• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
In a competitive situation, HBO Max has landed Anna K, a TV series adaptation of Jenny Lee's upcoming YA novel, with a put pilot commitment. The project, now in early development, is a modern-day, empowering, multicultural retelling of Leo Tolstoy's classic Anna Karenina.

Described as Gossip Girl and 13 Reasons Why meets Crazy Rich Asians, Anna K is set between Manhattan and Greenwich, CT. It follows a Korean-American "it" girl caught between her picture-perfect, family-approved boyfriend and the guy who might just be her one true love, along with her high-flying cast of friends and family.
oh god. I don't know what is funnier, Anna Karenina as YA or Deadline dancing around just saying "Gossip Girl and 13 Reasons Why but with Asians leads".

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Looking forward to Supernatural Season 16 in three years.

"Supernatural" is ending after its upcoming 15th season, but series star Jensen Ackles says he's open to returning to the world down the line.

"It's long journey that I don't think is ever going to be over," Ackles said at the Television Critics Association press tour on Sunday. "I think we're just going to go away for a while. For how long, I don't know."

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Aug-04-SUN.png

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

I was dreading this news when Jason Issacs posted this last week:

Between cancelling Sense8 and The OA, Netflix has failed me on that general style of sci-fi drama. Really frustrated. Even if I loved the endings of both of The OA's seasons standalone, I hope Brit Marling gets to produce an ending somehow if she wants - I'd be down to contributing to crowdfunding if it came to that.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I dreading this news when Jason Issacs posted this last week:

Between cancelling Sense8 and The OA, Netflix has failed me on that general style of sci-fi drama. Really frustrated. Even if I loved the endings of both of The OA's seasons standalone, I hope Brit Marling gets to produce an ending somehow if she wants - I'd be down to contributing to crowdfunding if it came to that.

at least sense8 got a movie? never watched the show. is it at least somewhat satisfying conclusion with the movie?

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
at least sense8 got a movie? never watched the show. is it at least somewhat satisfying conclusion with the movie?
Yes, Netflix produced an unprecedented Sense8 finale special. It was still an upsetting month between Netflix announcing the cancellation and then announcing the consolation after a seemingly effective, organized fan campaign to save the show (the finale just happened to be announced a day within the window where we could one-click reverse our sub cancellation, heh, but idk).

I absolutely appreciate the Sense8 finale for what it was on the creatives' end, but it was a flimsy band-aid in my trust in the business end of Netflix. Continuing to support a show like The OA was what Netflix could do to build my trust back up with the genre, supporting artists like the Wachowskis and Marling.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Elementary ending next week I think. iZombie ended already. Supernatural and Arrow also ending next year. All my faves ending, I'm not gonna have much to watch soon.

welcome to my world from 2-3 years ago when Black Sails, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dark Matter, etc all ended. All the new stuff isn't as interesting to me. Oh well, its given me OODLES of time to catch up on stuff I missed like Ozark, The 100, Good Place, etc.

The one show this year I really do love is The Boys on Amazon, its ranking right up there with my top 10 shows of all time. But virtually everything new on Netflix or cable is just meh to me.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Sad for fans of The OA - I never watched it but was still able to appreciate its craziness from afar.

With the cancellations of Tuca & Bertie, Now Apocalypse, Baskets, and The OA, these past few weeks have not been kind to quirky TV. I swear to bob if Lodge 49 gets cancelled...😤

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
'Live In Front Of A Studio Audience': ABC Renews Norman Lear Special For Two More Installments
ABC is bringing back Live in Front of a Studio Audience for two more outings. The broadcaster is to air a live holiday special this winter as well as another special in spring 2020.

This comes after Jimmy Kimmel's live staging on Norman Lear's All in the Family and The Jeffersons scored over 22M viewers when it aired in May.

The network hasn't revealed which classic shows are set for either special, but there are plenty of shows to choose from in Lear's library including Maude, Good Times and Sanford and Son.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'Event Horizon' Series in Development at Amazon
Amazon and Paramount Television are developing a series adaptation of the 1997 sci-fi horror film "Event Horizon," Variety has learned.

Adam Wingard is set to executive produce and direct the potential series. Wingard recently directed the film "Godzilla vs. Kong," which is due out in theaters in March 2020. He has previously directed films like the recent "Blair Witch" reboot, "The Guest," "You're Next," and the live-action version of "Death Note." He also wrote and directed films like "Autoerotic" and "What Fun We Were Having."

