• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Slight update for Sunday night's ratings: I'm reading that more accurate numbers are coming out but, like I said in my previous post, final numbers won't come until tomorrow.

Anyway, here's the update:

Deadline said:
The actual number of people who watched the 6:32 to 10:05 PM ET game on CBS itself was 98.2 million, which means, without CBS's sleight of bundled hand, last night's game is down just over 5% in total audience from last year's Super Bowl on NBC. Compared to the last time the net had the big NFL game in 2016, the sewn together number of 2019 Super Bowl took a tumble of 12%.

This is still not good since the last time the Super Bowl hit less than 100 million total viewers was all the way back in 2009.

What CBS will likely be touting, however, is the grand total number of viewers from all of the digital streaming venues, including CBS.com, NFL.com, and the like, as reported by TV Line:

TV Line said:
CBS on Monday afternoon reported a Super Bowl audience of 100.7 million… across all platforms including CBS Television Network, CBS Interactive, NFL digital properties, Verizon Media mobile properties, ESPN Deportes and, like, gas pump display screens. (That's down 5 percent from last year's catch-all number.)

NOTE: These are still the preliminary ratings. Final numbers will be posted tomorrow.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FX's "Shogun" has been delayed due to worries of quality.
"We were heading towards production — still are by the way, I would still call this a project that is in active pre-production," FX CEO John Landgraf told Deadline at TCA Monday. "We just didn't think it was in a good enough shape. Our bottom line was – we just said, we need to slow down and we've got to aim higher."

The extra time is being used for more work on scripts as well as figuring out logistics for filming the 10-episode series, which the network had billed as its largest international scale production, with filming in the U.K. and Japan.

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
'Hair' Scrapped as NBC's Next Live Musical
The network has opted to scrap its previously announced planned live musical rendition of Hair. The production was due to air on Sunday, May 19.

"Live musicals are a part of this network's DNA and we are committed to continuing that tradition with the right show at the right time. Since these shows are such enormous undertakings, we need titles that have a wide appeal and we're in the process of acquiring the rights to a couple of new shows that we're really excited about," NBC Entertainment co-chairmen Paul Telegdy and George Cheeks said Monday in a joint statement.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Final update and final ratings for the Super Bowl LIII on CBS:

The Super Bowl drew an average of 98.2 million viewers in linear programming (antenna and cable). It's an 11-year low and the first time the Super Bowl was viewed by less than 100 million viewers since 2009. Combine that number with all of the streaming outlets and that total number came to 100.7 million viewers, so with basic math, 2.5 million people watched it via streaming. Streaming just didn't have as big of an impact as many would like to think:

Final-Bcast-2019-Feb-03.SUN_.png

Deadline:
The actual number of people who watched the 6:32 to 10:05 PM ET game on CBS itself was 98.2 million, which means, without CBS's sleight of bundled hand, last night's game is down just over 5% in total audience from last year's Super Bowl on NBC. Compared to the last time the net had the big NFL game in 2016, the sewn together number of 2019 Super Bowl took a tumble of 12%.

TV Line:
CBS on Monday afternoon reported a Super Bowl audience of 100.7 million… across all platforms including CBS Television Network, CBS Interactive, NFL digital properties, Verizon Media mobile properties, ESPN Deportes and, like, gas pump display screens. (That's down 5 percent from last year's catch-all number.)

Following the Super Bowl last night, James Corden's "The World's Best" drew a 7.0 in the 18-49 demographic and 22.22 million total viewers, down from last year's special episode of "This is Us" (26.97 million viewers) when the Super Bowl aired on NBC.

A special post-game episode of "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" attracted 5.52 million total viewers.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Did the Super Bowl promos give their shows a boost yesterday?
I'm not sure if the Super Bowl had much to do with it but possibly? TV Line is reporting that "The Neighborhood" and "Man With a Plan" are up:

TV Line said:
CBS' Man With a Plan opened Season 3 on Monday night with 6.2 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating, up from both its sophomore finale and average, while also improving on time slot predecessor Happy Together (which averaged 4.6 mil/0.9)

Opening the Eye's night, The Neighborhood (7.5 mil/1.4) delivered a best-since-premiere audience while hitting a series high in the demo. Subbing for Magnum, Celeb Big Brother did 4.2 mil and a 1.1, while Bull (6.3 mil/0.8) was steady.

