• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TRvPbQH.gif

Hence the think emoji!
I'm so bad with the Hieroglyphics.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where broadcast TV will be in a few years after these significant streaming platforms start launching will be VERY interesting. I wonder how they'll handle it. These declines are getting DIRE.
I feel like all of the networks know and that is why they finally have invested in streamers. FOX is going to probably cease existing sooner than later (they only are sticking around for now as part of the Disney merger deal due to Antitrust laws). All of the old Fox production pipeline, along with the ABC pipeline, is going to be funneled to either Hulu or Disney+ soon enough. NBC's now going to have Peacock. CW stuff will end up on HBO Max.

CBS is the only real odd man out with CBS AA very clearly not taking off, but for now they also are still primarily making series appealing to an older demo. I suspect after the Viacom re-merger is finalized they come up with some other solution, maybe their own version of HBO Max with CBS, CBS AA, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, TV Land, MTV, and Showtime funneling in.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think ATT and Viacom quadruple dipping on services is gonna backfire
Anyone having multiple services just isn't sustainable. Everything will consolidate into one eventually. For example, I don't see anything outside of HBO Max existing for Warners in the long term.

The possible exception to this may be Hulu and Disney+ due to Disney's desire to keep R rated and off-brand content off of their primary service.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I feel like all of the networks know and that is why they finally have invested in streamers. FOX is going to probably cease existing sooner than later (they only are sticking around for now as part of the Disney merger deal due to Antitrust laws). All of the old Fox production pipeline, along with the ABC pipeline, is going to be funneled to either Hulu or Disney+ soon enough. NBC's now going to have Peacock. CW stuff will end up on HBO Max.

CBS is the only real odd man out with CBS AA very clearly not taking off, but for now they also are still primarily making series appealing to an older demo. I suspect after the Viacom re-merger is finalized they come up with some other solution, maybe their own version of HBO Max with CBS, CBS AA, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, TV Land, MTV, and Showtime funneling in.
Oh, I know from a production standpoint, they've already prepared for this eventuality (though how well that will work out for them is still a big question mark)
I just meant functionally wise, unlike a cable network shutting down and stopping distribution, you still have local affiliates that are still operating. How will all of that be handled? How does the schedule change from that standpoint? That's more what I'm talking about and rn, that's still a large unknown. Next few years should be very interesting.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I know from a production standpoint, they've already prepared for this eventuality (though how well that will work out for them is still a big question mark)
I just meant functionally wise, unlike a cable network shutting down and stopping distribution, you still have local affiliates that are still operating. How will all of that be handled? How does the schedule change from that standpoint? That's more what I'm talking about and rn, that's still a large unknown. Next few years should be very interesting.
Broadcast channels are not just going to go away. At least not any time soon. We're primarily talking about prime time scripted television here. All of those channels are still going to stick around for a long while with their daytime talk shows and soaps and evening news. Unscripted series are also still pulling in sustainable numbers, so I suspect they'll just expand those offerings as scripted disappears elsewhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having multiple services just isn't sustainable. Everything will consolidate into one eventually. For example, I don't see anything outside of HBO Max existing for Warners in the long term.

The possible exception to this may be Hulu and Disney+ due to Disney's desire to keep R rated and off-brand content off of their primary service.
Honestly expect DC Universe is dead/merged in literally the month Max launches without a prior announcement.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly expect DC Universe is dead/merged in literally the month Max launches without a prior announcement.
There are 10+ services to get rid of before DC Universe. ATT has already showed they hardly care about redundancies, so it would really have to be underperforming for them to dead it. And HBO Max is certainly not adding a comics section, so they won't want to miss out on that MU money

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Bless the Harts is actually getting good reviews, some of the best of premiere week, which surprised me.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Bless the Harts was... actually pretty good. None of the characters were overly obnoxious. They may be eccentric, but who isn't in an animated show? Sadly, I don't think I can keep up once Supergirl/Batwoman roll on by. Also...

Bless the Harts - 0.7

I don't think it will be enough to lift the ratings.

Last edited:

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Oof those ratings... In general

Also, I know I'm super duper late, but I'm still sad about Patriot (even given the weaker 2nd season)

Perpetual Grace LTD is very similar, but I expect it will be too similar insofar as it'll get cancelled. Then I can cancel epix for good too

Also, did Bojack get cancelled? I haven't watched sad horse show in a while. Did it go to shit?

Perfectionist Horseman commits perjury, held In Contempt

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I don't watch Fear the Walking Dead, but what I've heard what's happening to Alicia sounds terrible. The actress deserves better.

giphy.gif

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Sunday night's ratings. Fox's "Bless the Harts" premiered in line with the rest of the night's programming. This chart overall, though, is kinda messed up due to "Local Programming" being in place of where "Family Guy" is supposed to be (not sure why that happened), and CBS's schedule was all messed up due to football overtime. I'm sure it'll all be fixed when Final Ratings are released...tomorrow:

Fast-Demo-2019-Sep-29-SUN.png

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix Officially Orders Stranger Things 4
Stranger Things 4 is officially a go at Netflix. The streaming network announced on Monday a formal green light for the fourth installment of its sci-fi smash from creators Matt and Ross Duffer. Not so coincidentally, Netflix has also signed the Duffer Brothers to a multiyear deal to make movies and TV shows. While there's no official word on when Stranger Things 4 will debut, but given the production realities of the big-budget epic, the next installment will almost certainly not arrive until 2021 at the earliest. But Netflix and the Duffers are offering a clue about the new season, hinting in a renewal-announcement video that the show will be headed beyond Hawkins.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
So carol's second act and all rise were meh they were the only new shows in was interested in

I love the politician though

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Sunday night's ratings. Fox's "Bless the Harts" premiered in line with the rest of the night's programming. This chart overall, though, is kinda messed up due to "Local Programming" being in place of where "Family Guy" is supposed to be (not sure why that happened), and CBS's schedule was all messed up due to football overtime. I'm sure it'll all be fixed when Final Ratings are released...tomorrow:

Yeah, even Bobs Burgers moving to 9 couldn't stop it. Simpsons still reigns in FOX and looks like a regular Sunday with Football influencing things.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy Bob's Burgers is finally at least in a spot where it won't be preempted a bunch of times during the season. I'm struggling to remember what other shows must have been available in the past that took two slots and made Bob's Burgers a 7:30 show. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2017

ABC really needs to put Shark Tank bank of Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.