• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So I was looking up info on The Gifted and realized something: they are trying to run the show for 4 seasons, and it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Between X-Men and Disney/Fox stuff, ratings at dipping and are barely reaching 2 mil. I knew they were doing some fancy letting with their titles, and realized that they are trying to spell out "XMEN", with the intention of the show going on that long, most likely. All of S1 has an X and all of S2 has an M capitalized somewhere. Makes sense, but I don't think it'll happen.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Feb-15.FRI_.png

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Hope they can fairly quickly just replace the narration and scenes with him physically there if the worst is true about that stuff.

Been missing a high quality science doc show like Cosmos. Maybe get Professor Jim Al-Khalili, he's done absolutely fantastic science docs. Or better yet get a female scientific like any of these women: https://fellowsblog.ted.com/meet-12...ppen-to-be-women-ace8d797bcad?gi=e2b73c081881

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you CBS! No wonder when I started my dvr this morning I was surprised when they made it to start TPIR on time.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/cbs-go...president-trumps-emergency-speech-1202558868/

CBS coverage of President Donald Trump's televised address on his national emergency declaration ended 21 minutes before its conclusion, as the eye network opted to return viewers to game show The Price Is Right. All of the other broadcast and cable news networks carried the declaration and press conference on Friday afternoon to its conclusion.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you CBS! No wonder when I started my dvr this morning I was surprised when they made it to start TPIR on time.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/cbs-go...president-trumps-emergency-speech-1202558868/

CBS coverage of President Donald Trump's televised address on his national emergency declaration ended 21 minutes before its conclusion, as the eye network opted to return viewers to game show The Price Is Right. All of the other broadcast and cable news networks carried the declaration and press conference on Friday afternoon to its conclusion.
What if all the networks just stopped airing anything from the Whitehouse?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings. It was a really quiet night. The Daytona 500 was on Fox during the day yesterday, so that's why repeats of The Simpsons and Bob's Burgers look so high:

Fast-Demo-2019-Feb-17.SUN_.png

Come join us and Marvel at Netflix's ability to cancel shows
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' Canceled By Netflix; Latter's 3rd Season Still To Air
Exactly a month after the launch of its second season on Netflix, Marvel's The Punisher has had to bite the bullet as has Jessica Jones.

As the only two series from the TV arm of the comic giant still left on the streamer, there will be no Season 3 of the Jon Bernthal led vigilante series, I've learned. The completed third season of the Krysten Ritter starring Jessica Jones will still appear on the streamer but will be put on ice for good after that.

This marks the end of the multi-series, big bucks and big ambitions relationship between Marvel and Netflix that started in 2013 with the announcement of four series and a The Defenders limited series.
Not surprising, and considering it has been downhill steadily since Daredevil season1 I'm not exactly gonna miss this mini-universe thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Sunday night's ratings. It was a really quiet night. The Daytona 500 was on Fox during the day yesterday, so that's why repeats of The Simpsons and Bob's Burgers look so high:

Fast-Demo-2019-Feb-17.SUN_.png
darn wheres the true ratings for the daytona 500, it was a sold out full house event at the track, curious if that translated into increased ratings.

Also how it would have ended before 7 but then all those crashes and restarts after the BIG ONE. I was so mad since my racer was so close to winning.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely shocked, but these characters will survive the cancellation. Disney knows how much people like the shows so I hazard we get a Hulu relaunch of the shows after the period to not use them is finished.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
darn wheres the true ratings for the daytona 500, it was a sold out full house event at the track, curious if that translated into increased ratings.

Also how it would have ended before 7 but then all those crashes and restarts after the BIG ONE. I was so mad since my racer was so close to winning.
Looks like Deadline has metered-market numbers but not total viewers yet.

Sunday's Daytona 500 with Denny Hamlin's win scored a 5.5/11 overnight metered-market rating, up 8% over last year's (5.1/11) record low, on Fox, according to Nielsen and Fox Sports.

The closing stage at Daytona International Speedway was marred by multiple crashes toward the end of the race, which might have given it a ratings boost.
Sunday's race was the top-ranked sports event of the weekend, besting TNT's NBA All-Star Game, which saw a 5.0 rating and also aired on TBS in some markets.
NASCAR Raceday on Fox registered a 2.7/7, also up 8% over last year's pre-race (2.5/6).

