• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zou

Oct 29, 2017
Final ratings for FRIDAY NIGHT:

ABC's "20/20" went up by 0.1.
All of The CW's shows went down by 0.1.
Everything else stayed the same.

Final ratings for SUNDAY NIGHT:

ABC's night held steady since it was the only network not airing football at all. (Same for The CW, but who cares?)
CBS's "60 Minutes" adjusted up by 0.4. "NCIS: Los Angeles" adjusted up by 0.2.
NBC's "Sunday Night Football" dominated the night, as football always does.
Fox's "Family Guy" is finally on the chart, and we can see that it, along with the rest of Fox's Sunday night lineup, are all in line with each other (except for "The Simpsons" which performed the best). Looks like "Bless the Harts" might actually fit in after all.

Now that those two night are finally finalized, we can get to Monday's final ratings...in a few hours.

What do (C) and (P) stand for?

Edit: Premiere? and something.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
What do (C) and (P) stand for?

Edit: Premiere? and something.
I don't know what (C) stands for. It looks like it only applies to the football games that aired earlier that day. Maybe it stands for "Combined" since they reported one number for one time slot and needed to combine it from all of the hours it aired?

(P) does indeed stand for "Premiere."

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what (C) stands for. It looks like it only applies to the football games that aired earlier that day. Maybe it stands for "Combined" since they reported one number for one time slot and needed to combine it from all of the hours it aired?

It's probably "combined" because those slots include different games (read: programs) depending on your region, not one single program airing across the country.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
RatskyWatsky are you okay? "Claws" is ending next year.
Welp RatskyWatsky ought to be pumped for that 🤗

Yussssss

Nice!

Although...

Rainy Day People is not going forward.

That was the new show from the creators of Halt and Catch Fire. Bummer.

Excited about "Kevin Can Fuck Himself". It seems like something pretty unique.

Same. It sounds like it has a lot of potential.

Hopefully Kevin Can Fuck Himself has a role for Erinn Hayes after the inspiration did her dirty.

Show would be the GOAT if they managed to cast Erinn Hayes as the lead.

Fuck yes, glad they got another another season. Four seasons is fine for a show like this.
Even though Claws is ending, I'm glad it's getting another season. I think 4 is enough, and at least they have the time to plan out a nice ending hopefully.

Yep, I love the show but I'm totally fine with it ending next year. They can only keep the plot going so long before it starts to get dumb (in a bad way).

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Bless the Harts - 0.7

I'm going to go with 0.7.
Bless the Harts - 0.7

Winners!

Bless the Harts - 0.9
Bless the Harts: 0.6
0.8 for Bless the Harts.

Fails!

~

vypek -- 3 points

Naijaboy - 2 points

RatskyWatsky - 1 point

G_Shumi - 1 point

zou

Oct 29, 2017

It's probably "combined" because those slots include different games (read: programs) depending on your region, not one single program airing across the country.

Thanks guys.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
lol I feel like they should change the name of Kevin Can Fuck Himself because it doesn't even mean anything anymore.

Sort of like Cougartown at the time.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
NBC just had to appeal to the Trumpets and lost a future talent for Megyn Kelly and now, Tamron has the last laugh.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
NBC just had to appeal to the Trumpets and lost a future talent for Megyn Kelly and now, Tamara has the last laugh.

288b5b2d2f1eab0cf04d8f3e02317fe9.gif

Good for her.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
NETFLIX is finished, cancelling shows Disney will be the new Queen of streaming, lots of shows, cartoons and STAR WARS they just need a few videogame series and a Game of Thrones answer in the case WITCHER catches on

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

All of ABC's shows fell 0.2 from last week, except for "Bless This Mess" which fell 0.1.
CBS's "FBI" gained 0.1 from last week, if you can believe that, while the "NCIS" shows were steady.
NBC's and Fox's lineups all fell by 0.1 from last week.

Fast-Demo-2019-Oct-01-TUE.png

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
And the dominance of cop procedurals continues unabated. I think that makes NCIS the most watched s ripted show now.

The ABC comedies are looking dicey now. I wouldn't be surprised if the next black-ish season is the last.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
While the last season of DWP was probably my least favorite, I'm glad to see it return and be able to wrap up on its own terms. It becomes another 4 season and done show, joining GLOW, CLAWS, and the recently ended Preacher.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
CBS has gotta be worried that their most popular shows are the ones that have been on for 20 years

I know The Good Wife / Fight never pulled in big numbers, given the pedigree and promotion, I can't believe Evil didn't debut stronger, saying nothing for the quality of the show, which the wife and I liked. But that seems to be how it's going across the board so far...

