• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that Warner wouldn't want to bet a fortune on Sandman breaking out and/or instantly driving huge subscribership, especially when guaranteed profit is on the table (plus all the ancillary profits).

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that Warner wouldn't want to bet a fortune on Sandman breaking out and/or instantly driving huge subscribership, especially when guaranteed profit is on the table (plus all the ancillary profits).
Right, if someone else wants to front the cash on something you think won't make money, why not go for it?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Monday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jul-01.MON_.png

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Family Matters? Step by Step? Hangin' with Mr. Cooper? Place your bets on our next revival.
Family Matters. I had an idea for a revival years ago when Fuller House was announced.
Laura and Steve are married and rich due to Steve's inventions, Carl and Harriett live with them after their retirement. Carl can't keep up with all the new technology and keeps blowing things up which drives Steve crazy.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
HBO divorces "Divorce"?
I have limited computer access for a bit so probably won't remember/care enough to update the title for a bit unless something major gets canned. Also, I realised that I'm not sure that referencing this song would have yielded results considering the demographics of the site despite its inclusion in GTA V:

So use you imagination and pretend I updated the title to say: "2018-19 Season TV Cancellations/Pilots: Our C-A-N-C-E-L-L-A-T-I-O-N becomes final today"

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
After years of hating the type-cast, Jaleel White recently played Urkel again on a Scooby Doo special. So, since he's open to the character again, it looks like it's completely possible now.

us geeks in 2019 are not the same as geeks in 1989. I wonder how the character would have evolved.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
"HBO Max" is apparently the current favorite working title for the new Warner streaming service, according to TV Line

Does it stand for "HBO + Cinemax" or "MAXIMUM HBO"? Either way I think it's a shitty title and kind of confusing. Will their original series be branded as "HBO series" or "Warner series"? If you leave Warner or WB out of the title, will people know that the service is more than HBO/Cinemax - that it has 100 years of legacy titles from Warner's vault (old films, Friends, Looney Tunes, Big Bang Theory, etc)? Unless a major rebrand of HBO is in the works, this doesn't really work for me ("HBO" reviving Family Matters would confuse the fuck out of people lol).

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They really think HBO has bigger name recognition over Warner? I mean they're not Disney but it feels like they're the next closest thing. Especially internationally.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Naming it with some form of HBO is a bad idea since that is typically associated with their adult, quality content. Why can't they just name it something simple like WBTV? Everyone knows what WB is.

Reven

Oct 25, 2017
WB Plus, WB Online, Warner All Access, Warner Max, literally anything without HBO in the name would be better. Having HBO Go and HBO Now is already confusing enough.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It's following Jesse some time after the finale. And who said Walt died? It wasn't definitive.
I didn't even consider Walt would be alive in the present day in the movie. Wow. Interesting. I figured it would be all Jesse. I mean you're absolutely right it wasn't definitive but I thought most people took it as Walt being dead. I thought Gilligan said so at the time, too, but I just looked it up and couldn't find any such confirmation.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I didn't even consider Walt would be alive in the present day in the movie. Wow. Interesting. I figured it would be all Jesse. I mean you're absolutely right it wasn't definitive but I thought most people took it as Walt being dead. I thought Gilligan said so at the time, too, but I just looked it up and couldn't find any such confirmation.
We don't know if he's alive or shown in "unseen flashbacks" or something like hallucinations.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Fuzzy, thanks for both your replies. Makes sense. I agree with you. I thought it was a fitting finale. The last Jesse scene was very cathartic. Very interested to see what happens in the movie.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I trust Vince Gilligan. BCS turned out wildly better than almost anyone anticipated (Peter Gould obviously should get maybe even more credit). If Gilligan thinks he has the right story for a BB sequel then I'm on board.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I don't know how anyone can hate that finale. I hope the movie doesn't tell us what happened to Walt after the finale.
Walt died. It wasn't ambiguous. He died.

They might show us what happened after to Jessie and Walt's family. But I have no doubt that Walt's death was the real deal. They show him dying on screen for a reason. They deliberately avoided a Soprano-like open ending.

He did reassure fans that the ending won't be left frustratingly vague, like the abrupt cut-to-black of "The Sopranos." "There's not much in the way of ambiguity with this ending," Gilligan told USA Today. "People won't be left scratching their chins and saying, 'I wonder what's happening here.' It doesn't have to be happy or sad or anywhere in between. What mattered most to us was that the ending satisfy."

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I still think the penultimate episode should have been the show's true ending, but I also realize that I'm the minority in that.

Granite State? Yeah, that is an uncommon opinion. I've seen plenty of people suggest that it end with Ozymandias (not sure how that works structurally but it is certainly the creative peak) but Granite State seemed like a (very good) resetting the pieces for the finale episode and not something conceivable as a finale itself.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Granite State? Yeah, that is an uncommon opinion. I've seen plenty of people suggest that it end with Ozymandias (not sure how that works structurally but it is certainly the creative peak) but Granite State seemed like a (very good) resetting the pieces for the finale episode and not something conceivable as a finale itself.
I think seeing Walt slowly die alone with a barrel full of money would have been a perfect way to just cap off the story of his downfall. It would have been very similar to another TV finale that I consider one of the best endings to an anti-hero arc ever. Instead they chose to wrap everything up with a nice little bow which just felt cheap to me.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I think seeing Walt slowly die alone with a barrel full of money would have been a perfect way to just cap off the story of his downfall. It would have been very similar to another TV finale that I consider one of the best endings to an anti-hero arc ever. Instead they chose to wrap everything up with a nice little bow which just felt cheap to me.

Interesting. Personally I'll take the "tie a bow on it" endings almost every time. Primarily because I think creators screw up ambiguous endings far more often than they get it right. And, for me, a botched ambiguous ending sours me on a show more than a forgettable "pat and clean" ending.

lucky300

Aug 9, 2018
Marlee Matlin To Star In Comedy 'Life And Deaf' Eyed by Disney+ From Lizzy Weiss, Patricia Heaton & CBS TV Studios
Disney+ is finalizing deals to put in development comedy series Life and Deaf, starring and executive produced by Oscar winner Marlee Matlin, I have learned. The project hails from Switched at Birth creator Lizzy Weiss, Patricia Heaton and David Hunt's Four Boys Entertainment and CBS TV Studios, where Four Boys is under a pod deal.

Written By Weiss and based on the life of Jack Jason, Matlin's long-time interpreter, Life and Deaf is a half-hour family comedy about a kid growing up in the '70s with deaf parents — and the mischief that ensues when, as their ears and mouthpiece, he is given the "keys to the kingdom.'

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
There's a fourth Walking Dead tv show in the works, according to Robert Kirkman's letter at the end of the final issue of The Walking Dead comic. This is presumably the international version that they alluded to a while back.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Well, a Walking Dead show outside of the US would be a bit more interesting. People would have way less guns though.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing about any Walking Dead show will ever be interesting.

A show set during
the time of the final issue of the comic where it's a couple decades in the future and it's basically the wild west set in a desert with trains and bandits riding horses and shit
would be awesome as hell, especially if they really leaned into the
western
aspects of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.