• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
wtf is up with this massacre? shows I watch Life in Pieces, Angie Tribeca and Splitting up Together = gone. Among a shit ton of others.

Did you not find Splitting Up Together cringeworthy? I like the leads -- especially the guy from Rules of Engagement, which I miss -- but it was so cheesy and bad at times. I made it into the second season, but eventually gave up.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I almost want to give up on Network TV because they cancel basically everything I give a damn about.

I really liked The Cool Kids among others already cancelled, I fear for A.P. Bio which grew on me tremendously but at least I have B99 and The Good Place.

Sometimes I feel like some shows aren't given a fair shake but hey that's the business.

I should just stream shows that survive cancellation that I was interested in lol

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I remember the show runners of This Is Us saying they wanted it to be 6 seasons total so this is great they'll get their wish.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
So thoughts on the new shows (gonna edit in trailers as they come, because I'm nice like that, and no this post said nothing else earlier)

NBC

I don't hate it, but I also don't see myself liking an entire season of this.

It looks all right, too America focused for me to even remotely care. Nice to see Joel Kim Booster though.

Generic tripe.

---------------------------------------------------

CBS

Evil (region locked trailer)

Doesn't really reveal much, it does look pretty good though (as in art/set direction, cinematography, etc)

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Sunnyside" seems like a nice show to watch when there's nothing else on TV.

"Whiskey Cavalier" was a big disappointment, as well. I was picturing a fun spy caper, big on style and chemistry, but the episodes were just meh.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Well that's no surprise considering they kept airing new episodes almost every time there were reruns beforehand airing the same night. They had basically no lead-in.

I'm okay with this since all of those shows are pretty comfortable for NBC. Also, I guess that means another Cinco de Mayo heist episode for B99!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
WB is apparently shopping it around though I doubt anyone bites.

Although, Lucifer somehow got saved so who knows.

I still doubt that she goes back to TWD in any regular capacity though, either way.
I don't know if I want Cohen back in TWD as a regular. When she bailed to another network, TWD viewers didn't even get any character goodbye or sensible update. A major character was suddenly gone and week after week other characters said vague crap like, "Oh she's with whatstheirname somewhere else". I doubt she ever wanted to be back as a regular.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
NBC has a few shows that are good enough hits. Superstore/Good Place/Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Will &Grace would be a solid lineup for the fall season. Their comedy lineup could get a boost with the lack of competition this time. But if those ratings don't go up next season... I predict a bloodbath.
If Brooklyn 99 or Good Place get cancelled im almost 100% certain they would get picked up by netflix. IIRC The Good Place is a netflix original outside the US and Michael Schur shows do real well on netflix.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Realistically, how long do we expect "The Good Place" to last? It's a very serialized show that has to have a definitive ending but shouldn't go on for too long. I felt like the third season started to drag and am nervous that the fourth season will too.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Realistically, how long do we expect "The Good Place" to last? It's a very serialized show that has to have a definitive ending but shouldn't go on for too long. I felt like the third season started to drag and am nervous that the fourth season will too.

Two more seasons, absolute max. I don't see it remaining sustainable narratively if they try to push it further than that.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I still doubt that she goes back to TWD in any regular capacity though, either way.

I don't know if she wants to be a regular, but I also think it depends on how much they offer her. The writers are obviously eager to keep the remainder of the old guard around and Reedus and McBride received massive paydays for signing new 3 year deals. I doubt Cohan would say no to that kind of money. It's not exactly like her career is blowing up like Gurira's.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Update - Fox, ABC, and The CW are done, while CBS and NBC still have a few decisions left to make.