Oct 25, 2017
Tuesday night's ratings:

All of ABC's shows fell 0.2 from last week, except for "Bless This Mess" which fell 0.1.
CBS's "FBI" gained 0.1 from last week, if you can believe that, while the "NCIS" shows were steady.
NBC's and Fox's lineups all fell by 0.1 from last week.

Fast-Demo-2019-Oct-01-TUE.png
Emergence as well as or better than FOX hits.

Assuming ABC is fine with third place, I think everything on Tuesday should get continuations.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Random thoughts on pilots. FWIW, my favorite network shows on the air are The Resident, Burden of Truth and Roswell NM. I also like This is Us and A Million Little Things.

Emergence was alright, needs more plot hook soon. I liked it better than the three or so episodes of Manifest we watched last year. Emergence didn't have a very gripping plotline but was less cheesy to me.

Couldn't make it through more than half of Sunnyside, the characters were felt caricature-y and Kal Penn who I usually really like was at his least funny.

Watched 5 mins of Prodigal Son, too gritty for the sake of it, Michael Sheen in super cheese mode feels like a waste.

Perfect Harmony was much more enjoyable than I anticipated, there were some genuine laughs. Bradley Whitford was good as usual. The ensemble had a good chemistry between them. The running joke of the character being misled about movie titles was a good one.

Still interested in trying Almost Family and Nancy Drew.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Final ratings for Tuesday night:

ABC's "The Conners" adjusted up 0.1.
NBC's "The Voice" also adjusted up 0.1, while "New Amsterdam" adjusted down 0.1.
Everything else remained the same.

Final-Bcast-2019-Oct-01-TUE.png

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
While the last season of DWP was probably my least favorite, I'm glad to see it return and be able to wrap up on its own terms. It becomes another 4 season and done show, joining GLOW, CLAWS, and the recently ended Preacher.

Agreed. Season 3 of DWP was weaker than the first two, but I thought it was still pretty enjoyable and I'm glad they're getting one more to wrap things up with.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Turn: Washington Spies too. It might've not been the most popular show, but it only needed 4 seasons and it's up there for me in terms of favorite shows of the last decade.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
New prediction!

Almost Family

I don't have a very good feel for this one. Masked Singer is the lead in (premiered last week with a 2.5), and the biggest lead in -> lead out drop last week was The Voice 1.7 -> Bluff City Law 0.8 (which is a drop of 0.9), which makes me think Almost Family actually has a shot of premiering over a 1.0, even though no new series was able to do that last week (Prodigal Son had the highest 18-49 with a 1.0).

I think I'll go with a 1.1.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
TBS Orders 'Obliterated' Drama Series From 'Cobra Kai' Creators & Sony TV
TBS has given a straight-to-series order to Obliterated, a 10-episode one-hour action drama from the creators of Cobra Kai and produced by Sony Pictures Television. This marks the first series order for TBS this cycle and the second drama series pickup for the once-comedy-focused TBS following the May announcement that upcoming sci-fi drama Snowpiercer was moving from TNT to TBS.

Written and executive produced by Cobra Kai creators Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg and Josh Heald, Obliterated is a serialized action dramedy focused on an elite special forces team who is tracking a deadly terrorist network, hell bent on blowing up Las Vegas. After their raging end-of-mission party filled with alcohol and drug-fueled debauchery, the team discovers that the bomb they deactivated was a decoy. With the clock ticking, the intoxicated team has to fight through their impairments, overcome their personal issues, deactivate the bomb, and save the world.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I watched the pilot of Emergence, thought it was slow and boring. It's not even an interesting or original premise, and everything was so predictable. However long the season is planned for, I suspect it's too long.

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
New prediction!

Almost Family

I don't have a very good feel for this one. Masked Singer is the lead in (premiered last week with a 2.5), and the biggest lead in -> lead out drop last week was The Voice 1.7 -> Bluff City Law 0.8 (which is a drop of 0.9), which makes me think Almost Family actually has a shot of premiering over a 1.0, even though no new series was able to do that last week (Prodigal Son had the highest 18-49 with a 1.0).

I'm going to guess 0.9

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
New prediction!

Almost Family

I think "The Masked Singer" will still be above or at a 2.0. So, for "Almost Family," I'm going to give my guess for it at a 1.5. I'm strangely optimistic about it.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Mekia Cox will be replacing Afton Williamson on The Rookie. Her character will essentially be taking over the job of Williamson's character, except with a potential PTSD twist.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So Almost Family feels like FOX following the This Is Us train. But that set up is just way too...I dunno, fucked up? And Million Little Things had a suicide..

Status
Not open for further replies.