox/NG made ended in March, and that's when the show was originally slated to release. Since then, no news at all.
I know he's still doing his podcast/show, but I don't know if it's just too big for Fox to worry about putting it out until everything has been completely settled.
Either way, there's probably no gain to release it right now at least...

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, I didn't realize the lead in Prodigal Son was Jesus.

Also didn't realize this was a Fringe crossover poor September :(

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Thursday night's ratings. CBS's new shows premiered okay, but they're certainly feeling that hurt without "The Big Bang Theory" now. NBC's new shows, "Perfect Harmony" and "Sunnyside," look like certified bombs. You can clearly see that viewers tuned in to "Superstore," "The Good Place," and "Law and Order: SVU" but dipped out for those two new shows.

But who cares about all of that since Fox technically won the night with FOOTBALL!!!:

Fast-Demo-2019-Sep-26-THU.png

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Ah crap, was too late to make predictions.

Also, Grey's Anatomy continues to be eternally sound. Young women really love their Meredith Grey.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the new shows I'm interested in checking out seem to be doing mediocre to bad. That's unfortunate since I was really hoping a few would do well and get renewed since I'm losing so many shows this year. Guess I'll dip into the backlog instead when the time comes.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
That drop off after Superstore and The Good Place is unreal. I thought those shows would really help the new ones... NBC probably though that too.

of the couple new shows i tried....Perfect Harmony was terrible. Unicorn was ok but it has Goggins and hes great in anything
I was on NBC all night last night. Perfect Harmony was terrible for me as well. Felt like it was rushing through a lot of stuff and just wasn't really that interesting and didn't really have any good jokes to me. Sunnyside was a bit better but not crazy about that either.
Most of the new shows I'm interested in checking out seem to be doing mediocre to bad. That's unfortunate since I was really hoping a few would do well and get renewed since I'm losing so many shows this year. Guess I'll dip into the backlog instead when the time comes.
Same here. So far I think all the new shows I've checked out so far this season have been underwhelming.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NBC's comedy block last night wasn't bad.

"Perfect Harmony" was probably the worst of the lot, since most of the pilot had terrible plotting. There were quite a few instances where it made no sense how plot point A led into plot point B. Hopefully, the next couple episodes tighten up that plotting because I like Bradley Whitford and I like Anna Camp.

However, I liked "Sunnyside". I think it had a good mix of zany with realistic, and all the characters had a couple moments that were genuinely funny. I like that Garrett is a bit of a fast-talking scumbag. It's a fun show and I hope it doesn't canned in one season.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
NBC's comedy block last night wasn't bad.

"Perfect Harmony" was probably the worst of the lot, since most of the pilot had terrible plotting. There were quite a few instances where it made no sense how plot point A led into plot point B. Hopefully, the next couple episodes tighten up that plotting because I like Bradley Whitford and I like Anna Camp.

However, I liked "Sunnyside". I think it had a good mix of zany with realistic, and all the characters had a couple moments that were genuinely funny. I like that Garrett is a bit of a fast-talking scumbag. It's a fun show and I hope it doesn't canned in one season.
Looking back through this week, "Sunnyside" is NBC's worst performing new show. Unless it gets some sort of streaming deal similar to "Good Girls," I don't see it lasting long.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
I want to check out Evil (Kings!) and Sunnyside seems like it might have potential but I think I'll wait because neither seem long for this world after those premieres.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking back through this week, "Sunnyside" is NBC's worst performing new show. Unless it gets some sort of streaming deal similar to "Good Girls," I don't see it lasting long.
:(

It's a shame, because I really think it has promise. The show's premise gives it a lot of room to explore the immigrant experience in America from all different angles, and I hope it gets the chance to tell those stories.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kate Winslet-led HBO drama, "Mare of Easttown", adds Jean Smart, Angourie Rice, Cailee Spaeny, Evan Peters, Julianne Nicholson
Winslet, who's also an executive producer, plays Mare Sheehan, whose life is crumbling around her as she investigates a murder.

