• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And we'll see how fast they start scratching stuff if it doesn't work out or before we end up with bad looking high budget stuff like Another Life.
I mean, Netflix right now is the king of sort of low-high budget (if that makes sense). The money Disney, Apple, Amazon, and AT&T) are throwing around will make even their highest budgeted stuff look much lower. Netflix probably WILL have a tough time keeping up (which is going to be another problem for them in the near future), but they're still dabbling in this stuff be it stuff already released like Altered Carbon and Lost in Space, or upcoming like The Witcher and Cowboy Bebop.

Not every show is going to have a mega-budget. They don't all need it. But these big genre shows absolutely will. If some of them don't work out and get cancelled, they're not just going to all of a sudden stop making others. The bar has been set at a certain level, and it's going to continually be raised. Which drags up even the lowest budgeted shows out there. The industry isn't going to backslide on this. Just look even 10 years ago, before any of the streamers existed, and compare what shows looked like then compared to the 90s. Television is rapidly evolving.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The numbers are for the past year. Would be interesting to see where something like Russian Doll or GLOW Season 3 come in.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what this means. Last three seasons of what? The Arrowverse shows are all made in a distinctly different way from how Lois & Clark was made in the 90s. They're even made in a pretty different way from Smallville only last decade, although that one is arguably the precursor of the current formula in quite a few ways.

How exactly are they going to stop? They've each outlined/greenlit at least 3 years of tons of high budget content.

None of the services need to release a super big thing every month, that is what the deluge of lower budget stuff is for. Filling those gaps between the super big shows, of which each service will have 4-5 (at least) a year. Also, consider that Disney+ is going with the weekly release model, not the binge model -- which will help some things. We don't know if HBO Max is doing the same yet.

Sorry, I meant smallville being the series that the last three seasons that felt like a proper Lois and Clark reimagining.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

ABC's "Schooled" and "Modern Family" went up 0.1 from last week.
CBS's "Survivor" went up 0.2 from last week, "SEAL Team" went up 0.1, and "S.W.A.T." went down 0.1.
NBC's "Chicago Med" and "Chicago Fire" went up 0.2 from last week, while "Chicago P.D." went up a whopping 0.4! NBC had a good night.
Fox's "The Masked Singer" went up 0.1 from last week.
The CW's "Riverdale" went way down 0.2 from last week, but at least "Nancy Drew" kept all of its lead-in.

Fast-Demo-2019-Oct-16-WED.png

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Wednesday night's ratings:

ABC's "Schooled" and "Modern Family" went up 0.1 from last week.
CBS's "Survivor" went up 0.2 from last week, "SEAL Team" went up 0.1, and "S.W.A.T." went down 0.1.
NBC's "Chicago Med" and "Chicago Fire" went up 0.2 from last week, while "Chicago P.D." went up a whopping 0.4! NBC had a good night.
Fox's "The Masked Singer" went up 0.1 from last week.
The CW's "Riverdale" went way down 0.2 from last week, but at least "Nancy Drew" kept all of its lead-in.

Fast-Demo-2019-Oct-16-WED.png

Really getting concerned about S.W.A.T.

Wow on those Chicago numbers. Was last night the big crossover?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
While this is clearly a PR type of show, I am actually pretty interested in this, assuming they actually show/detail things that aren't already publicly well known.

I'm also pretty interested in this show but I do enjoy watching Youtube videos about the history of theme park rides so this really just seems like an official version of something I already enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.