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' Canceled By Netflix; Latter's 3rd Season Still To Air

Not surprising, and considering it has been downhill steadily since Daredevil season1 I'm not exactly gonna miss this mini-universe thing.
Good thing I was sitting down when this shocking news was posted or I may have seriously injured myself.

I enjoyed most of the shows (sort of), but I'm fine with them ending. I wonder when they'll burn off season three of Jessica Jones.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Good thing I was sitting down when this shocking news was posted or I may have seriously injured myself.

I enjoyed most of the shows (sort of), but I'm fine with them ending. I wonder when they'll burn off season three of Jessica Jones.

don't lie, you are incapable of enjoying things :p

edit: lol? Netflix Youtube account is weird lately

Last edited:

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember much from JJ season 2. Bits and pieces. I do love Krysten Ritter though, hope she lands a good gig after this.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember much from JJ season 2. Bits and pieces. I do love Krysten Ritter though, hope she lands a good gig after this.
There honestly wasn't all that much to the season, and I'm not particularly looking forward to whatever season 3 is going to be.

-Jessica's mom is alive, is even stronger than Jessica, and also has uncontrollable anger issues which makes her a killing machine (her mom was primarily responsible for killing her old boyfriend that led to her being the depressed alcoholic she is today).
-We find out how Jessica got her powers.
-Jessica hooks up with her artist/forger neighbor with the kid
-Trish is jealous of Jessica's super powers, she gets addicted to super power drugs, then she gets surgery to be superpowered like jessica and at the end she seems to have super reflexes or something (she drops something and catches it with the tip of her foot if I remember right).
-Oh, and Trish shoots and kills Jessica's mom.
-Hogarth has a terminal illness, tries to get a superhero to cure her, gets conned, gets revenge on the con artists, but gets reinvigerated about living so she starts her own lawfirm.

Honestly, the Hogarth stuff is the only thing I'm interested in seeing more of, maybe the fallout of what happened to Jessica's character.
Hopefully Hogarth will find out that Iron Fist has healing powers and maybe Danny can cure her.
Trish got on my nerves in season 2 and I doubt she'll be any better in season 3 and she'll probably be just as big of a focus if not more. If they get a good villain or mystery for Jessica to solve in season 3 then it might be good, but I was super bored by the mystery in season 2 and the villain and the side stories didn't help elevate it.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Didn't even make it through the pilot of Friends From College, I've no idea why that show got a second season.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man , I just found videos on YouTube of USA Network's Combat Missions reality series.
Jesus that takes me back, 17 years ago is blowing my mind.

Someone should bring that series back, it only ended because it was right before the wars in the middle east really got going.
probably one of the best reality show's I can think of after Survivor and Amazing Race.
though would probably be a bit expensive in the current cable market.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the cast of Friends From College but after seeing what felt like universally negative things about the first season I never even watched an episode.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Manifest still doing well...
People are really starved for any supernatural event mystery series they can get, huh?

My fiance and I have all but dropped it. Only check it out if there's nothing else new to watch.
The mystery just keeps getting dumber with every new revelation, like now there's people in car accidents coming back to life and a dude wandering the woods and jumping a year into the future. And even though that stuff could potentially be interesting in a good show, here I just couldn't care less.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
Manifest still doing well...
People are really starved for any supernatural event mystery series they can get, huh?

My fiance and I have all but dropped it. Only check it out if there's nothing else new to watch.
The mystery just keeps getting dumber with every new revelation, like now there's people in car accidents coming back to life and a dude wandering the woods and jumping a year into the future. And even though that stuff could potentially be interesting in a good show, here I just couldn't care less.
It has about or less than half the numbers it started with. I think it started around or over 10mil but it was shedding a million viewers a week until it hit 5mil. It has seemed to stay stable at 5 million for a while now.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Childrens Hospital spinoff is a go.

Netflix Orders 'Medical Police' Comedy Series From 'Childrens Hospital' Team Starring Erinn Hayes & Rob Huebel
Netflix has given a 10-episode series order to Medical Police, starring Childrens Hospital alums Erinn Hayes and Rob Huebel, from former Childrens Hospital executive producers Rob Corddry, Jonathan Stern and David Wain and co-executive producer Krister Johnson, as well as Warner Horizon Scripted TV. Several other Childrens Hospital alums, Lake Bell, Corddry, Ken Marino and Malin Akerman, are set for recurring roles.

Medical Police, which had been in the works for awhile, including at TBS at one point, is considered an offshoot of Corddry's Emmy-winning Adult Swim series Childrens Hospital. He had hinted in interviews that he was working on a spinoff series.