Nicholson, who's coming off Netflix's Blonde and HBO's The Outsider, plays Lori Ross, Mare's best friend since childhood. She knows how mercurial Mare can be but loves and accepts her as she is.

Smart plays Mare's mother, Helen. Stubborn, opinionated and a devout Catholic, Helen never holds back on her opinions, whether they're solicited or not.

Rice will play Siobhan, Mare and Frank's (Denman) daughter, a lovely, brilliant young woman who's also rebellious and strong headed.

David Denman's Frank is an affable math teacher at the local high school. He and Mare got married at age 20 but split up years ago.

Peters will play Colin Zabel, a county detective called in to help with Mare's investigation, much to her chagrin.

Spaeny rounds out the group as Erin McMenamin, a lonely teen who lives with her volatile father and the only love in her life, infant son DJ.

Creator Brad Ingelsby (Run All Night, American Woman) is writing every episode and will serve as showrunner, and Gavin O'Connor (The Accountant) will direct the entire project. They executive produce with Winslet, Gordon Gray and Paul Lee and Mark Roybal of wiip. The series is a co-production of HBO and wiip.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists cancelled by Freeform after one season

In Contempt cancelled by BET after one season

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect Harmony - 0.5

The Unicorn - 0.8

Carol's Second Act - 0.7

Sunnyside - 0.4

Evil - 0.6

Carol's Second Act - 0.7

Winner!

Perfect Harmony - 0.7

The Unicorn - 1.1

Carol's Second Act - 0.9

Sunnyside - 0.6

Evil - 0.7
Perfect Harmony - 0.8
The Unicorn - 0.9
Sunnyside - 0.8
Evil - 0.7
Perfect Harmony - 0.7
The Unicorn - 1.2
Carol's Second Act - 0.8
Sunnyside - 0.7
Evil - 0.8
Perfect Harmony - 0.6

The Unicorn - 1.1

Carol's Second Act - 0.9

Sunny side - 0.7

Evil - 0.8
The Unicorn: 1.3
Carol's Second Act: 1.0
Evil: 0.8
Perfect Harmony: 0.7
Sunnyside: 0.7

Fails!

~

vypek -- 2 points

RatskyWatsky - 1 point

Naijaboy - 1 point

G_Shumi - 1 point

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! I was banking on people not really caring about Patricia Heaton being back on CBS and just treating it like a normal show. Also, jeez, what a dreadful night for so much of the schedule.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Final ratings for Thursday night. ShowBuzzDaily was really late posting these for some reason. (Either that or RatskyWatsky found it earlier than me.):

ABC's "A Million Little Things" went down 0.1.
CBS's "Young Sheldon" went up 0.1 while "Evil" went down 0.1, officially making it CBS's lowest rated new show this season.
NBC's entire night held steady from this morning, so I guess that press release from earlier today was for nothing when it comes to "Sunnyside."

Final-Bcast-2019-Sep-26-THU.png

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings. ABC's "American Housewife" did really well, retaining its audience from the season 3 finale back in May. It also did much better than "Speechless" ever did last season. Not sure why "Fresh Off the Boat" is labelled as a rerun, since it was the season premiere that aired. CBS had a great night as well, keeping their old people demographic happy:

Fast-Demo-2019-Sep-27-FRI.png

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

Broadcasters will recoup some of those losses through delayed viewing; if patterns from last season hold, the 18-49 average for this week's shows will come up by about 60 percent with seven days of DVR and on-demand playback.

But even with a 60 percent bump in adults 18-49 over seven days, this year's premiere-week slate only would only barely move ahead of the same-day ratings from two years ago. That's not going to be tenable for a whole lot longer.

TRvPbQH.gif

What's this tweet supposed to mean? Other than the shows being bad, as expected. Apple not allowing pre-release reviews?

Hence the think emoji!

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited for the death of some broadcast networks in a few years. I know some will survive or combine, but broadcast is such garbage and overdue for collapse. No, I haven't completely thought this out, it's been a long day.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Checkov's Monster Truck on Hawaii Five-0. If you introduce a monster truck in the driveway, it has to be driven over other cars by the end of the act.

Status
Not open for further replies.