• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Already halfway through filming S2 of The Boys too, huh. Curious to see if the show's any good, seems like the only things out are (mixed) reviews of the pilot, guess we'll find out next week.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
ughh fxx renewed Archer. At least they're promising that Archer will finally wake from his coma next season...

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017

It's all but certain, though, that a reconciliation is in the works and an announcement of their intended reunification, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter, is due Aug. 8, the day each is set to report quarterly earnings.
Some insiders — only on deep background, but with a straight face — say that putting Star Trek back under one roof is, indeed, one important reason to reunite Viacom with CBS, much like Disney has worked hard to keep as many Marvel characters as possible in its singular House of Mouse. For that matter, Mission: Impossible also could use some continuity, as Viacom has the films while CBS ran the original series from 1966 to 1973.
CBS, with its superior market cap ($20 billion compared to $13 billion) would be the acquiring company and is thus expected to pay a premium, possibly as much as $15.4 billion, to acquire Viacom. If merged, CBS-Viacom's value would slightly eclipse that of SiriusXM Radio, though it wouldn't approach Disney or Comcast, worth $253 billion and $201 billion, respectively, or even Sony ($68 billion).

The price, though, is a sticking point, as is the management structure, since Shari is said to prefer that Viacom CEO Bob Bakish run the potentially reunified company rather than CBS CEO Joe Ianniello, whose contract expires at the end of 2019.
I am very ambivalent towards this. At least Viacom isn't headed up by Phillipe Dauman as it was last time merger talk was happening, that would have been a disaster for CBS.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Friday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jul-19.FRI_.png

Oct 25, 2017
A show where you want the zombies to win.

Game of Thrones already ended tho.

I'm only because someone said Gaaaaaalaaaaaavaaaaant ! *stab*

Also, I still want that third season of People Of Earth. I'll take comic form, but it seems like a shame to let writing on something good go to waste like that.

Though in terms of sheer prophetic value, I would appreciate a return of Braindead. It's hard to imagine someone playing an evil Republican character nowadays with the amount of fun that Tony Shalhoub was having with it in that show. Red Wheatus was a joy to behold. ... and I just figured out what his name is a reference to. Dammit, show!

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
NOS4A2 renewed for season 2 by AMC

Not a lot of people here watched it but I thought it was really solid. I'm looking forward to season 2.

Also, interesting wording from the showrunner here:

"I am so excited for the opportunity to bring the rest of Joe Hill's amazing novel to television."

"the rest of the novel" suggests that season 2 will cover, well, the rest of the novel and may be the last season. The first season covered roughly 1/3 of the book, so I had assumed there would be 3 seasons total, but maybe they decided not to stretch it out so much.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
those Disney + shows clearly a lot more actually part of the MCU, and tied with upcoming movies... that shit is going to sell like hotcakes isnt it?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
'Doom Patrol' Renewed for Season 2 on Both HBO Max and DC Universe
Doom Patrol is getting a second season — and a second home.

The series has been renewed for a second season, executive producer Jeremy Carver told the crowd at Comic-Con Saturday evening. The show will air simultaneously on its original home, DC Universe, and on parent company WarnerMedia's forthcoming HBO Max streaming platform. Season two is set to premiere in 2020; an episode count hasn't been determined yet.

Additionally, all 15 episodes of Doom Patrol's first season will be available on HBO Max when the service debuts next year (a beta release is currently set for late 2019).

The dual run will help HBO Max get to its goal of having some 10,000 hours of content available when it launches. The announcement also comes amid questions about the year-old DC Universe's place in WarnerMedia's larger streaming ecosystem.
Warner Bros really has no idea how it's eventually going to consolidate all its platforms, especially with some of the additional features the others have.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They need to either bring over all the other DC shows/movies to DC Universe when the Netflix rights expire so it's a far more complete package or just move it all to HBO Max and segue DCU into just being a comics service at a reduced price. Maybe they're waiting to see how HBO Max's beta goes first.

Either way I'm happy because I assumed all this mess meant Doom Patrol and Young Justice would be casualties.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, the whole being selective strategy w/HBO Max seems iffy. Like will Titans, Young Justice, wind up on HBO Max down the road or will they pick and choose. You think it would be beneficial to get more exposure for any series and grow the viewer audience.

I've heard good things about Doom Patrol, no idea when I will be able to get around to checking it out.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
'Doom Patrol' Renewed for Season 2 on Both HBO Max and DC Universe

Warner Bros really has no idea how it's eventually going to consolidate all its platforms, especially with some of the additional features the others have.
IE, comics and whatnot on DCU?

I'm glad that Doom Patrol is returning, but that it's only happening with HBO Max's involvement does not give me much cause for optimism about the future of DCU as a service. A DC-only service was probably always to niche to justify what they're spending on content

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

~*~let things end~*~

(also don't fuck over talented women in the industry kthxbye)

HBO initially said they weren't going to do a third season but over the last few months they've changed their tune. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to wring 3-4 more seasons out of it to be honest.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HBO initially said they weren't going to do a third season but over the last few months they've changed their tune. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to wring 3-4 more seasons out of it to be honest.
Good, if they keep up this level of quality I'm happy to get 10 more seasons of the best soap opera on TV.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
NOS4A2 renewed for season 2 by AMC

Not a lot of people here watched it but I thought it was really solid. I'm looking forward to season 2.

Also, interesting wording from the showrunner here:

"the rest of the novel" suggests that season 2 will cover, well, the rest of the novel and may be the last season. The first season covered roughly 1/3 of the book, so I had assumed there would be 3 seasons total, but maybe they decided not to stretch it out so much.

I want to watch it. I keep seeing the trailer while I am catching up on FTWD

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
NOS4A2 has been good to great so far in my opinion. Episode 5's basically The episode where, if you've watched to that point and don't like it, you're better off abandoning ship, but if you've watched to that point and Love it, you'll very much enjoy continuing on. Definitely the highlight of AMC Sundays

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Markella Kavenagh is in talks for a role in the upcoming epic fantasy series. Details of Kavenagh's characters are being kept under wraps, but sources say she would be playing a character named Tyra.(edited)
The secrecy of the whole LOTR project is doing more to turn me off than even the (now seemingly discarded) young Aragorn rumour.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the LotR project is just a huge mess now and they're behind in practically every aspect of it. They're simply trying to mask this by describing it being extremely secretive.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was Ratsky that mentioned the renewal for Archer a day or so ago. I saw the news but still don't know how I really feel about it.

At least part of it is confusion cause I thought Adam Reed really wanted to stop

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Good, if they keep up this level of quality I'm happy to get 10 more seasons of the best soap opera on TV.
I would also love 10 more seasons of Dynasty. :D
Archer renewed...... I kinda wish it would end.
I tried to get back into Archer a few seasons ago and definitely felt like it ran out of ideas in terms of humor (seems like they had to do one-off seasons to keep it fresh somehow). Haven't watched it in probably 3-4 years now.

Meanwhile I constantly watch and rewatch Bob's Burgers and it kills me almost every time. The characters and wacky anticsnever get old to me.

Last edited:

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
This latest season of Archer has been a bit better than the previous coma seasons. Glad to hear they're gonna bring Archer out of the coma in the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.