ABC doesn't support contemporary household values.
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Shit went down today I guess:

Could 'Lost' Return To ABC? New Chief Karey Burke Says It Is A Reboot She Would Be "Interested In Seeing" – TCA
Ahead of Burke's debut TCA session as President of ABC Entertainment, the Disney-owned broadcaster played a clip of some of its biggest hits. The clip opened with a spot from the third season finale where Matthew Fox's Jack told Evangeline Lilly's Kate that they needed to go back to the island – one of the show's most memorable moments.

When asked by Deadline whether we should read anything into the choice of this clip, she joked, "you should".

She added, "I would like that very much; that's a reboot I would be interested in seeing."
no.

'Pieces Of Her': Netflix Orders Novel-Based Series From Lesli Linka Glatter, Charlotte Stoudt & Bruna Papandrea
Netflix has given an eight-episode order to Pieces of Her, a series based on the 2018 book by best-selling crime author Karin Slaughter, from an all-female creative team of executive producers Lesli Linka Glatter (Homeland, Madmen), Charlotte Stoudt (Homeland, House of Cards) and Bruna Papandrea (Big Little Lies).

Written by Stoudt, who serves as showrunner, in Pieces of Her, when a Saturday afternoon trip to the mall with her mother suddenly explodes into violence, an adrift young woman's conception of her mother is forever changed. As figures from her mother's past start to resurface, she is forced to go on the run, and on that journey, she begins to piece together the truth of her mother's previous identity and uncovers secrets of her childhood.
Stop dicking around and give Lesli her long overdue Emmy.

Marvel Female Superheroes Drama Not Going To Pilot At ABC
ABC has opted not to proceed with a pilot order to its Marvel drama from Wonder Woman writer Allan Heinberg. The project, about female characters with superpowers, had a big pilot production commitment.

It is unclear whether the untitled hourlong drama from Heinberg, Marvel Television and ABC Studios, will be redeveloped.

In typical Marvel fashion, details about the drama were kept close to the vest, but it is believed to be based on lesser-known Marvel characters. There have been a number of fairly obscure female superhero team-ups that have appeared sporadically in Marvel comics over the years, including A-Force, Lady Liberators and Fearless Defenders.

'Modern Family' Renewed For 11th & Final Season By ABC
It's official — ABC's flagship comedy series Modern Family will wrap its run after one more season. The Emmy-winning family comedy has been picked up for an eleventh and final season, the network announced at TCA. I hear it will consist of at least 18 episodes and could expand to 22 episodes.

Also;
'Grey's Anatomy' Likely To Return For Season 16 After New ABC Chief Karey Burke Hints At Renewal
'The Conners' Nears Season 2 Renewal
'The Good Doctor', 'A Million Little Things' & 'Shark Tank' Renewed By ABC
'Good Trouble' Renewed For Season 2 By Freeform – TCA
'Grown-ish' Renewed For Season 3 By Freeform – TCA

Stop TV. U R doing 2 much rn.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
'Modern Family' Renewed For 11th & Final Season By ABC
Also;

'Grey's Anatomy' Likely To Return For Season 16 After New ABC Chief Karey Burke Hints At Renewal
'The Conners' Nears Season 2 Renewal
'The Good Doctor', 'A Million Little Things' & 'Shark Tank' Renewed By ABC
'Good Trouble' Renewed For Season 2 By Freeform – TCA
'Grown-ish' Renewed For Season 3 By Freeform – TCA

Stop TV. U R doing 2 much rn.
Seriously, what is it May?! *checks calendar* Nope, still February. *sighs*

That's good about "Modern Family" getting an actual final season. Hopefully they don't mess it up. This current season has been surprisingly not that bad.
I'm really happy (but not surprised) about "grown-ish" getting renewed. That show is still really good.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Grown-ish is a mixed bag for me. I think because they made Zoey too perfect on Black-ish and have not done the best job walking that back for Grown-ish.

Also did we know about this Marvel TV show?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a good time to end Modern Family. They have a number of solid seasons and its nice that they get to wrap up with a final one. I would not be shocked if there was some sort of spin off though. Happy about the Shark Tank renewal. As far as The Conners go, I think I could take it or leave it.

Grown-ish is a mixed bag for me. I think because they made Zoey too perfect on Black-ish and have not done the best job walking that back for Grown-ish.