ABC said:
Renewed:

Modern Family (final season)
Black-ish
The Conners
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
A Million Little Things
The Good Doctor
Station 19
How to Get Away with Murder
Grey's Anatomy
Single Parents
Fresh Off the Boat
The Rookie
Bless This Mess
American Housewife
The Goldbergs
Schooled

Cancelled:

Take Two
For the People
The Kids Are Alright
The Fix
Splitting Up Together
Speechless
Whiskey Cavalier

Fox said:
Renewed:

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Bob's Burgers
Last Man Standing
Empire (final season)
9-1-1
The Resident
The Orville

Cancelled:

Rel
Gotham
The Gifted
The Cool Kids
The Passage
Lethal Weapon
Star
Proven Innocent

CBS said:
Renewed:

Criminal Minds (final season)
NCIS
NCIS Los Angeles
NCIS New Orleans
FBI
SWAT
SEAL Team
Hawaii Five-0
Blue Bloods
MacGyver
Magnum PI
Bull
Madam Secretary
Mom
God Friended Me
The Neighborhood
Young Sheldon
Man with a Plan

Cancelled:

The Big Bang Theory
Elementary
Salvation
Murphy Brown
Life in Pieces
Fam
Happy Together

TBD:

The Code
Instinct
Ransom

NBC said:
Renewed:

Law & Order: SVU
Chicago Fire
Chicago PD
Chicago Med
The Blacklist
New Amsterdam
Manifest
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Good Place
Superstore
Will & Grace
Good Girls
Blindspot (final season)
This is Us

Cancelled:

Trial & Error
Reverie
Marlon
Midnight, Texas
I Feel Bad

TBD:

The Village
The InBetween
The Enemy Within
Abby's
A.P. Bio

The CW said:
Renewed:

Supernatural (final season)
Arrow (final season)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
The Flash
Supergirl
Black Lightning
Riverdale
Legacies
Charmed
Dynasty
The 100
All American
In the Dark
Roswell, New Mexico
The Outpost
Burden of Truth

Cancelled:

Nothing!

Last edited:

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
OH MY GOD, THE SHOCK RETURN OF LONE STAR BronsonLee

Sure it's a 911 spinoff with Rob "🤮" Lowe in the lead but

Lone Star!

tumblr_mbuar5chK01ridkofo3_250.gif

Oh.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It was even a really good drama!
The behind the scenes shit that is, haven't actually watched the show.
lol
The show itself was fine. The drama is funny when it's basically them picking the wrong person to scapegoat and well, the whole thing is done.

Also, funny enough, I don't see people wringing their hands over the people who lost their jobs on that show like they did with Fresh Off The Boat in that other thread. No one calling Wayans an ungrateful bastard and all that. lol

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
The BAFTAs is the only awards show that matter (aka, at least one of these fuckers had enough sense to give Patrick Melrose the best miniseries award)

Drama series
Bodyguard (BBC One)
Killing Eve (BBC America/BBC Three) – WINNER
Save Me (Sky Atlantic)
Informer (BBC One)

Mini-series
A Very English Scandal (BBC One)
Kiri (Channel 4)
Mrs Wilson (BBC One)
Patrick Melrose (Showtime/Sky Atlantic) – WINNER

Leading actress
Jodie Comer – Killing Eve (BBC America/BBC Three) – WINNER
Sandra Oh – Killing Eve (BBC America/BBC Three)
Keeley Hawes – Bodyguard (BBC One)
Ruth Wilson – Mrs Wilson (BBC One)

Leading actor
Hugh Grant – A Very English Scandal (BBC One)
Chance Perdomo – Killed By My Debt (BBC Three)
Lucian Msamati – Kiri (Channel 4)
Benedict Cumberbatch – Patrick Melrose (Showtime/Sky Atlantic) – WINNER

Full list over here, courtesy of The Guardian

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Perfect Harmony is the only new show so far I'm kind of interested in I'm in for the songs at least I'll give it a shot

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Also, funny enough, I don't see people wringing their hands over the people who lost their jobs on that show like they did with Fresh Off The Boat in that other thread. No one calling Wayans an ungrateful bastard and all that. lol
Looking at the ratings from this past season of FOTB, odds are they either dropped it long ago or have never watched it. We all know how people on the internet can be...

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the ratings from this past season of FOTB, odds are they either dropped it long ago or have never watched it. We all know how people on the internet can be...
Hah, I didn't even think about the fact that most people talking about Wu now probably haven't seen the show.

There were plenty of people doing that, including on this board.
Was there a 10+ page thread about Lethal Weapon and the poor people on the show whose lives he's ruined?
I remember the talk of Kevin Spacey and the ethics of continuing the show after they fired him, but then again I think maybe a small handful of people actually cared about Lethal Weapon. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.