Written by Corddry, Johnson, Stern and Wain and directed by Wain and Bill Benz, Medical Police is described as an action-packed thriller, mystery and love story. It centers on two American physicians (Hayes and Huebel) stationed at a pediatric hospital in São Paulo, Brazil, who discover a civilization-threatening virus. The duo are recruited as government agents in a race against time and around the world to find a cure and uncover a dark conspiracy.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'The Storyteller' Reimagining In Works by Neil Gaiman, Jim Henson Co. & Fremantle
Jim Henson's iconic 80s anthology series The Storyteller is eyeing a comeback. Fremantle has teamed with The Jim Henson Company and author/TV writer-producer Neil Gaiman (American Gods, Good Omens) to develop a reimagined version of The Storyteller for television.
In the new incarnation, written and executive produced by Gaiman, The Storyteller will create a mystical world combining various fairy tales and folklore. It will be updated to work "for the binging kind" of viewer of today, Gaiman said.

HBO Developing 'Loner' Drama Based On Teddy Wayne Novel
HBO is in early development on Loner, a drama based on the novel by Teddy Wayne, with Wayne attached to pen the pilot and co-executive produce.

In Loner, David Federman has never felt appreciated. An academically gifted yet painfully forgettable member of his New Jersey high school class, the withdrawn, mild-mannered freshman arrives at Harvard fully expecting to be embraced by a new tribe of high-achieving peers. Initially, however, his social prospects seem unlikely to change, sentencing him to a lifetime of anonymity.

Then he meets Veronica Morgan Wells. Struck by her beauty, wit, and sophisticated Manhattan upbringing, David becomes instantly infatuated. Determined to win her attention and an invite into her glamorous world, he begins compromising his moral standards for this one, great shot at happiness. But both Veronica and David, it turns out, are not exactly as they seem.

Juno Temple-Fronted Period Drama 'Little Birds' & Sci-Fi Drama 'Intergalactic' Lead Sky Drama Slate
Temple, who also starred in films such as Antonement and Killer Joe, is fronting Little Birds, an adaptation of Anais Nin's infamous collection of erotic short stories.

Written by The Girl Who Fell to Earth author Sophia Al-Maria and directed by Billions and House of Cards director Stacie Passon, Little Birds is produced by The Last Panthers and This Is England producer Warp Films. Set in Tangier in 1955, in the famous international zone, one of the last outposts of colonial decadence, it follows troubled American debutante Lucy Savage, played by Temple, as she faces a culture shock.

Thrilled to escape her controlling parents, Savage arrives full of anticipation for her marriage to her English fiancée, Lord Hugo Cavendish-Smythe, little knowing that Hugo has already lost his heart to someone else. As Lucy fights to carve out her independence and identity, her life becomes intertwined with Cherifa Lamour, played by Submarine star Yumna Marwan, a Moroccan dominatrix who services the diplomats and foreigners of this colourful, bohemian world and Egyptian Aristocrat Adham Abaza, played by 24: Legacy star Raphael Acloque, and they all become entangled with some very dangerous characters,
Intergalactic is an action-packed sci-fi drama, set in the 23rd Century and written by Prisoners' Wives and Secret Diary of a Call Girl writer Julie Gearey. It follows a crew of fierce female convicts who break free and go on the run.

The series follows Ash, a young flight cadet falsely imprisoned before becoming embroiled in an audacious prison break-out with a disparate gang of dynamic women, who fall in love and betray each other.

Colin Farrell To Star In See-Saw Films' Arctic Whaling Drama 'The North Water' For BBC
Colin Farrell is to star in the BBC's adaptation of The North Water. Deadline understands that the Minority Report star will front the series, written and directed by Lean on Pete and 45 Years' Andrew Haig

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Reading up on Loner, since I was not familiar with the novel, it sounds like something I don't particularly need in my life. I get more than enough toxic masculinity just by living and reading the news.

Children's Hospital was really long in the tooth by the time it ended, so hopefully they managed to get some new creative energy in the writer's room.
True. The modified premise will hopefully help there.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Reading up on Loner, since I was not familiar with the novel, it sounds like something I don't particularly need in my life. I get more than enough toxic masculinity just by living and reading the news.

Guarantee the only reason that's in development is because they saw the success of You on Netflix.

(but yeah, that sounds atrocious)

Status
Not open for further replies.