Also did we know about this Marvel TV show?
Really? I felt like they have been doing a decent job showing Zoey being less than perfect when it comes to a good amount of scenes. They can stand to do more but I think they've done a good job so far.

As an aside, I'm really enjoying season 2 much more than the first season. Glad it was already renewed. I was kind of worried it would die after two season like Alone Together did.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Seems like a good time to end Modern Family. They have a number of solid seasons and its nice that they get to wrap up with a final one. I would not be shocked if there was some sort of spin off though. Happy about the Shark Tank renewal. As far as The Conners go, I think I could take it or leave it.

I have to see MF out to the end, but I wish it was ending this season. It hasn't been must see for at least 4-5 years.

On the other hand, I love The Conners.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
People that still don't know to check Threadmarks are gonna be scratching their heads for a minute at that title. lol

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I have to see MF out to the end, but I wish it was ending this season. It hasn't been must see for at least 4-5 years.

On the other hand, I love The Conners.
I feel the same about Modern Family. It was still pretty good to me even in those points where it wasn't must see but there was a season premiere (I want to say 9?) that was just so off it felt like the writers didn't even try. It almost made me want to quit the series there but its had some good moments since them so I'm glad I stuck with it. It'll be nice to see it wrap up.

The Conners aren't bad. I just feel lukewarm about the series for some reason. But I still watch it regularly so I guess I can't really complain about it anyways lol

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping Modern Family would end this year, but I guess one more season of it won't be too bad. Even though it's lost most of its luster, it's still fairly solid all things considered.

It sounds like they might try to find another home for it:

That's interesting. The premise had a ton of potential so hopefully it gets picked up somewhere.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Guess they're gonna stretch out the conspiracy on A Million Little Things since they got renewed. The main cast is pretty strong.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
TheBeardedOne I think you were just asking about 1 Million Little Things, wanted to let you know that it's been renewed per post #4372 above. I'm really glad it's been renewed, I've been enjoying it a whole lot.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be one of the few super into getting more Lost someday. It will likely be awful unless they go completely sideways with it, but it'll be a beautiful dream until then.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry

Really? I felt like they have been doing a decent job showing Zoey being less than perfect when it comes to a good amount of scenes. They can stand to do more but I think they've done a good job so far.

As an aside, I'm really enjoying season 2 much more than the first season. Glad it was already renewed. I was kind of worried it would die after two season like Alone Together did.

I was really surprised to see an imitation Leafs jersey being worn by a character in Grown-ish. He was wearing it in a commercial that kept airing while I watched 8 Simple Rules reruns during a free preview of the channel.

It made me happy

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I've been on a MF kick and record it on FX once a day. I've never watched a full season, though, or anything close.

I like it, but it's not something I can watch all the time.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I thought an even 10 as well as coinciding with BBT'S end would have been better, but I disgress.

Won't really miss it thought. It always rubbed me the wrong way from the start.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
'Mom' Renewed For Seasons 7 & 8 As Stars Anna Faris & Allison Janney Close New Deals

I'm really happy about this. I've really started to enjoy the show ever since other channels started doing reruns of it.
Wow! That's great. I'm glad they finally came to a deal that Anna Faris and Allison Janney agreed to. I'm still a few episodes behind on the current season but waiting until it all becomes available on Hulu is awfully tempting, especially since now it's sticking around for a great while...

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
People that still don't know to check Threadmarks are gonna be scratching their heads for a minute at that title. lol
I thought it was about American Housewife at first, and I was like no shock there lol.
Happy that Modern Family gets a final season at least, it's been in decline for several seasons now. Glad they at least get a send off, hope it's good.
waits for ABC to renew What would you do!?
I believe since that's run through the ABC News division, it's not a renewal that would be made publicly, likely will be an internal decision.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Let's hope it can keep up after BBT ends. It's a great show that gets overlooked a lot. The thread could use some love.
I know. I feel so bad looking at that thread because you're the only one posting in there (and in the FOTB thread) and I really want to help but I don't have cable or over-the-air TV so I just wait until the weekend when I watch them on Hulu. Mom being on CBS makes it worse since I still do the archaic method of going on to CBS.com to stream it and hooking up my laptop to my TV. Because of that, and because it's the only CBS show I currently watch, I'm several episodes behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.