Wingard willl executive produce along with Larry Gordon, Lloyd Levin, and Jeremy Platt. Gordon and Levin both produced the film.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
And stop putting 4K content in a separate page. Or bundle all seasons of a show together.
That's funny because in Canada here the app on my smart TV doesn't have a separate 4k listing. It's just 1 listing for a show and if its available in 4k that's the one you get lol. Which is still not ideal because you should be able to pick non 4K as an option, some people have data caps.

And as I've mentioned before the PS4 app doesnt do 4K at all.

It's a mess.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Going back to Netflix shows I would be bummed if they cancel, Patriot Act is up there, then again if they do cancel I'm part of the problem as I haven't watched volume 3 and I see volume 4 just started.

Need to rectify that soon.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Elementary ending next week I think

Didn't believe my eyes when I saw this. The Reichenbach storyline has been beyond lazy, and

Morland being blind to the power that Odin had was so unlike the character that they basically retconned him into being stupid before effectively Fridging him

but with two eps left may as well see it through. :/

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Brand new mostly" makes me think someone introduced or related to our current line-up on screen.

The two that first came to mind were Kamala or She-Hulk.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Kamala ain't happening as Feige is likely putting her on Disney+ so she can be in the movies, She Hulk has a interesting grey area since her rights are with Universal but could fall under the Hulk thing.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to say She-Hulk because a She-Hulk legal procedural in the vein of something like Boston Legal or just any good courtroom drama could be amazing.

But, to your other point, if it is She-Hulk, I'm sad Jen will never get to share the big-screen with the broader MCU.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She-Hulk makes a lot of sense for ABC because all I can see is the really bad network version of SHE-Hulk, the female Hulk lawyer show that everyone will mock as if it were satire.

Nov 1, 2017
Only Netflix show I'd be bummed to lose now is Mindhunter. But I'm still expecting it to be canceled. There's no way Fincher's involvement doesn't run the budget way up past the point of profitability.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
My heart!

THR: 'Happy Endings' Reboot at ABC? "There's a Remote Possibility"

ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke talks with The Hollywood Reporter about bringing back the beloved and short-lived comedy.

Could Happy Endings live to see another day at ABC?

According to ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke, the answer may surprise you.

"I will never say never; I'm hearing whispers," Burke told The Hollywood Reporter during an interview Monday after her time onstage at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour. "That is a dream of a lot of people at ABC. I'm hearing that there's a remote possibility of something. It's at the very beginning [stages]."

Burke, who replaced Channing Dungey at the helm of ABC in November, noted that Happy Endings perfectly represents the type of comedies she and new head of comedy Erin Wehrenberg are looking for in a bid to expand the network's family comedy brand.

"Happy Endings was certainly one of my favorite ABC shows," admitted Burke, "One of the things Erin and I bonded over when she came over [from Warner Bros. TV] to take over comedy development was a desire to do a show like Happy Endings, which led to a conversation about Happy Endings. So, I think she's exploring what's possible."

The mountains I would move to make this happen...

Of course, nothing's actually being done right now, but I like the way the new president of ABC is thinking already.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pitch was ALMOST revived, till it wasn't.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Fogelman and executive producers Kevin Falls and Rick Singer as well as execs at fellow producer Major League Baseball — who were all instrumental in season one — were told by 20th TV execs to hit the ground running as they worked out which Disney platform would be home for Pitchseason two. This transpired in late April, barely a month after Disney's Fox acquisition closed and shortly after Fogelman renewed his overall deal with 20th TV. Fox's TV studio was among the assets that became part of the Disney fold after the $71.3 billion asset acquisition closed in mid-March.

Sources note that a revival of Pitch — a passion project for New York Mets fan Fogelman — was among the chips 20th TV pulled out to ensure the producer behind one of the studio's biggest hits remained with it amid offers from multiple other suitors.

After meeting with execs at the studio, space for a writers room on the Paramount lot was reserved and producers started making calls to staff up for season two. No offers or deals were made/signed. Producers met with casting and business affairs execs in that same late April meeting and learned data about the show's streaming performance as the family-focused Disney+ was considered the likely and logical new home for Pitchseason two.

Sources say Fogelman reiterated to execs that he didn't want to pitch season two of the drama about the first woman to play in Major League Baseball, but instead wanted a green light to revive the show. Producers, sources note, felt that season two wasn't a question of "if" but "for whom," though no official deals were completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.